collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Antlerless moose tags?  (Read 11042 times)

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
Re: Antlerless moose tags?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 11:20:34 AM »
yes that is what I am getting from it kentrek.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Dr. Death

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 11:51:04 AM »
If you get a Bull Tag, you can still get a Cow tag...I got a Bull tag last year, I just logged onto the State Site and can purchase a cow permit. The bull permit is gone from my choices...

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 12:13:54 PM »
If you get a Bull Tag, you can still get a Cow tag...I got a Bull tag last year, I just logged onto the State Site and can purchase a cow permit. The bull permit is gone from my choices...
Mine shows that 2 and I took a bull a couple years back. However it states only one moose may be taken in a lifetime. This is waived only for auction, raffle, master hunter or previous antlerless hunts. That's what I'm confused about is why can I still buy the antlerless hunt option? I don't want to buy it build points for 10 years and draw a tag only to have the game department tell me I cannot be issued the tag. Another option that it shows I'm able to buy and apply for is handicapped? Last time I checked I'm all good and healthy. I think the licensing may have a glitch or to in the game departments favor in the way of funds.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »
I purchased one.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 01:15:05 PM »
I purchased one.
I probably will to lol. I sent an email to the game department regarding this topic so hopefully they will get back to me with an answer. I'm not banking on it though. I would like to get drawn for a cow permit moose are really fun to hunt and she would look nice on the wall next to my bull. Plus they are dam good eating!

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »
I purchased one.
I probably will to lol. I sent an email to the game department regarding this topic so hopefully they will get back to me with an answer. I'm not banking on it though. I would like to get drawn for a cow permit moose are really fun to hunt and she would look nice on the wall next to my bull. Plus they are dam good eating!
not sure what all the discussion is about. :dunno: If you have drawn a bull tag you can still apply and draw a cow tag.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »
Who May Apply: Anyone may apply,
except those who have previously harvested
a moose in Washington state
(for
exceptions, see below). An individual may
only harvest one moose during his or her
lifetime. However, this restriction is waived
for hunters who have previously harvested
a moose under an antlerless-only,
masterhunter,
raffle or auction hunt permit.

There are no related exceptions below that I could see.
 :dunno:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 01:22:43 PM »
I know it's stated it very obviously that way in the past few years but its pretty confusing how its stated in this years regs.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 01:23:52 PM »
I purchased one.
not sure what all the discussion is about. :dunno: If you have drawn a bull tag you can still apply and draw a cow tag.

It has changed this year. It was in the proposals that were out before the reg's were finalized and it pretty clearly states that you can only kill 1 moose in your lifetime unless you've harvested an antlerless moose. See my post above.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 01:32:23 PM »
I purchased one.

It has changed this year. It was in the proposals that were out before the reg's were finalized and it pretty clearly states that you can only kill 1 moose in your lifetime unless you've harvested an antlerless moose. See my post above.
Thats exactly the way I read it to. I was just checking to see if I was missing something or if anybody had any info we were not aware of. It's stated pretty clearly right there though looks like some of us are out a few points and a little money on the antlerless hunts!

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 01:33:58 PM »
I purchased one.

Thats exactly the way I read it to. I was just checking to see if I was missing something or if anybody had any info we were not aware of. It's stated pretty clearly right there though looks like some of us are out a few points and a little money on the antlerless hunts!
if that's the case then WDFW owes us a refund.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »
I purchased one.

So you are reading it as: If you have never harvested a moose and you drew a cow tag this year and filled your cow tag, then you can never harvest a bull? Is this the question you are asking?
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »
I purchased one.

So you are reading it as: If you have never harvested a moose and you drew a cow tag this year and filled your cow tag, then you can never harvest a bull? Is this the question you are asking?

I am reading it as saying....if you have killed a cow moose, you can keep applying. If you have killed a bull, you're all done. One and done.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 01:45:34 PM »
 :yeah:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »
 :yeah:X2

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]