collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bushnell vs. Nikon scopes  (Read 12549 times)

Offline p-ohana

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: The Fallen Outdoors
Re: Bushnell vs. Nikon scopes
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 08:13:02 AM »
I would go with the Bushnell, You saw the results last year. The 50mm Obj makes all the differance in low light.
SFC U.S. Army Infantry (Retired)

The worst day of hunting is better than the best day at work

Offline Intruder

• Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 08:40:49 AM »
another guy saying ditch the 50mm.

peek around and you will find 3-9x40 elite 4200's for 200-250bux. there is no tougher scope made. I have several of them, infact, on all my "hunting" rifles this is pretty much what I am swapping out to. long range is a different story, but if ou are gonna shoot 450ish or less it is hard to beat for the $$

I whole heartidly agree.  This is a fantastic option and gonna give you the most bang for the buck out there.  Fantastic scope!!  No need for the 50 mm if you are looking to save $.  Probably no need anyway.

Tony 270WSM

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 12:07:14 PM »
Nikon. Think it is the Primos series that used to be the old Monarch line, just renamed. A Nikon Monarch blows a Leupold VX I (which was suggested) away, not even a close comparison.

As was also stated, I'd stay away from the 50mm lens as a simple 40mm will do what you need and more.

Offline EastWaViking

• Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »
I looked at Leupold, Burris and Nikon when I was in the market for a 223 scope earlier this year.  The 3-9x40 Buckmasters Matte BDC  was the clearest and least expensive, so I bought it, and love it.

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 03:44:16 PM »
another vote for Bushnell 4200 for $250 or Nikon Team Primos for $199.
Blows Leupy away.
I still have 2 Burris FFII's and love them.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »
Leupold vxII or the vxI. Also look at the Burris scopes. They are also well made.  :twocents:
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline deaddog

• Y.A.R. life member
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 01:04:34 PM »
I was looking to buy a new scope for a varmit gun. went to Cabels in ID, i compared the optics on bushy 3200, leupy I and II and Nikon pro-staff and buckmaster. I ended up buying a 4.5 x 14,40obj buckmaster for 290.00 and love it. I was not happy with the optics on the 2 Leupys at all. also i was told by the guy at cabels that they are using chines glass in those models. dont know if thats true but the glass was inferior to the nikons . just my opinion!
God is great, Beer is good, people are crazy.

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 07:55:54 PM »
Well guys, I went with a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x50, with the FF reticle.  I got it brand new off ebay for 200.00 shipped. My brother has already mounted it on my Sako, and it took 7 rounds to put 3 rounds under a quarter at 100 yds. and he says it is clearer and brighter than his 4200.  I will let you know how it works out in the field after I get out there to God's country next week.
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal