collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Firearms/Ammo tax bill introduced for WA State.  (Read 11897 times)

Offline Dhoey07

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
Re: New Firearms/Ammo tax bill introduced for WA State.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 10:35:27 AM »
I'm glad i live close to Cd'A

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 10:42:57 AM »
having a firearm in the house also puts an abused woman at greater risk of being killed

This is a classic example of our government leaders looking to drive their agenda rather than seek effective solutions. Rather than tax ammunition and gun sales to remove the risk for these women, why not incarcerate the abusive person that poses the risk?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »
This bill has been brought up to reduce the firearm related suicide death rate. First off most of these actions are taken place by factory loaded ammo. Not hand loaded yourself. So by taxing brass casings, powder, primers, bullets, etc what will that change. It takes hours to load your own bullet as well with a lot of knowledge, for most of which don't have or haven't taken time to purchase that much supplies.Also if a person had such horrible thoughts to commit suicide do you think taxing firearms and ammo will make a difference? If the person did such an act of committing suicide I don't think he/her really cares about his/her finances on whether or not he/her spent the money. They will be deceased/dead two seconds after the round was fired. So why do they care about money spent. Quit being so ignorant and stop trying to take away bits and pieces to our second amendment. You are suppose to stand up for the constitution and you are fighting against it.
That's how I feel about part of the bill
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline smdave

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
    • My Photobooth
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 12:06:37 PM »
5 (a) Twenty-five dollars for every firearm sold at retail; or
6 (b) Fifteen dollars for every firearm sold at retail if a gun safe
7 or a gun lock is purchased at the time of sale with a firearm.

But here is the kicker, it says Top of page 4.

1 (a) "Ammunition" means cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or
2 propellant powder designed for use in any firearm.

So does that mean .01C for every primer, and bullet. Grain of powder?
When I pass, do not let my wife sell the guns for what I told her they cost.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »
All this bologna is about to convince me to move to another "smarter and more friendly" state.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
All this bologna is about to convince me to move to another "smarter and more friendly" state.

Sorry, you can't.

You own "Hunt-Washington."   :chuckle:

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »
For someone who does not have to live in WA for work it will start becoming more attractive to move some place else... I think WY is top of the list but is fairly expensive to live/move there. I think ID would be #2 then MT #3.  :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 12:27:01 PM »

Idaho is close, and becoming more and more appealing.   :yeah:

Offline turkeyfeather

• Old Salt
  • Groups: NWTF
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 12:27:22 PM »
I'm glad i live close to Cd'A
Me too.

For someone who does not have to live in WA for work it will start becoming more attractive to move some place else... I think WY is top of the list but is fairly expensive to live/move there. I think ID would be #2 then MT #3.  :twocents:
My wife and I are considering moving there as well.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is who you actually are while your reputation is merely who others think you are.

Offline bullcanyon

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 12:36:05 PM »
Don't they try something like this yearly?  Doubt it will make it far.  I commented on the link anyhow.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 12:39:25 PM »
This bill has been brought up to reduce the firearm related suicide death rate. First off most of these actions are taken place by factory loaded ammo. Not hand loaded yourself. So by taxing brass casings, powder, primers, bullets, etc what will that change. It takes hours to load your own bullet as well with a lot of knowledge, for most of which don't have or haven't taken time to purchase that much supplies.Also if a person had such horrible thoughts to commit suicide do you think taxing firearms and ammo will make a difference? If the person did such an act of committing suicide I don't think he/her really cares about his/her finances on whether or not he/her spent the money. They will be deceased/dead two seconds after the round was fired. So why do they care about money spent. Quit being so ignorant and stop trying to take away bits and pieces to our second amendment. You are suppose to stand up for the constitution and you are fighting against it.
That's how I feel about part of the bill
Japan has a much higher suicide rate than the US and guns are banned, again poor legislation proposed by a left wing agenda.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline blackdog

• Longhunter
  • Advocate ..
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »
This Bill won't pass, we don't need to worry just ask your legislators to vote no and it goes away.

Offline huntrights

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 01:14:21 PM »
Thanks to all people that take the few minutes needed to communicate with their Representatives and the appropriate Committee members about these critical issues that will profoundly affect our rights and freedoms.  Please know that the effort cannot stop with you.  Please urge your family, friends, and colleagues to do the same.  We can successfully push back against these attacks on our rights and freedoms if we can make our united voice grow.  The only way that can happen is with your help.  Please get others involved.

The intent of the following is to inform you and ask that you consider communicating with the House Judiciary Committe and your representatives regarding this proposed legislation that imposes unjustified burdens on law-biding citizens that legally purchase firearms and ammunition.  Feel free to copy and paste the message or write your own.

Copy and paste House Judiciary Committee email addresses:

jamie.pedersen@leg.wa.gov; drew.hansen@leg.wa.gov; jay.rodne@leg.wa.gov; steve.oban@leg.wa.gov; roger.goodman@leg.wa.gov; mike.hope@leg.wa.gov; laurie.jinkins@leg.wa.gov; steve.kirby@leg.wa.gov; brad.klippert@leg.wa.gov; terry.nealey@leg.wa.gov; tina.orwall@leg.wa.gov; maryhelen.roberts@leg.wa.gov; matt.shea@leg.wa.gov

Copy and paste subject:

Please Oppose HB1703 - Firearms and Ammunition Tax

Copy and Paste message:

Dear members of the House Judiciary Committee:

I am writing to respectfully ask that you to oppose HB1703 – “An ACT promoting firearm safety through an education program funded through fees on firearms and ammunition and creating a sales tax exemption on gun locks”.  As with the rest of the anti-gun legislation being introduced in our state and nationally; this legislation is nothing more than an opportunistic attempt to ride the emotional anti-gun bandwagon resulting from the tragedy in Connecticut.  Similar legislation is being introduced across the nation under the guise of safety just as is being done with HB1703, yet it is most definitely anti-gun at its core and is an attempt to unjustly tax firearms and ammunition.  Firearms safety education programs are already widely available; why aren’t the supporters of this legislation taking advantage of them and promoting them?

I would like to clearly express the following message to the supporters of this legislation and other anti-gun legislation that is flooding our legislative assemblies:

I am deeply offended and extremely concerned about the blatant attacks on Amendment II of our Bill of Rights and the law-abiding citizens it protects.  You are proposing legislation that does nothing but place a burden on some of the most law-abiding citizens in this country and yet you are doing nothing to address the core issues.

A major part of our problem with violence is the culture that has been fostered in our country over the past several years.  This country has lost touch with the foundation of morality that made us strong and united in the past.  For example: Please look at the extreme violence and graphic images on television, in movies, and in video games that somehow have become acceptable in our culture.  What are you doing about the proliferation of violent gangs?  What are you doing about the drug culture in our society (Note: You just passed a law legalizing marijuana)?  What are you doing?

The Utah Sheriff’s Association summed up the view of firearms very well in their letter to the President:

http://utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home_files/2nd%20Amendment%20Letter_1.pdf   

“…With the number of mass shootings America has endured, it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil. As professional peace officers, if we understand nothing else, we understand this: lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect them from all types of illegality….” 

Please stop attacking the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens that happen to purchase and own firearms per their Constitutional Rights.  Whether the legislation you propose directly infringes on our right to keep and bear arms or if it is a subliminal attack via fees and taxation such as HB1703; in any form, they are blatant and offensive attacks on our rights and freedoms.  Please remove HB1703 from any further consideration.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

[Your contact information]

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:28:41 PM by jshunt »

Offline KNOPHISH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 01:21:35 PM »
I used the legislative hotline to oppose this one & it goes right to your own legislators. 1-800-562-6000
I have Man Chit to do

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 02:37:05 PM »
Letter sent to all listed, and commented on it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]