collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Montana Sheep Auction  (Read 18888 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Montana Sheep Auction
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 06:00:01 PM »
They also aren't doing it for bragging rights.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: Montana Sheep Auction
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »
They also aren't doing it for bragging rights.
I'd imagine they alreay have the "trophy wife" as well, if not then the "trophy mistress" :twocents:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 06:05:24 PM »
I wouldn't have a problem spending that amount of money on hunting, if I had it to spend. But I just wouldn't blow it all on one hunt. I could easily go on 15 to 20 fully guided hunts in other states and/or countries for that kind of money.

Offline NWWA Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, DU, MDF, SCI
Montana Sheep Auction
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 06:10:18 PM »
They aren't blowing it all on one hunt. If you have that money there's more left. No joke a lot of the people who buy these tags make that kind of money in a month. And if you or I could afford a one time large purchase of a months salary. Just remember that when its 6 figures a month that it hurts a lot left. It's a great way to raise large amounts for conservation and I have no problem giving up a couple animals a year to supplement my hunting.
Take your kids into the outdoors. They are our future. Support conservation by joining and participating in future through NRA, SCI, RMEF, Wild Sheep or any of the other great organizations.

Offline JPhelps

• I EAT ELK!!!
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 06:10:21 PM »
Bob,
I think these class of guys can do that too if they want to. :yike:

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 06:15:34 PM »
They aren't blowing it all on one hunt. If you have that money there's more left. No joke a lot of the people who buy these tags make that kind of money in a month. And if you or I could afford a one time large purchase of a months salary. Just remember that when its 6 figures a month that it hurts a lot left. It's a great way to raise large amounts for conservation and I have no problem giving up a couple animals a year to supplement my hunting.
Actually someone spending that much money on a tag like that likely makes that much in a few days. :twocents:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 06:16:44 PM »
I wouldn't have a problem spending that amount of money on hunting, if I had it to spend. But I just wouldn't blow it all on one hunt. I could easily go on 15 to 20 fully guided hunts in other states and/or countries for that kind of money.
I really don't think you are understanding Bob. ;)

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »
I really don't think you are understanding Bob. ;)

No I understand. Turkeyfeather asked the question if any of us would spend that much on a sheep tag. And my answer is I wouldn't. But I'm glad someone did. Hopefully all that money will go to a good cause.

Offline DaveBTS

• Hunter
    • Blacktail Specialties
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »
It's better than the govt getting the money.

Offline scree

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 12:57:50 PM »
It is really completely relative; guys like us spend a certain percentage of our annual income on hunting and they spend the same percentage.  I fail to see the difference.  It is also priorities, I have guys at work that think I'm nuts for spending what I do on hunting but those are the same guys that golf and go to Vegas every year.   

Offline furbearer365

• Longhunter
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2013, 07:55:58 PM »
Ive always been on both sides of the fence on this one.  It sounds absolutely ridiculous to spend that money on one sheep.  I agree that it is all relative because i have friends and family that think it is nuts to spend $1,200 to go to montana every year "just to kill a deer."  People spend $60,000 on a vehicle, just to get them from point A to point B. But the thing is if you have that much money and you can literally go on any hunt in the world, and probably have, where do you go from there.  Sometimes everyone needs that one hunt to challenge themselves or to top everything they have accomplished up till that point.  Maybe this is the first one he has every payed that kind of moey for and one time in his life would like the ability/challenge of taking a World Record animal.  Since i dont have money, right now i can say that i would rather go on 20 of the best North American hunts that that much money could buy. :twocents:

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2013, 10:16:19 PM »
It's simple , They spend it because they can !
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 07:59:38 AM »
I would cut that check in a second if I could!  Its not like Canada or Alaska where you can just book a hunt.  Guys put in their whole lives for a breaks tag and will never draw it!  Also if you have never seen the size of the rams walking around on the Missouri than never say never!  Seen at least 2 that would go 190+ and one of those was on the far end of 190!  They almost look silly their horns are so giant.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline blacktailer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 08:32:49 AM »
I would cut that check in a second if I could!  Its not like Canada or Alaska where you can just book a hunt.  Guys put in their whole lives for a breaks tag and will never draw it!  Also if you have never seen the size of the rams walking around on the Missouri than never say never!  Seen at least 2 that would go 190+ and one of those was on the far end of 190!  They almost look silly their horns are so giant.

Well Said....
"A lazy man works twice as hard"

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 09:03:27 AM »
if a guy makes 20 million a year (which people do)he could have this tag paid for in a week.. doesn't seem too bad of a price then  :hello:

gotta remember that 1-2% have 98-99% of Americas money,sometimes hard to grasp how much money that is

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]