collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Just my opion right or wrong  (Read 9679 times)

Offline 308ME

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Just my opion right or wrong
« on: April 06, 2013, 06:45:49 PM »
Just my opinion. I keep hearing about some low life @%$ breaking into peoples homes and home owner defends his or her family and kill the stupid $#% ass. Then some bleeding heart from the local TV station gets on and says how sad it is that little johnny or what every the fools name was got shot and died, and then the family of the fool gets time to tell what a good person the fool was and how its such a tragedy and the home owner should be prosecuted for his or her actions yet the fool has a rap sheet as long as your leg and is carrying a gun of some kind what was his real intention ??? know body knows because the home owner did just what the founders of the country intended a person to do if there home was invaded defended their domain and protect themselfs.  :tup:

Break into my home and you'll be lucky to get out with only 5 holes in you. As for the rest of the underlying issue here everyone need to remember that guns do not kill people, people kill people just like a drunk in a car kills people no difference. People die at the hands of other people every day the tool that dose the killing is up to the person be it either a car, club or gun the item used is harmless without a person controlling it. Outlawing guns is not the answer if you outlaw guns then only outlaws will have them.  Figuring out how to keep guns out of the hands of outlaws is. :gun: :yeah:

Offline NoImpactNoIdea

• Scout
Re: Just my opion right or wrong
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 06:47:28 PM »
I agree.  All the people who are saying that their stuff isnt worth someones life should post their address.  The criminals would be better off going there than my house.

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 06:51:50 PM »
Dead people! Can't testify in court!!  If you feel the need to come in my house. I wish you the best.   
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 07:08:04 PM »
I agree.  All the people who are saying that their stuff isnt worth someones life should post their address.  The criminals would be better off going there than my house.
:yeah: :tup: :tup:

Offline pendoreilleadventures

• Moose Whisper
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/brian.benham.16
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »
anyone that that comes into my home to rob me is leaving in a body bag!!!! :bfg:
“Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians--except for the occasional mountain lion steak.”
― Ted Nugent

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 07:26:14 PM »
If it is to you, that is your choice but my TV is not worth the legal and emotion battles I will face if I shoot someone for reasons other than being in imminent danger.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »
I agree with Bob. I'd be really curious to know if you all would really be interested in shooting and killing someone over a TV. If you or yours are threatened, that's a different story. Some of you make it sound like its not a big deal to take the life of another human  being. Can't help but wonder if threads like this aren't started as a form of c___ measuring contest.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 07:35:23 PM »
Now flame away.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline rtspring

• Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 07:38:01 PM »
How do "we" know that when they bust the door down , that all they want is the tv?not taking that Chance!
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline Turner89

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 07:45:31 PM »
Yea. Not gonna take the word of a dumb ass I catch in my house. ( On what his intentions are)
" if your a 20 year old and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If your a 40 year old and not a conservative,  you don't have a brain"

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 07:50:27 PM »
Have said it before and will say it again that's what the 2 handguns picked up off the streets back east are for the SOB that came into my house was armed and showed a gun and I don't give a rats Butt what his intentions were Police found a loaded 38 in his possession
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 07:55:45 PM »
Have said it before and will say it again that's what the 2 handguns picked up off the streets back east are for the SOB that came into my house was armed and showed a gun and I don't give a rats Butt what his intentions were Police found a loaded 38 in his possession

So you'll plant a gun on the guy?

Offline snowpack

• Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 07:58:50 PM »
How do "we" know that when they bust the door down , that all they want is the tv?not taking that Chance!
:yeah:  If someone has broken through a locked door to get into my place, my assumption is that they are there to harm.  They may have wanted a TV, but do they want to leave someone that can identify them?  Likely not, so they are probably going to want to kill you. 

Offline MLHSN

• Longhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »
Now flame away.

No flaming necessary, Jackelope.  I can agree and disagree alike in the same post.  Sure my t.v. or anything inanimate in my house isn't worth another soul.  I get it.  On the other side, maybe that person will keep breaking into houses until they themselves kill someone.  Who knows?  Maybe I'm saving someone's life in the future.  I'm closer to the category of "I'd rather be tried by nine, then carried by six."

Maybe you are right, Jackelope, "Can't help but wonder if threads like this aren't started as a form of c___ measuring contest. "

Sometimes it is a way of feeling manly.  For me it's just a matter of fact.  What happens, happens.  I can honestly say I won't loose any sleep at night if it's just me.  That damage has already be done.  The way I see it, if something bad happens, they killed themselves when they broke into my house.  What makes me think twice now are kids.  I couldn't sleep now knowing my kids might be very upset with seeing something no three year old should see.  If you would have caught me when I was single, there would have been no question.  Now, I would give someone the selective chance to leave my house.

I will say, to those that think they are tough stuff, you never know how you will react.  It doesn't matter how much practice or training you have had.  It's never a natural item and you will think about it.

I remember freezing once.  Everything happened in slow motion and I froze from the second I heard two RPG's fired to the second they hit the concrete wall behind me.  I thought for sure I was dead and didn't move an inch.  I wish to this day I had reacted.  I always wondered if those two guys, who got away, killed another American later on.  I can honestly say I never froze again after that. 

Just some food for thought for those who say they will instantly pull the trigger without a shadow of a doubt.  Unless you have been there, it's not natural, and you might or might not be happy with yourself afterwards.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:22:02 PM by MLHSN »

Offline Sliverslinger

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »

Definitely not something I would post on a public forum. In the tragic event that something like this happened to you some day, every aspect of your life will be under scrutiny by the law or the bad guys attorney. Imagine the deflated feeling you'd have... Now Mister Jingles, on April 6, 2013, did you or did you not say........
SliverSlinger

Offline snowpack

• Frontiersman
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »

Definitely not something I would post on a public forum. In the tragic event that something like this happened to you some day, every aspect of your life will be under scrutiny by the law or the bad guys attorney. Imagine the deflated feeling you'd have... Now Mister Jingles, on April 6, 2013, did you or did you not say........
So now he has to get something other than a 38.  ;)

Offline Button Nubbs

• "Fish CSI"
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »
If it is to you, that is your choice but my TV is not worth the legal and emotion battles I will face if I shoot someone for reasons other than being in imminent danger.
im not interested in finding out why an uninvited intruder is in my house. :twocents:
Team nubby!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »
Thanks for your service. I agree with everything you said. I have a 5 year old and I think about her safety and my wife's safety constantly.
The manly man thread thing throws me off. It's kinda like getting on a forum like this and starting a thread to tell someone how many guns that person has or how big their truck is or whatever. Who cares?? Are we supposed to be impressed?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 08:13:04 PM »

And Did you or did you not shoot an unarmed man?

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 08:13:45 PM »
Even after you spend the 100 plus thousand on the best lawyer to defend yourself and manage to win, you are still going to get sued by the family of the victim. Most people would probably end up bankrupt after all is said and done.

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 09:24:04 PM »
Me any more with how you hear armed assailent beat and killed old or older couple just saying take what you want isn't gona keep them from taking crap then taking your life. I think I'd shoot first if I had a chance.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 10:06:34 PM »
"i did what I had to do to stop his aggressive behaviour" and  "i was afraid for my life".
you had to stop someone one time? glad your all right then
ya having to defend yourself would be scary as hell I bet.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »
Go ahead and shoot the prowler. Just make sure you have a good attorney, and a bank account to pay for your defense.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/jan/29/vancouver-police-prowler-shot-killed-northeast-van/

Offline Button Nubbs

• "Fish CSI"
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 11:07:30 PM »
Go ahead and shoot the prowler. Just make sure you have a good attorney, and a bank account to pay for your defense.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/jan/29/vancouver-police-prowler-shot-killed-northeast-van/
well that guy is a moron for shooting him OUTSIDE his residence. however later in the article it does mention that an intruder was shot INSIDE someones house and they were not charged with any crimes.
Team nubby!

Offline washelkhunter

• Region 5 State Delegate #3
  • Frontiersman
  • Site sponsorhttp
  • Groups: TPE, NRA, RMEF, AST
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 12:08:58 AM »
Dont matter if he died outside. Just drag his corpse, or soon to be back inside where he will be found by the lawfull authorities. Remember; the police are reactive NOT proactive. As long as they're in your house; you are golden.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 12:26:15 AM »
I sort of like this supposed sign that was passed around by email!

Hopefully I never have to take a human life, I also hope I never have to make the decision, I am afraid that if someone is in my home and I feel my family or myself is threatened, that I might react in an attempt to protect. The last home invaders I know of in Stevens County ended up taking the life of the man who tried to help them. There has been a rash of burglaries lately, several people I know have been robbed, people are starting to watch closer, sooner or later the robbers are going to rob the wrong person and it will be the end of their robbing career.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Fishmasterdan

• Tracker
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 06:39:45 AM »

How many times of getting robbed will it take to change your mind?? What would happen if you let some dirt bag go and they went to your moms house who was 70 years old and robbed and beat her?? Sorry but home invaders should be shot ON SITE. If these things happend to you I am sure you would change your mind.  The main problem is, the current laws and enforcement doesnt care about buglaries. They tell you thats what insurance if for. I am for smith and wesson insurance. You kill one you protect hundreds of other people.

Offline Crunchy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 06:35:44 PM »
Use some common sense. You shoot someone in your house you are probably ok as long as it isn't the back as he is running away.  If so expect legal problems.  Shoot someone breaking into your car also expect legal problems.

I've seen first hand how killing another human being can have an effect on someone.  It isn't as easy as you think.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 07:32:09 PM »
To quote Dave Workman:

"It's acceptable to use deadly force in this state when you are in fear of grave bodily harm or death," Workman said. "It's not acceptable to use lethal force when it comes to property. If somebody's just trotting out your front door with a television set, let the police handle that."

Offline JLS

• Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 07:35:09 PM »

well that guy is a moron for shooting him OUTSIDE his residence. however later in the article it does mention that an intruder was shot INSIDE someones house and they were not charged with any crimes.

Justifiable use of lethal force does not depend on whether or not the person is inside of your home.
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline 300rum

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 07:45:06 PM »
The RCW says that deadly force is justifiable if used during the commission of a felony, plain as day.

I don't know how it can be more simple, but I guess it isn't?

There was a case in Mabton Washington, maybe 20 or more years ago where a women shot and killed a guy breaking into her car to steal a stereo.  I don't know how the state can go after someone for murder if it says it in the RCW itself!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 08:11:42 PM »
Dont matter if he died outside. Just drag his corpse, or soon to be back inside where he will be found by the lawfull authorities. Remember; the police are reactive NOT proactive. As long as they're in your house; you are golden.

:chuckle:
Just make sure the bad guy doesn't leave any blood outside where you shot him and clean up all the drag marks. You're sure to be fine.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 08:27:13 PM »

Just make sure the bad guy doesn't leave any blood outside where you shot him and clean up all the drag marks. You're sure to be fine.
Why stop at homicide when you can easily add tampering with evidence to the charges?

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
Since when does someone committing a B&E come in with a list of what they want? You guys talking about "oh well if they just want a tv let them go" give me a break Im glad Im no part of your family because thats not very reasuring. If someone is going to put forth effort knowing the crime that they are committing by not just coming into my home, but breaking into my home. Im going to figure that persons not there to come give you a hug. Theyre there to take whats yours and or hurt you and your family.  Everyone knows I dont have a gun and thank god I dont because Im not going to let that person sit around to ask questions "hey bro just seen the windows open, wheres your tv". Ive got a nice 32" suger cane machette sitting next to my bed and a baseball bat by the front door and that person better pray to theyre maker the second they step foot into my home because your not gonna got shot, your more than likely going to get a limb or two removed. Give you something to remember me by. Thanks and have a nice day.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 08:50:53 PM »
"Theyre there to take whats yours and or hurt you and your family."

If you believe the person in your home poses a serious threat, no one is disputing that deadly force is justifiable.

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 08:59:07 PM »

If you believe the person in your home poses a serious threat, no one is disputing that deadly force is justifiable.
Stranger in my home = damage is going to be done to that person. If i have to be prosecuted for that. So be it.

Offline JLS

• Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 09:03:56 PM »

Why stop at homicide when you can easily add tampering with evidence to the charges?

Go for the trifecta and get some witness intimidation :o

Offline Button Nubbs

• "Fish CSI"
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »

Stranger in my home = damage is going to be done to that person. If i have to be prosecuted for that. So be it.

:yeah:
Team nubby!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 09:45:28 PM »
Since when does someone committing a B&E come in with a list of what they want? You guys talking about "oh well if they just want a tv let them go" give me a break Im glad Im no part of your family because thats not very reasuring. If someone is going to put forth effort knowing the crime that they are committing by not just coming into my home, but breaking into my home. Im going to figure that persons not there to come give you a hug. Theyre there to take whats yours and or hurt you and your family.  Everyone knows I dont have a gun and thank god I dont because Im not going to let that person sit around to ask questions "hey bro just seen the windows open, wheres your tv". Ive got a nice 32" suger cane machette sitting next to my bed and a baseball bat by the front door and that person better pray to theyre maker the second they step foot into my home because your not gonna got shot, your more than likely going to get a limb or two removed. Give you something to remember me by. Thanks and have a nice day.
It was more a matter of the point of the thread to me. Like some folks trying to portray how much a B.A. dude they were by advertising the fact they'd shoot somebody. Like I said in my 1st post. I have a hard time with the fact that people seem to think it would be so easy to shoot someone. Don't get me wrong...if someone comes in my house, they're going to get what's coming. I will do what I have to do to protect my family. I just don't think it is so easy to shoot and kill someone....nevermind the other comments. I think we've seen in this thread that 1 guy would go so far as to plant a firearm on the dead bad guy and another guy would drag the dead bad guy inside so as to present a "justified" shoot.

Offline JLS

• Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 09:54:05 PM »
It's kind of scary and disconcerting at times the kind of comments and thoughts one can find on one of these threads.  Really.

Life is not black and white, with very few exceptions, neither is use of lethal force no matter how hard we try and make it such.

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »
It was more a matter of the point of the thread to me. Like some folks trying to portray how much a B.A. dude they were by advertising the fact they'd shoot somebody. Like I said in my 1st post. I have a hard time with the fact that people seem to think it would be so easy to shoot someone. Don't get me wrong...if someone comes in my house, they're going to get what's coming. I will do what I have to do to protect my family. I just don't think it is so easy to shoot and kill someone....nevermind the other comments. I think we've seen in this thread that 1 guy would go so far as to plant a firearm on the dead bad guy and another guy would drag the dead bad guy inside so as to present a "justified" shoot.

Lol I missed the part about planting a firearm on someone. Thats a biggg nono.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]