collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chris Kyle Murdered  (Read 18725 times)

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
Re: Chris Kyle Murdered
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 09:43:23 AM »
 How true.
 from the Palins

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and many friends of former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle tonight. Todd and I first met Chris in Pella, Iowa, when he helped out with security for the premiere of the film “The Undefeated.” And later we became friends with Chris when he was on “Stars Earn Stripes” with Todd. Chris was a wonderful man, a good friend, and a true American hero who loved our country and served honorably. He was loved and admired by so many, and he will never be forgotten.

- Todd and Sarah Palin
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2013, 02:04:35 PM »
It really is tragic this has happened just like all the other shootings going on but of course the media puts in the for front a gun was used.  The mental stability of the person is just a foot note.
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 07:52:35 AM »
A former Navy SEAL, author of the best-selling autobiography "American Sniper," was one of two people killed Saturday at a gun range, authorities said.

Chris Kyle, 38, who declared himself the "most lethal sniper in U.S. history," was killed along with 35-year-old Chad Littlefield on Saturday afternoon in Glen Rose, Texas, southwest of Fort Worth, the Texas Department of Public Safety said.

Police arrested suspect Eddie Ray Routh, 25, after a brief pursuit. He is facing two counts of capital murder, the department said.

Kyle, an outspoken advocate for war veterans, claimed more than 150 sniper killings in Iraq, which he described as a record for any American. He said insurgents placed a bounty on his head and nicknamed him "the devil."

SEAL: Insurgents knew how to identify me
Ex-Navy sniper killed at Texas gun range He appeared last year on the NBC reality show "Stars Earn Stripes," in which competitors took on missions based on military exercises.

"He was a man of incredible character, he led by example," Jason Kos, a friend of Kyle's, told CNN. "He always stopped to take time to talk to whoever was around him. Just incredibly humble, very funny as well."

Kyle helped establish the nonprofit Fitco Cares Foundation to enable veterans battling post-traumatic stress syndrome get access to exercise equipment.

In a statement, the foundation described Kyle as an "American hero" and pledged to carry on his mission.

Kyle served four combat tours in Iraq and received two Silver Stars, among other commendations.

He left the Navy in 2009.

During an interview with Time magazine last year, Kyle defended his decision to write a book despite the secretive nature of the SEAL world.

"It's kind of frowned on," he told the magazine. "But I'm not trying to glorify myself. I didn't want to put the number of kills I had in there. I wanted to get it out about the sacrifices military families have to make."

He said that while killing did not come easy at first, he knew it meant saving lives.

"The first time, you're not even sure you can do it," he said in the interview. "But I'm not over there looking at these people as people. I'm not wondering if he has a family. I'm just trying to keep my guys safe. Every time I kill someone, he can't plant an (improvised explosive device). You don't think twice about it."

Before becoming a sniper, Kyle was a Texas rodeo cowboy. He started shooting as a child during hunting trips with his father.

After leaving the military, he founded Craft International, a military training company.

His bio on the company website says that in addition to working with the SEALs, he served with units in the Army and Marines.

His combat experience includes close-quarters battle, desert patrols and training foreign allies, it says.

This article is wrong and does Chris a disservice.
All his kills were witnessed and recorded as per requirement. There is no "Self Proclaimed" He was the most efficient Sniper in US military history.

Thank you for your service Chris, you were one of a kind.

Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 07:54:37 AM »
Sad day for America, lost a true hero. 
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 08:27:34 AM »
I had never heard of him but yesterday had the wife order his book from Amazon. Figured I better get it before it's sold out.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 08:54:02 AM »
It is a great read!
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »
Crying shame of a way to go out. Rest in peace sir. I hope you find the happy hunting grounds. Im looking forward to reading the book.

Offline Becky

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2013, 09:04:51 AM »
I seen this on the news, my heart and prayers go out to the families of both men killed. Very sad and horrible way to go out.

Offline Fishaholic

• Master pintsmen =)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2013, 12:20:19 PM »
indeed is it a sad way to go out. i read  about him in my American riflemen. not sure when it was like 6 or 8 months ago.
30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline firedog

• Scout
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2013, 08:52:50 PM »
Terrible loss! A true American Hero lost.

His book is great, from the book and the interviews I have seen with him he seems like a very humble guy. His book and Lone Survivor ar the best two books I have read. Marcus Luttrel talks about Chris quite a bit in his book Service (I am about half way through it, another good read) Chris saved a lot of our service men over there.

R.I.P Chris Kyle
IAFF Local 43

Offline longrangekiller

• Longhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2013, 09:24:34 PM »
Rip  he was a true american hero

One thingni don't understand is on a range how dose a guy walk up and shoot a highly trained seal sniper?

Sorry to bring that up but I must not of heard the full story I'm sure if he seen it coming it would have turned out all diffrent
work hard but hunt harder

Offline krism83

• Longhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2013, 11:54:04 PM »
The news update came across my phone at work the other day. Terrible news to read. I was greatly looking forward to getting to shake that mans hand at SHOT next year. I also have to agree with Alchase that the article makes him sound like a glory hound, from which I have seen none of in the articles and interviews.

RIP CPO Kyle

Offline jaymark6655

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2013, 04:38:52 AM »
Rip  he was a true american hero

One thingni don't understand is on a range how dose a guy walk up and shoot a highly trained seal sniper?

Sorry to bring that up but I must not of heard the full story I'm sure if he seen it coming it would have turned out all diffrent
Like a coward, in the back while he is laying on the ground helping out the other guy.

RIP KYLE
"That's the reason we pay $25 for a recoil lug made by a professional instead of one for $0.50 made by Micheal J Fox using a dremel!"

"Women should be treated the same as a French Rifle, dropped at the first sign of trouble."

Offline pens fan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2013, 05:22:53 AM »
I feel so bad for his wife, too. She spent all thatbtine worried he was going to get killed over there in sand land, and so he comes home andgets killed at home.
I read and thoroughly enjoyed his book. When i heard the news, i felt like i was kicked in the stomach

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal