collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Antlerless moose tags?  (Read 11049 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Antlerless moose tags?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 01:48:08 PM »
I wonder if it's because they told us we could still kill a bull if we killed a cow for a couple years. Now there's guys drawing cow tags and applying for bull tags thinking they can get both. Can't go back on them now and tell them "sorry, mr. moose hunter, you already got your one and only moose and it was a cow". The guys who have killed bulls are SOL on the cow because they got their bull already.The guys that shot cows can still get their bull...not fair regardless of how you look at it but I wonder.
I wonder how long till all cow tags are eliminated.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »
I wonder if it's because they told us we could still kill a bull if we killed a cow for a couple years. Now there's guys drawing cow tags and applying for bull tags thinking they can get both. Can't go back on them now and tell them "sorry, mr. moose hunter, you already got your one and only moose and it was a cow". The guys who have killed bulls are SOL on the cow because they got their bull already.The guys that shot cows can still get their bull...not fair regardless of how you look at it but I wonder.
I wonder how long till all cow tags are eliminated.
When the wolves start wiping out our herds!

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
I purchased one.

I can't believe WDFW is going to allow you the chance to harvest another antlerless moose! 

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »
I purchased one.

I can't believe WDFW is going to allow you the chance to harvest another antlerless moose!
:tup:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 03:54:24 PM »
I purchased one.

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline 6x6in6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 04:00:32 PM »
I purchased one.

Now that's some funny stuff right there!!   :chuckle:

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 04:23:21 PM »
Anyone can apply for antlerless only permits even if you have harvested a bull.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2013, 04:25:10 PM »
I purchased one.

Now that's some funny stuff right there!!   :chuckle:

:chuckle:  Good stuff right there  :chuckle:
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 04:26:33 PM »
Anyone can apply for antlerless only permits even if you have harvested a bull.
Source?

Offline KopperBuck

• Sourdough

Offline Feanix

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Hunter
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 04:37:16 PM »
http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/development.html#12-19-007

CR-102
To me, it's still a little ambiguous, because in the proposal section, the punctuation makes it read as if the exemption is only for master hunter, raffle and auction antlerless permits, but in the WAC there is a comma instead of a colon and it reads as Bob33 stated.

They should have just put "those who have harvested a moose under an 'Any Moose' tag are not eligible to apply in that category again during their lifetime."

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 05:23:10 PM »
http://wdfw.wa.gov/help/questions/322/Who+is+ineligible+to+purchase+a+special+hunt+permit+application+for+mountain+goat%2C+bighorn+sheep%2C+or+moose%3F

Last Updated
18th of September, 2012

If that is what is available at the time they put our the 2013 regulations, then they should go by those.  Often many State and local government agencies dont update there specifications, rules, etc on a yearly basis.  I think you are good to go! :tup:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 05:48:39 PM »
I purchased one.
I probably will to lol. I sent an email to the game department regarding this topic so hopefully they will get back to me with an answer. I'm not banking on it though. I would like to get drawn for a cow permit moose are really fun to hunt and she would look nice on the wall next to my bull. Plus they are dam good eating!
not sure what all the discussion is about. :dunno: If you have drawn a bull tag you can still apply and draw a cow tag.

It has changed this year. It was in the proposals that were out before the reg's were finalized and it pretty clearly states that you can only kill 1 moose in your lifetime unless you've harvested an antlerless moose. See my post above.

So you are reading it as: If you have never harvested a moose and you drew a cow tag this year and filled your cow tag, then you can never harvest a bull? Is this the question you are asking?

I am reading it as saying....if you have killed a cow moose, you can keep applying. If you have killed a bull, you're all done. One and done.
Essentially true. However, if you killed a bull moose with an auction or raffle permit, you may kill another.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=232-28-273
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
Antlerless moose tags?
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 06:36:40 PM »
I purchased one.
I probably will to lol. I sent an email to the game department regarding this topic so hopefully they will get back to me with an answer. I'm not banking on it though. I would like to get drawn for a cow permit moose are really fun to hunt and she would look nice on the wall next to my bull. Plus they are dam good eating!
not sure what all the discussion is about. :dunno: If you have drawn a bull tag you can still apply and draw a cow tag.

It has changed this year. It was in the proposals that were out before the reg's were finalized and it pretty clearly states that you can only kill 1 moose in your lifetime unless you've harvested an antlerless moose. See my post above.

So you are reading it as: If you have never harvested a moose and you drew a cow tag this year and filled your cow tag, then you can never harvest a bull? Is this the question you are asking?

I am reading it as saying....if you have killed a cow moose, you can keep applying. If you have killed a bull, you're all done. One and done.
Essentially true. However, if you killed a bull moose with an auction or raffle permit, you may kill another.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=232-28-273
I'm confused. What about your other post in this thread?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal