collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multi Season Deer Permit  (Read 8464 times)

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: Multi Season Deer Permit
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »
Yes it is mostly private land. I just thought you might already be somewhat familiar with it and could find a place to hunt. If you want to hunt public land in north-central Washington you might check into Sinlahekin and Wannacut.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 04:10:25 PM »
Republic is in East Okanogan. (204)

Offline 20 Minutes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »
Republic is in East Okanogan. (204)

I got a nice buck in Republic a few years ago, but I was pretty much stuck hunting a small area. Got lucky on day 3, but have not hunted there since. Very private up there.

Have you hunted the areas you mentioned?

Offline paytonma

• Hunter
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 04:38:59 PM »
Yes it is mostly private land. I just thought you might already be somewhat familiar with it and could find a place to hunt. If you want to hunt public land in north-central Washington you might check into Sinlahekin and Wannacut.
yeah if you do hunt here put in some scouting huntings going down hill from what i can tell here

Offline 20 Minutes

• Tracker
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 04:42:03 PM »
yeah if you do hunt here put in some scouting huntings going down hill from what i can tell here

Are you referring to the wolves?

Offline paytonma

• Hunter
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »

Are you referring to the wolves?
no its just a jungle there during modern. my family has been hunting there for 30 years (im 15 and only been hunting for 3 years) and no ones tagged out in the past 5 years  :bash:

Offline paytonma

• Hunter
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 05:03:34 PM »
although it could be wolves. i honestly have no idea.  :dunno:

Offline 20 Minutes

• Tracker
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »

Are you referring to Prescott or the NE WA units Bobcat mentioned?

Southeastern Wa is no different. We use to have 8-10 deer out of 15 hunters hanging in our camp. The last 4 seasons we have had 1 or 2 at best. Too many hunters, not enough ground to hunt, windmills, and too many damn doe tags (1200 per year) destoryed it. It will be a draw only or pay to hunt area in the next 5-10 years. Too many pissed off land owners have closed up there land, or they have turned it over to hunt clubs and outfitters. Now I am strongly considering switching weapons. I am want to try and hunt archery fro elk. Most guys claim they wish they never hunted modern, once they learned how to shoot a bow; and their hunting success went up.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 05:36:32 PM »

I am want to try and hunt archery fro elk. Most guys claim they wish they never hunted modern, once they learned how to shoot a bow; and their hunting success went up.

for me, it is about the timing of when bow hunters can be out in the field and the completely different feel you have when you are hunting. You have to be way more in tune with your surroundings because you can't just shoot an animal at 250 yards like you can with a rifle. If you go archery you will never go back.
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline paytonma

• Hunter
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »

Southeastern Wa is no different. We use to have 8-10 deer out of 15 hunters hanging in our camp. The last 4 seasons we have had 1 or 2 at best. Too many hunters, not enough ground to hunt, windmills, and too many damn doe tags (1200 per year) destoryed it. It will be a draw only or pay to hunt area in the next 5-10 years. Too many pissed off land owners have closed up there land, or they have turned it over to hunt clubs and outfitters. Now I am strongly considering switching weapons. I am want to try and hunt archery fro elk. Most guys claim they wish they never hunted modern, once they learned how to shoot a bow; and their hunting success went up.
yes my family owns property by loomis and weve hunted both the sinlahekin and wannacut unit and have had no success. ive only seen one shooter buck during the season in the 3 years ive gone. this year i put in for a wannacut doe tag that im guranteed to draw so most likely will get my first deer  :IBCOOL: . there are plenty of farms around that may give you permission, weve never asked because my family grew up on muleys and refuses to shoot any whitetail (not sure whats with that but oh well). but all in all there are deer there just difficult to find but the beauty of the country is enough to get me hooked.

Offline 20 Minutes

• Tracker
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 05:50:09 PM »

I am want to try and hunt archery fro elk. Most guys claim they wish they never hunted modern, once they learned how to shoot a bow; and their hunting success went up.

for me, it is about the timing of when bow hunters can be out in the field and the completely different feel you have when you are hunting. You have to be way more in tune with your surroundings because you can't just shoot an animal at 250 yards like you can with a rifle. If you go archery you will never go back.

Did your success in seeing animals and harvesting animals go up after you made the switch?

Offline paytonma

• Hunter
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 05:55:57 PM »
oh miss read that the north central units not prescott

Offline 20 Minutes

• Tracker
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »

yes my family owns property by loomis and weve hunted both the sinlahekin and wannacut unit and have had no success. ive only seen one shooter buck during the season in the 3 years ive gone. this year i put in for a wannacut doe tag that im guranteed to draw so most likely will get my first deer  :IBCOOL: . there are plenty of farms around that may give you permission, weve never asked because my family grew up on muleys and refuses to shoot any whitetail (not sure whats with that but oh well). but all in all there are deer there just difficult to find but the beauty of the country is enough to get me hooked.

Hopefully you can harvest a nice deer this season. Hang in there...you will get one. When I was your age, it took me 4 hunting seasons before I got my first deer; which was a doe. Once I got a few does and graduated and starting shooting bucks. Good luck!

Offline paytonma

• Hunter
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 06:10:43 PM »

Hopefully you can harvest a nice deer this season. Hang in there...you will get one. When I was your age, it took me 4 hunting seasons before I got my first deer; which was a doe. Once I got a few does and graduated and starting shooting bucks. Good luck!
thank you very much! its not seeing does thats hard or getting a shot on them because ive been seeing around 20 a day but its the bucks that are hard to find. but we'll see what the doe tag changes  :chuckle:

Offline 20 Minutes

• Tracker
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 09:48:33 PM »

thank you very much! its not seeing does thats hard or getting a shot on them because ive been seeing around 20 a day but its the bucks that are hard to find. but we'll see what the doe tag changes  :chuckle:

If you don't fill your doe tag this year. PM me and I can put you on some private ground for the 2014 season. It should be pretty easy for you to draw a tag with no points; where I hunt. I would love to help a youth out and see him get his first deer. Stay in touch.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]