collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Best way to sale guns???  (Read 6000 times)

Offline tntklundt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Best way to sale guns???
« on: August 13, 2007, 08:32:25 PM »
My Father In law pasted away this year and he had a number of guns that my Mother in law wants me to sell for her. I want to get the most for her that I can short of getting a booth at a gun show in Portland. What is the best way to sell them? classified, craigs list etc... Thanks in advance
Guns are older shotguns and rifles
examples
Winchester Model 94 rifle
Remington 3622
Mauser Argentina 1891 carbine made in Berlin
Winchester Model 1897 16 gauge
Remington 10A pump shotgun

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
Re: Best way to sale guns???
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 08:40:25 PM »
Make prior arrangements (so they know you will be bringing guns in...) at 2 reputable gun dealer/brokers, and get the collection assessed for value. The dealers may offer to sell them for you, or buy them outright. Work slowly. No first offer...  Verify price offers over the internet by checking against various used gun sales sites. Remember take your time, no hurry...

Beware of selling to individuals who are not authorized to own guns (felons, illegals, too young...)
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 08:51:28 PM »
Post them on here in the classified section, with pictures and prices. I may be interested in the Model 94.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:36:39 PM »
 Get a blue book, figure out what they are worth and sell them on the net. Taking them to a dealer will move them fast but it won't get the highest money. Craigs list won't let you list guns either. Getting a table at a show isn't a bad idea. I was a dealer for a few years and the shows were good for me. Do you have any others than what you have listed?

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington

Offline tntklundt

• Tracker
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 08:20:21 PM »
Thanks for all the advise. I am going to take the guns to a consignment gun shop and get a first hand expert opinion on the value of the guns. I have an idea now from looking at sites like gunbroker.com If I dont get a good price for them at the estate sale this weekend I might go the gun shop route. I am leary of selling them to the wrong type of people. The gun shop I was looking at has been around a long time and take 20% which doesnt seem that bad considering the exposure the guns would get at that shop.

Offline littletoes

• Longhunter
  • old fart
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 08:53:51 PM »
For one, you can't sell guns over the net without first shipping to a licensed FFL Dealer (Federal Firearms License).

An obvious one is to try listing them on web-sites like these. They don't cost anything, and most will be honest what they are worth, and if not there are several that will give you a good idea.

For example, that '94 Winchester was selling for around $300.00 new.
Take pictures, and post.

I imagine that there are some gunsmiths around your area that will also give you good advice on what they are worth.

For one, if your FIL Loved his guns, and took very good care of them, don't let his Misses "Give them away" to strangers....help to get a good price. I was just talking today with a friend about when us "Men" die, our wives/children practicaly give/throw our stuff away...sad, sad, sad.

One Good Reason to Give them away before you DIE!

An old guy told me onece,  "If your gonna give a gun away, DO IT NOW, what the hell are you waiting for?" Good advice if you ask me....
"The People of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal