collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: On behalf of my husband  (Read 28062 times)

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
Re: On behalf of my husband
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 06:24:12 AM »
It's really our honor to have been able to know Cloc , even in only in his words . He has brought out a lot of good in people and gave myself and I'm sure many others on here a freash look and life and what being an American is all about . My deepist condolences to you and your Familly , Sincerelly Coach/Corey .
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline kenzmad

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 06:34:12 AM »
Colockumelkwife,

We here at huntwa would like to thank YOU for letting us help. We are honored to do so. Please chime in here now and then and let us know how you and the kids are doing. I have been on this site for quite awhile and i was not logging in here very often as i didn't like the direction the site was headed. The passing of your husband has completely changed the attitude of the members on here. Aaron was a good man no doubt, i feel a sense of loss and grief which is kind of weird as i never got to meet him. He is continuing to do good by keeping the members here in line.(ask a mod, this aint an easy task). Ma'am,  i would like to thank you for allowing us here so much time with him, it was fun and humbling. I wish you the best and please don't hesitate to ask for help. We are here for you.

Oh ya, welcome to the forum
A stranger ain't nothing more than a friend you haven't met yet

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 06:37:14 AM »
I was fortunate enough to meet Aaron a few times and spent many an evening pinging messages back and forth on a variety of topics.  He was a good man and terribly missed.  Thank you for sharing him with us Becky and as said before all you need do is ask and I and many others will be there to help you and your children in any way we can.  When Hunter is older I know he won't have any trouble finding mentoring in the woods with his Uncles or his "Hunt-WA Unks." 

I wish I could do more but please update us on your lives from time to time. 

All the best
Chris

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
  • Chief Executive Head Anarchist of YKWTSASFFRO
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 06:42:27 AM »
No need for thanks.....thats what family does for each other....although most of us have never met this is like a family on here....were greatful for what your husband did for us....he gave the ultimate sacrafice for everyone in this country...its the least we could do to show our thanks
Official hunt-wa bigfoot field researcher!

Offline SniperDanWA

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, WFW
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 06:57:57 AM »
Through the midst of your pain, you have shown us yet another side of Aaron that many of us never knew.  While he had a few posts about the family, Aaron was a down and dirty "facts" kinda person.  He and I exchanged a few rounds of PMs during the last election.  To me, I miss the sparring.  We had similar beliefs, but different ones too.  Knowing that you had the courage to come on here today speaks volumes for why he was so beloved by him.  Your Favorite was that to many on here as you have seen.  I'm truly apologetic that we as a country sent your husband off to the threat of life; however, I know he was happy doing his job and for that I can say thank you.

Becky, strange to call you by name so colockumelkwife, I don't have much to offer but I'm on here for assistance like many others should you need me and by golly, you ma'am are one top notch lady.  Just holler and you've got help.

SniperDanWA
aka - Mark
"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as
impossible." - Vince Lombardi

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 07:00:24 AM »
As said, No thanks necessary from the family.  It is heartwarming to know that you and your little ones will be able to come on here in the future during the tough times and see how highly Aaron was regarded amongst his hunting brothers and sisters.

I always enjoyed his posts, but it was his signature line that always struck me as perfectly fitting his service duty and the benefits to our way of life that we all sometimes take for granted: 

"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."

Aaron stood ready, and I and those I love slept safe. 

KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 07:08:43 AM »
Becky,

You owe nothing to any of us, If anything we owe you!! Although I can just imagine how hard it has been, keep your head held high!

If you need anything, and I mean anything! Please just ask and I will be there!  Your husband gave all, now it is our turn to give you all we can!

Rtspring
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline runamuk

• Explorer
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 07:12:47 AM »
Becky thank you for sharing him with us.
All I can offer you is a hug, I cannot begin to imagine being in your shoes.  When you get back to Wa if you need anything just let us know.

Offline Shooter

• Hunter
  • NRA Lifetime Member, RMEF, MDF
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 07:13:37 AM »
It's good to hear your moving to Washington Becky, if you need anything at all please turn to us here, I'm certain we will be there faster than you can blink an eye.

This is the Hunter's badge of glory, That he protect and tend his quarry, Hunt with honour, as is due, And through the beast to God be true.

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 07:22:15 AM »
Not much more to be said than what's already been said here. May God bless you and your family. We're always here, just stop in and say hello now and then.  Aaron was a good man.

Ditto

Offline haugenna

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 07:23:59 AM »
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  Thank you for sharing colock with us. 

Offline Smokepole

• Kevin Miller
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 07:31:54 AM »
Well Ma'am you are surely worthy of all the generosity you receive.  And your writing is eloquent and sincere.  Plus, you seem to know how to spell.  Not many of us around here can say that.   :chuckle:

I never met Aaron, but I'm a dad.  I'm grateful for his service to this country, and to you for standing behind him while he served.  For raising his kids, too. 

Someone gave me the best bit of advice when we had young kids like yours.  A lady named Mary.  She had the most wonderful family, with kids and lots of grand kids.  She told me, "You have to keep them busy every minute.  Keep them so busy, they don't have time to think up any trouble."

We got our kids into the great outdoors every chance we could get.  We took them to bluegrass music campouts - and did everything as a family.  We have been so busy having fun.  We never had a lot of money, so we did cheap stuff, like hiking, hunting, fishing etc.  Things are turning out just like Mary said.  The best advice anyone ever gave us.

I pray that your children will grow up and make you proud.  I hope they will be your protection from sorrow.

It has been so uplifting to see so many folks offering to help you and the kids get through a tough time.  To see their kind words and generosity.  So good to know there is so much goodness all around, when all we hear about is the bad stuff.  I'm so proud of everyone here.

God bless you and the children.

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 07:34:43 AM »
Through weepy eyes I read your post.
We can all feel the heartfelt gratitude in your writing. No fear of not
being "eloquent" ..........your words were beautiful.
My heartfelt sorrow, and thanks, to your family!
God Bless

Offline fishinmike

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »
Thank You for being here, your husband has had a profound impact on a lot of people here. My thoughts are with you and all of your family.
Who took my last beer?

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 07:38:25 AM »
Through weepy eyes I read your post.
We can all feel the heartfelt gratitude in your writing. No fear of not
being "eloquent" ..........your words were beautiful.
My heartfelt sorrow, and thanks, to your family!
God Bless

:yeah: :'(   Not much else to say. God Bless you and your family.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]