collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Did you send a message to the Senate Natural Resources Committee?

Yes
53 (77.9%)
No
10 (14.7%)
Don't Care Either Way
3 (4.4%)
I want to do more (send bearpaw a message)
2 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Eliminate Pro-Wolf Wildlife Commissioners Now! (poll added)  (Read 24662 times)

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Eliminate Pro-Wolf Wildlife Commissioners Now! (poll added)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »
Done .... :tup:

Offline Elkslayer

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 11:07:25 AM »
Email sent....  thanks for all the info BP.... :tup:
"YOU MUST FACE YOUR CHALLENGES HEAD ON IN ORDER TO SUCCEED."

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: Eliminate Pro-Wolf Wildlife Commissioners Now!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »
"Dear Senators on the Natural Resources & Parks Commission,

I respectfully write to you today as a voting constituent, a volunteering conservationist, a master hunter, and a concerned Washington resident. Two of the sitting members of the Wildlife Commission who come up for confirmation consideration in your hearing next Tuesday are not suitable candidates for the wildlife commission, Jay Kehne and David Jennings.

Mr. Kehne is a paid consultant for the lobbying organization Conservation Northwest, a vocally pro-wolf organization. Retaining a paid pro-wolf lobbyist on our state wildlife commission seems unbelievable to me. Mr. Jennings is considered by many to be way over the top in his opposition to sport fishing, having once proposed closing much of Neah Bay, a very active and abundant sport fishery, to sport fishing.

As I'm sure you're aware, Dave Ware, wildlife manager for the DFW said last week that he expects damages from wolf depredation to reach $2.3 million dollars this year, a trebling of $750,000.00 in 2012 (ref.
http://nwsportsmanmag.com/2013/03/20/wa-wolf-bill-for-2013-estimated-at-2-3-million/ ). The wolf program has gone out of control and has done so with the help of people like Mr. Kehne and Mr. Jennings and anti-hunting and fishing agendas.

I respectfully submit that WA's sportsmen and women pay half of the WDFW's operating budget through license fees, while only 15% comes from the general fund. The remaining 35% comes back to us from the federally collected funds of the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act (Pittman Robertson), which is funded solely by purchases of firearms, ammunition, and archery equipment. Sportsmen in this state effectively pay 85% of the WDFW's budget (source: WDFW hunter education booklet). Stacking the wildlife commission with people who oppose fishing in abundant fisheries or promote a wolf program which is outrageous and is growing out of control, seems not only to bite the hand which feeds, but to be in direct opposition to ethics and sound government practice*.

Many of the state's sportsmen are worried and upset by these appointments and feel that the DFW is being led away from serving them and toward serving special interest groups who don't pay the bills and who oppose hunting and fishing. We are depending on you, our elected officials to right this wrong. I beseech you to reconsider these appointments and take these people off the commission for the benefit of our sportsmen, solid scientifically-based wildlife management,  and balanced conservation.

I respectfully request the courtesy of a reply. Thank you all for your service to our great state.

--
Most Sincerely,
John
Vancouver

*Our approved wolf plan is 50% more aggressive than that
 of MT and we have 16 times their population density. MT is having
severe problems, not only with its plummeting ungulate (deer, elk,
moose) populations, but the entire economy which surrounds sporting and
hunting. Our expected increase in spending is just the tip of the
 iceberg if we don't manage these predators to levels appropriate with
our geographic and habitat limitations."
Well written John. Going through my notes from 2011 it was Chuck Perry from the commission that replied to the WDFW management estimate stating "costs for management in the other states is 2-3 times higher than your estimate, why do you think WDFW can do it cheaper?"
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 11:13:23 AM »
Perry, Douvia, and Wecker are commissioners who are not up for confirmation. That could be bad news if the governor plans to replace them!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 11:40:32 AM »
Idaho found that 44 deer and 20 elk per wolf are killed each year in their state, the WDFW estimate for ungulate depredation in this state was significantly lower as well.

The comment that should really have hunters pissed off came out of the mouths of the WDFW themselves saying "wolves will likely take up to half the elk slotted for hunters"
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2013, 11:48:11 AM »
Done.......lets hope it doesnt get worse with the new gov................he is reputed to not support our interests.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »
I respectfully submit that WA's sportsmen and women pay half of the WDFW's operating budget through license fees, while only 15% comes from the general fund. The remaining 35% comes back to us from the federally collected funds of the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act (Pittman Robertson), which is funded solely by purchases of firearms, ammunition, and archery equipment. Sportsmen in this state effectively pay 85% of the WDFW's budget (source: WDFW hunter education booklet). Stacking the wildlife commission with people who oppose fishing in abundant fisheries or promote a wolf program which is outrageous and is growing out of control, seems not only to bite the hand which feeds, but to be in direct opposition to ethics and sound government practice*.

May want to check your sources.
During the 11-13 Budget:
27% from the Wildlife Fund (licenses)
29% Feds
16% General Fund
12% Other
16% Local Funding

"half of the WDFW's operating budget through license fees" That number is not half, but actually 27%

The federal funding is actually not just Pittman Robertson but actually numerous funding sources. For example just in Enforcement they get the equivalent of funding 2 Officer positions from NMFS/NOAA plus additional $ from them, they get funding for half an officer position from the Bureau of Reclamation. And they get overtime funding from BLM and US Army Corps of Engingeers.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »

During the 11-13 Budget:
29% Feds
16% General Fund
12% Other
16% Local Funding

"half of the WDFW's operating budget through license fees" That number is not half, but actually 27%

The federal funding is actually not just Pittman Robertson but actually numerous funding sources. For example just in Enforcement they get the equivalent of funding 2 Officer positions from NMFS/NOAA plus additional $ from them, they get funding for half an officer position from the Bureau of Reclamation. And they get overtime funding from BLM and US Army Corps of Engingeers.
sounds to me like he played it perfectly. :tup:

Offline pendoreilleadventures

• Moose Whisper
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/brian.benham.16
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 12:26:13 PM »
My father, wife, and I all sent emails :tup:
“Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians--except for the occasional mountain lion steak.”
― Ted Nugent

Offline ghosthunter

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 01:05:56 PM »
Email sent.

:tup:
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Hunter4Life

• supreme predator, hunter, carnivore, political animal, warrior for hunter's rights
  • Hunter
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Groups: HHC, WWC, Hunting Works for Washington, SCI, Sportsmen's Alliance, NRA
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 01:22:16 PM »
"The most powerful environmentalists I know are hunters, because they see firsthand--it is not an abstraction for them. They actually spend time in the outdoors. They want to take their children to hunt and fish in the same place that their father took them."
---Theodore Roosevelt

Unfortunately the term "environmentalist" in todays political lingo has become these radical eco tree-huggers that go so far that they put the environment over people at any cost.  They want no growth whatsoever.  People are not part of the equation.  Way back when I remember that there was a group of wackos that wanted to eliminate all fish from alpine likes because fish pollute the water!  This is the Dave Jennings sea kitten environmentalism.  So radical that the environment is put on an alter that it is not to be used.  And no, I know that Jennings doesn't want to kill all the fish or any fish for that matter. 

The Theodore Roosevelt environmentalism is a good thing.  Sound management policies that preserve our natual resources and realize that hunting is necessary to preserve the natural order.   The environment has to be protected for future generations, so that they can enjoy the outdoors to do whatever; hike, fish, hunt, take pictures, whatever.  Common sense polices that know people are part of the equation and the outdoors is a resource to be enjoyed and treasured.

When you are a hunter, you are already an environmentalist.  The game that you seek needs to have sustainable habitat to survive.  Prey and predator species need to be correctly managed so that there are hunting opportunities and that man is part of the natural order.  The terms go hand in hand.  I just call myself a hunter and leave it at that.  I will use the term environmentalist to how it is incorrectly used in today's political jargon.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:08:20 PM by Hunter4Life »
If guns kill people, then…
- pencils misspell words.
- cars make people drive drunk.
- spoons made Rosie O’Donnell fat.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 02:27:41 PM »
 :yeah: Very true. However when the MEANING of words change it is important to recognize that.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 02:32:12 PM »

During the 11-13 Budget:
29% Feds
16% General Fund
12% Other
16% Local Funding

OK, so my source is the WDFW for the 50%. If you read the Hunter Education guide, it clearly says so. If their figures are wrong, well...
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2013, 02:33:47 PM »
2 Gov publications contradict each other? Say it ain't SO!  :chuckle:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline fishinmike

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »
E-mail sent, thanks for the heads up.
Who took my last beer?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal