collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: A Pack Forest experience - Video  (Read 7839 times)

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: A packwood forest experience - Video
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 08:58:55 PM »
I grew up in Eatonville.  When I was a kid we rode our bikes to those falls when it was all owned by the Don Murphy.  He had a "Rock Festival" back in the 70's.  As young boys we hiked into those falls from the Beaver slide trail and watched the naked female hippies swimming at the falls. A few dudes died there as well jumping off the falls and not quiet making it. Those ponds use to hold trout not sure if they still do.  Back in the late 70's we rode our dirt bikes all over that place.  Back then you could ride your motorcycles all through there to La Grande up to Alder get gas and come back through a different path. 

That movie brings back great memories...  I posted that link on my FB page which instantly created a fire storm.

Thanks...
275 down 2

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 11:41:48 PM »
I grew up in Eatonville.  When I was a kid we rode our bikes to those falls when it was all owned by the Don Murphy.  He had a "Rock Festival" back in the 70's.  As young boys we hiked into those falls from the Beaver slide trail and watched the naked female hippies swimming at the falls. A few dudes died there as well jumping off the falls and not quiet making it. Those ponds use to hold trout not sure if they still do.  Back in the late 70's we rode our dirt bikes all over that place.  Back then you could ride your motorcycles all through there to La Grande up to Alder get gas and come back through a different path. 

That movie brings back great memories...  I posted that link on my FB page which instantly created a fire storm.

Thanks...
Sounds like some great memories. Glad I could help you reminisce! Hope everyone liked it. :tup:
There will be more to come down the road.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
Re: A Pack Forest experience - Video
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 06:34:04 AM »
You ever been to box-car canyon?  It is just north of where you were.  We would swim there in the summer.  Very high cliff jumps.  The highest was 70 feet and I never had the guts to jump from there.  Lots of folks got hurt there.  Most were from Tacoma who mixed alcohol with cliff jumping.  One dude ended up face first into a rock.  He did not die but ended up in a wheel chair for the rest of his life.   Sad story but made us locals keep our common sense in high alert.

275 down 2

Offline blindpig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 09:32:39 AM »
enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing.

Offline throttlejocky20

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »

Thanks...

We used to fish those ponds as a kid, then when we became teenagers we would climb the cliffs and do a little jumping for a rush. The wifes family used to own that property i have heard some good stories that make me wish i was born a little earlier.
we have caught fish in the creek below the falls as well. nothing big but fun for sure.
Remember that buck is climbing that Mt. every day!

Offline Sportfury

• Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »
Nice video. I like the music. Would you mind naming the songs? I like hiking and biking in the Pac Forest.

To go along with the stories when my grandpa was a teenager (mid 1930's) him and his brother were sent out to find a neighbor who had gone fishing in the area and hadn't come back. They found him at the bottom of the falls dead (not sure if they are those falls or not, but I am assuming they are). His fishing pole was laying there with him and when they picked it up there was a big trout on the end of the line. Every time he told me that story he always ended it with that is the way he would like to go.

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 04:08:31 PM »
Songs are as listed in order.
3 Doors down - Running out of days.
3 Doors down - Runaway.
3 Doors down - Live for today.

:tup:

Sad story, But like you said - If your gonna go, that's one way I wouldn't mind going. We really enjoy it out there. Just haven't visited since late winter/early spring. We don't like to hike in the heat.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal