collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Raider Boats?????  (Read 20667 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: Raider Boats?????
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 09:10:54 PM »
Both Raider and Hewescraft are made right here in Colville. Their facilities are only about 10 minutes apart. I know people who prefer one or the other, it depends on what you like most. I think KFhunter had good advice, come and visit both manufacturers and learn more about their boats first hand. Stop by and say hi if your in the hood.  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 06:46:40 AM »
I have had a 22 ft Hewes hardtop, a 20ft NWjet and now an 18ft Duckworth
The duckworth is a damm fine boat also
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline Back At It

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 05:09:22 PM »
My dad had a Raider. Nice, really nice boat. Lots of room for multiple fishers.  He found that they are cheaper for a reason... He now has a Hewescraft.  All the options that he wanted to add to the Raider came with the Hewes for about the same amount of $.  He also complained about the bow angle, said that it got to much wash in rougher waters. He lost some room for fishing, but gained a lot more in the trade.

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »
Hmmm... very first post is a negative review on the Raider...
Maybe tell us a little about yourself in the "Introductions" thread to give this a little credibility?
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline THunt

• Thunt
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Raider Boats?????
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 07:35:44 PM »
Yes I do need to check out the facility's. Next time I'm over there I will swing in Bearpaw.

Offline Back At It

• Pilgrim
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 10:09:46 PM »

Hmmm... very first post is a negative review on the Raider...
Maybe tell us a little about yourself in the "Introductions" thread to give this a little credibility?

Negative... Not really, The Raider was a really nice boat. Had I had the $ I would have snagged it from him when he upgraded. as far as credibility, and the first post... I'm a long time reader, first time poster, not really one for sharing knowledge that that can't be backed up by first hand experience or first hand accounts.  My brother has a hewes, dad (now) has a hewes, and me, well I have a dad and a brother that tolerate my company, and I find a lot of value learning from their trials and errors  :chuckle:

Offline The Real Sisu

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 10:24:08 AM »
We own the 2284 Raider Cutty with the extended transom. The boat is everything we wanted for a SE Alaskan fishing, hunting, exploring boat. The ride is great, rough water does not phase it but does phase us. The only negative I've experienced was the dealer in Spokane that set up the engines. If you find my thread in the review of auto etc area you'll see the horrible job that the boat shop did. Cost us $$$ to get it corrected. Mike Melby tried to reason with the dealership for some help in the expense but so far the boat shop hasn't come through.
We have a 225 Honda and a 9.9.
We toured the shop before buying and were satisfied with what we saw. I also had lots of input from several guides in Valdez that own the larger cutties who are very pleased with the quality and workman ship.
Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon.

Offline MooseZ25

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »
I owned this Raider for several years. I fished it from Vernita to Kootenay Lake BC and it fished all the waters great.  I replaced it with a Hewes Craft 220 Ocean Pro hard top.  I would recommend both manufactures.  There are personal options that differ in every boat.  Keep doing your research and find what you are after.  My decision came down to finding the right used boat.  I wasn't concerned if it was a Raider or Hewes.   :twocents:
Live Every Day To The Fullest

Offline throttlejocky20

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 01:37:34 PM »
I have done a lot of research for the exact boat you looking for Aluminum 20 footer. Started looking at the Raiders, Thunderjets the less expensive vessels and after a few years of looking my purchase will be a 20 foot Duckworth with an offshore bracket. If your looking at buying new buy the boat that will work for everything you might want to do so there is no need to upgrade. They are more money but the craftsmanship as well as the way they are outfitted are so much better. Your already looking at dumping some coin. Whats a little more to ensure your happy!!
Remember that buck is climbing that Mt. every day!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 01:49:41 PM »
Duckworth is pretty proud of their name and 7 step buffering process, but they do make a nice boat.

law of diminishing returns applies to duckworth, but if you have deep enough pockets then duckworth would serve you fine  :tup:

For the OP I would look hard at Hewes, they're about to spend a gob of money increasing their factory size too.

Offline The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 04:53:44 PM »
if you don't look at any other boats and get the raider you will be happy with it.but you get what you pay for, I have owned a hewes now I own a north river wich is hands down a nicer boat. my good buddy owns the 2272 sea raider we have been out tuna fishing a lot halibut out of neah bay a lot and its worked, but very tippy very light duty with the cheapest everything on the inside. to small of trim tabs to even trim the boat out and on and on. but I have been on lots of different boats so it's easy to pick apart when I've seen the best. you will be happy with it if you don't have much to compare to

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]