collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Eastern Washington Deer  (Read 13076 times)

Offline mossback91

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Eastern Washington Deer
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 11:27:34 PM »
Im in the same boat here in spokane just moved trying to find places!

Offline WAcoueshunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 11:41:01 PM »
I'm assuming your playing baseball for the Zags.  Daughter just graduated from Gonzaga, and now still a dog at University of Washington Dental School.  Good choice in School.  Congratulations on your choice.  Zags looked at my son for ball, but went back to Virginia to a D1.  The world gets smaller now.  Your AD's brother hunts our ranch 120 miles to the east.  If I recall properly, one of my conversations with the AD's brother in the duck blind was that the AD's inlaws have a pretty good big game ranch just north of Spokane?  I don't know anything about the ranch, or if they let outsiders hunt, but I think if I were you I would go talk to the AD to see if you might get taken a little bit further under his wing for starters.  Do not name drop where you got your information, or anything about this post.  You make the sale yourself, and sell yourself into the deal as time progresses.  Just rumers you heard in the dugout, and would like to learn more about big game hunting in Washington since you like it, and heard he is a notible authority.  You can do this.  Feel free to PM, and GO ZAGS!!!! 

That's a kickass post...love it.  Just wish I was a GU ballplayer!!!

Offline Redmist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 12:45:42 AM »
A message I try to stress about contacting land owners is that a person should not try to make it obvious that one is trying to connect through an known common interest.  We (all of us), land owners or otherwise want to like a person for who they are eventually.  Are they a person who we want as a lasting associate?  Some people can be bought with gifts, but I believe that having grown up in a rural farm setting, there is a high degree of mistrust given justly and unjustly to strangers.  One rule of seeking out hunting ground is to do it months in advance of the season.  I think this is maybe the most disarming method.  The tip I gave to the Zag is just an immediate source to look into for advice.  Every rural driveway presents just as much opportunity for each of us.  It's like an attractive person verses an ordinary person seeking a mate.  It's about learning to accept rejection and not letting it distract you from your goal.  A pretty person with looks and money to offer catches more unseasoned results, but the ordinary guy can get a lasting relationship with the lookers X.  Personally, I prefer a consistant slowly baked home cooked meal over fast food.  This can take years at times, but like sex, the lustual attraction to run your body over a certain piece of ground will last a lifetime.  Eventually you'll screw their deer.   

Offline high country

• Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 05:13:46 AM »

I drive back to your home turf every year to hunt deer. there is a bunch of folk in spokane with strong ties to okanogan co. I don't mind pointing you in the right direction if you need some help. but seriously as far as deer and upland go, it will be tough to find any spots that compare.....but there area few areas....

Offline swanny

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
    • 9to5active
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 06:36:36 PM »
I too am in the same boat. Trying to find a place in 133 or 136.

I have a possible lead that I can check into, but unfortunately wont be able to get over there until the day before the season starts. Should I not even ask since it is SO close to the season?

Offline shorthair-on-point

• Scout
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 06:48:07 PM »
Doesn't hurt to ask but the odds will be better farther away from the season.

Offline kbyers

• Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1053271021
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 11:34:13 AM »
Go NW out of Chewhela.  Check out the dirt roads off of Addy-Gifford and Cedonia-Addy roads.  Lots of muleys up there
"I think I have a fish"
"probably bottom"
"bottom doesn't head shake!"

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 11:59:37 AM »
Lots of private property too.

Offline mossback91

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »

I drive back to your home turf every year to hunt deer. there is a bunch of folk in spokane with strong ties to okanogan co. I don't mind pointing you in the right direction if you need some help. but seriously as far as deer and upland go, it will be tough to find any spots that compare.....but there area few areas....
I would appreciate any pointers. thank you

Offline jbaker509

• Pilgrim
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 07:26:37 AM »
ive lived here all my life and can show you some good place's to get on some white tail if needed. pm me and ill point you in the right direction  :hunter:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal