collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: unclassified wildlife  (Read 18810 times)

Offline emac

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: unclassified wildlife
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 11:03:19 PM »
thank you all, the reason I asked is cause wdfw said that is all I can hunt for now using my air rifle cause it is currently illegal to hunt any game animal using an air rifle but they said that will change soon.  So I can shoot "unclassified wildlife" as long as I have a valid washington hunting license.
What kinda air rifle you shooting. I am looking at getting on for rock chucks. Looking for something that can kill them at 50-75 yards

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 11:13:53 PM »
I believe the term is loosely used to describe animals that don't belong or aren't listed on any other list.
I.E. Big game, small game, protected...   and so on.
A great example is the Opossum, moles, rats, Nutria, Eastern Grey Squirrels and so on.
Yes even Big Foot.

If you see ANY eurasian collared Doves, destroy them....
We owe it to ourselves to irraticate these birds. Before they irraticate our Band Tailed Pigeons.

Is there an issue of the collared doves out competing the band tailed pigeons? I guess I mostly correlate the doves with the Eastside as that is where I encounter them. Considering how prolific they seem to be on the Eastside I can imagine that they would compete with the pigeons in the same habitat. It would certainly be a shame if that is the case.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline The Gobble-stopper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »
thank you all, the reason I asked is cause wdfw said that is all I can hunt for now using my air rifle cause it is currently illegal to hunt any game animal using an air rifle but they said that will change soon.  So I can shoot "unclassified wildlife" as long as I have a valid washington hunting license.
There might be some unclassified wildlife loose in WA. that you might think twice before you go hunting them with your air rifle... I think I heard a wild elephant on the loose the other day. :chuckle:

Offline Tracker0721

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »
I shoot a hatsan 95 vortex in .22, I honestly feel it can kill anything a regular .22 can. They sell I'm in .25 caliber and use them on coyotes and hogs. Know a guy in Texas that killed a deer with his benjamin .22 trying to just scare it off. Definitely not toys anymore and I'm glad they've earned the title adult air rifles. Hatsan has to be the best though due to cost, quality, and honesty. My gun is marketed at 800fps, I get 750 with heavy pellets. Crosman puts there's like 200-300fps too high! But I consider ground squirrels, starlings, crows at the chicken coop or garden, and marmots as well as pack rats fair game anytime. I'm sighted in at 20yds and have all pellets touching but using mildots I can hit 50 easy and I've made 2 kills out that far.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline Fishin-goat

• Pilgrim
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 07:05:44 AM »
The way I read the unclassified wildlife description and table 1 it says golden mantle ground squirrels and Washington ground squirrels are protected, are these in specific regions and what areas can you shoot ground squirrels or can you at all?

Offline Tracker0721

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 04:32:41 PM »
Pretty sure we have a few different varieties. I asked the warden a few years ago about the Colombian ground squirrel we have up here and he said it was considered an unprotected species and was free game. The wardens have switched around a couple times since then so I need to find who the new one is and ask him.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 04:43:24 PM »
I believe the term is loosely used to describe animals that don't belong or aren't listed on any other list.
I.E. Big game, small game, protected...   and so on.
A great example is the Opossum, moles, rats, Nutria, Eastern Grey Squirrels and so on.
Yes even Big Foot.

If you see ANY eurasian collared Doves, destroy them....
We owe it to ourselves to irraticate these birds. Before they irraticate our Band Tailed Pigeons.

I think I have them all over by my house, they almost sound like owls?

Offline bowhunterwa87

• Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 05:13:31 PM »
This work? I use a sam yang 45 air rifle for coyotes. Wicked powerful

Offline ejwright

• Tracker
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 07:24:23 PM »
Porcupine would be fun! I hear they taste really good too! I have only seen one ever in Washington, funny thing is it was walking through the suburbs on the issaquah plateau. Also skunk would be most excellent looking on the wall, anyone ever seen skunk or porcupine? I'm gonna go for the "unclassified washington slam", I already got my coyote and a ground squirrel!

Offline ztirffritz

• Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/fhieber
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 02:32:41 PM »
I'll be going out with a Benjamin Bulldog soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

Offline ztirffritz

• Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/fhieber
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 02:51:17 PM »
Porcupine would be fun! I hear they taste really good too! I have only seen one ever in Washington, funny thing is it was walking through the suburbs on the issaquah plateau. Also skunk would be most excellent looking on the wall, anyone ever seen skunk or porcupine? I'm gonna go for the "unclassified washington slam", I already got my coyote and a ground squirrel!

I almost hit a Porcupine with my car going over Chinook Pass...first time I'd seen one in the wild.  They're WAY bigger than I thought.  In my mind they were small.  This thing looked like it was maybe 30-40 lbs. 
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

Offline ejwright

• Tracker
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 12:33:40 AM »
The porcupine I saw was smaller but it was also in a neighborhood in issaquah which is pretty populated.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal