collapse
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GPS MAP See our Super Grade Outdoor Equipment!

Author Topic: SEAHAWKS 2013  (Read 11819 times)

Offline Bullkllr

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: Seahawks 2013
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2014, 06:03:23 PM »
Some regular season stats for comparison.

Rushing:49ers gave up an average of 96ypg on the ground (#5); Saints, #19 (111 ypg)
Hawks, #7, (102 ypg)
Interestingly, 9ers and Saints gave up 11 rushing touchdowns each during the regular season.
Seahawks gave up exactly four (4) all season.

Passing: Saints #2 (194ypg), 9ers #7 (221ypg)
Hawks #1 (172ypg)

Total yards allowed: Saints #4 best (306ypg), 9ers #5 (317ypg).
Hawks #1 (274 ypg)

Scoring defense: 9ers #3 (17 ppg), Saints #4 (19 ppg).
Hawks #1 (14 ppg).

Offline Bullkllr

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2014, 09:46:38 PM »

Offline 87Ford

• Longhunter
« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2014, 10:13:19 PM »
Interesting read on Hawks' supposed offensive woes.
Of all the posters commenting on the apparent Seahawks woes, it is your posts Bullkillr, that make the most sense.  Your comments are thoughtful, rational, and logical.  I must say that I agree with everything you say.

I haven't heard Carrol say anything about the Hawks offense, or Russel Wilson in particular, needing to play "better" to win the upcoming Game with the whiners:pee. I've only heard him say that Wilson is doing everything asked of him and that the game will be a "chess match" which is in line with point made in the link you posted.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Off-Topics
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Montana Dirty Dozen
« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2014, 10:50:27 PM »
Interesting read on Hawks' supposed offensive woes.
Of all the posters commenting on the apparent Seahawks woes, it is your posts Bullkillr, that make the most sense.  Your comments are thoughtful, rational, and logical.  I must say that I agree with everything you say.

I haven't heard Carrol say anything about the Hawks offense, or Russel Wilson in particular, needing to play "better" to win the upcoming Game with the whiners:pee. I've only heard him say that Wilson is doing everything asked of him and that the game will be a "chess match" which is in line with point made in the link you posted.
I heard Wilson in the front of the press today say that he needs to be more accurate than he has been. :dunno:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline huntnnw

• Old Salt
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
All these stats and woes or whatever mean exaclty nothing other than something you wanna read. It all goes out the window when they play each other all about winning the matchups on the field..Seatlle matches up better than any team in the league with the Niners thats why you see the lopsided scores in Seattle in combo with the crowd noise and why you see close games in SF.

Offline Bullkllr

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2014, 06:32:10 AM »
 :yeah: Exactly!

And for all the hand-wringing- the perceived lack of offense has cost this team exactly NOTHING.

Still clinched the division.
Still secured home-field advantage.
Still advanced in the playoffs.

Offline carlyoungs

• Off-Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2014, 07:37:21 AM »
Here's one for everyone to think about. With the four remaing qb(manning, brady, capernick, and wilson) you know how many td were thrown last week? 3. Thats them four qb combined.  It's playoffs and defense is what wins games. I dont think our offense is really that bad if you look at the tough defense s we've played. I think were expecting those games like the first niners game at home and the first saints game. Everyone watches our tape and have learned a lot of our game. As long as we run the ball and play good d we got this. Go Hawks!

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Chief Executive Head Anarchist of YKWTSASFFRO
« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2014, 08:38:24 AM »
Here's one for everyone to think about. With the four remaing qb(manning, brady, capernick, and wilson) you know how many td were thrown last week? 3. Thats them four qb combined.  It's playoffs and defense is what wins games. I dont think our offense is really that bad if you look at the tough defense s we've played. I think were expecting those games like the first niners game at home and the first saints game. Everyone watches our tape and have learned a lot of our game. As long as we run the ball and play good d we got this. Go Hawks!

Wow only 3? All these qbs must be garbage then  :chuckle:
Official hunt-wa bigfoot field researcher!

Offline funkster

• Sourdough
« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2014, 08:58:12 AM »

Wow are you really a hawks fan?
If you want to make it,
you can't fake it,
you gotta live it.

Offline funkster

• Sourdough
« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »
I though the hawks restricted sales, now they want Texas A&M fans to attend :chuckle:

If you want to make it,
you can't fake it,
you gotta live it.

Offline carlyoungs

• Off-Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2014, 10:07:45 AM »
Non Seahawks fan funkster?

Offline Jonathan_S

• Site Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2014, 10:07:56 AM »
I though the hawks restricted sales, now they want Texas A&M fans to attend :chuckle:

:yeah:

Offline carlyoungs

• Off-Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2014, 10:09:50 AM »
The hawks didn't restrict sales it was the nfl. It was already pre determined before the hawks won.

Offline funkster

• Sourdough
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »
Non Seahawks fan funkster?

I'm a bears fan, have been since I was around 8!

I only wrote that because you're the first poster IMO that has any scense about the post season. Defense,running the ball and teams figuring out hawks offense from film.
If you want to make it,
you can't fake it,
you gotta live it.

Offline carlyoungs

• Off-Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2014, 06:22:31 PM »
Any takers on the final score? I'm going Seahawks 27 whiners 19

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Chief Executive Head Anarchist of YKWTSASFFRO
« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »
31-13 hawks
Official hunt-wa bigfoot field researcher!

Offline Curly

• Explorer
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2014, 07:52:49 PM »
20 - 16

Hawks for the win.   :tup:

May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Online Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2014, 07:56:54 PM »

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline Mtn.Ghost

• NWTripper
  • Sourdough
« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2014, 07:58:04 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted :chuckle:

Frisco Coach
"Grizzlybunny"

Offline Mtn.Ghost

• NWTripper
  • Sourdough
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2014, 07:59:48 PM »
Here's another one.......SF :pee:

Seahawks Song - Journey parody - "Lights" out for the 49ers - by Greg Otterholt

"Grizzlybunny"

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2014, 06:16:50 PM »
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-hawkmail/A-letter-to-the-2013-Seahawks-from-an-NFC-Champion/6527bd1e-e0e6-4252-8202-7051850af524

Dear Current Seahawks Players,

You may be wondering, how do you treat the biggest week of your life like it is a normal game week?  On the outside, it seems like a circus. I will never forget the week before the Seahawks NFC Championship game in January of ’06. It was my second season with the Seahawks and, like you, we finished the regular season 13-3. The city was going crazy, much like it is now. I remember the many media requests, fan rallies, family and friends flocking to town, and ticket requests from everyone I’d ever known. But the preparation had to remain the same. The focus had to prevail through each of the distractions of the NFC championship week.

The NFL playoffs are like nothing else in professional sports. Each game tests the determination of a team’s drive for a championship -- not through a series of five or seven games... Just one. There is only one opportunity to win; there’s only one opportunity to move on to the Super Bowl. Just one bad game means all of the hard work and preparation over the last twelve months was for naught.

As you now know, a playoff win is one of the most joyous, yet short-lived, victories an NFL player can experience. While beating your opponent in a divisional playoff game is certainly exciting, and important, it is not the destination that any player has circled on the map of his career. It is easy to forget about all of the success that you have enjoyed if you don’t end the season holding the Lombardi Trophy in your hands.

With all that swirling around inside, your focus must remain on the job at hand. Nothing can take away from the mental and physical preparation of film study and practice reps. You owe it to your teammates, your coaches, your family and to yourself to put in every minute of preparation for this game. You never know how many times you will have the opportunity to play for a championship in a career that, at least for me, seems like it is over in a blink of an eye. You must live in the moment. Because while the Super Bowl might lie ahead in your future, the promise of playing for an NFC Championship, in front of your own fans in the city that embraces you, is one of the most surreal things you can experience.

Enjoy it. Embrace it. Give it everything you’ve got. You may be the best the Seahawks have ever been -- and good enough to hoist the Lombardi trophy. I believe in you. The fans believe in you. The city of Seattle is in your corner and the 12s will be there doing their part. They always do. Do your thing and we will see you at Super Bowl XLVIII.

Go Hawks,

Craig Terrill
Seahawks Alumni 2004- 2011
Blue Ribbon Coalition
SAWS
WSSA
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!
 GO 'HAWKS!!!

Offline huntnphool

• Off-Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2014, 12:04:56 PM »
This thread was started 11 months ago, how many of you honestly felt the Hawks would be playing in the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Online vandeman17

• Off-Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2014, 12:09:21 PM »
This thread was started 11 months ago, how many of you honestly felt the Hawks would be playing in the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season?

I can honestly say that I felt that we would make the playoffs and win a game or two but wasn't sure we could get over the hump and actually make it to the superbowl. I think getting home field advantage was KEY to our success and I am not sure we could have beat some of the other teams at their house. The same can be said for Denver but that is why you play the regular season and earn the right to play at home.
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Online kirkl

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2014, 12:19:18 PM »
I did. Hopin to collect my winnings in Vegas at some point with a Seahawks SB win

Offline huntnphool

• Off-Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2014, 12:20:55 PM »
I did. Hopin to collect my winnings in Vegas at some point with a Seahawks SB win
It would be cool to see pics of everyone's betting stubs.

Quick Links

* Random Photo New

IMG 1945

Views: 119
Posted by: tlbradford
in: Coyotes

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal