collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 247 Unit Entiat Bucks, post em up  (Read 72280 times)

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: 247 Unit Entiat Bucks, post em up
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »
Heres what you do you go to the top of the page and type in Entiat in the search box. Then start browsing thru. Aloth of the bucks have been posted in the past and people get tired of reposting them.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »
Heres what you do you go to the top of the page and type in Entiat in the search box. Then start browsing thru. Aloth of the bucks have been posted in the past and people get tired of reposting them.
Well maybe theres new people with new eniat bucks :dunno:
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

Offline WSU

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 11:58:35 AM »
Well maybe theres new people with new eniat bucks :dunno:

Or maybe the guy is understandably pumped about drawing an awesome tag and wants to talk about it.  I know I would!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 12:03:11 PM »
I am not saying he can't ask I am saying that alot of times people won't repost it if it has already been posted and thus he won't miss a chance at seeing one that was taken. hello
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline WSU

• Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 12:07:25 PM »
I definitely understand what you are saying.  I started a thread about the tag I drew, and also did a search and looked at all the old posts.

Offline MuleySniper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
247 Unit Entiat Bucks, post em up
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »

I killed this one in 2010. Fun hunt, no weather though. I was wearing a long sleeve t shirt most the time.
"Gun control is for wimps and commies. Listen, let's get one thing straight. Guns don't kill people. I do. "
Earl Ramsey

Offline sfrenger

• Hunter
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »

Do you think I didn't already try that Sky? The problem is that I don't want the bucks that have been killed during the general season or the bow season or the muzzleloader season. I only want special permit rifle deer. I guess I better go read my original post again and edit it as needed.

Offline sfrenger

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »
Nope, nothing to edit. Pretty much says it all in that first post.

Offline sfrenger

• Hunter
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 12:37:12 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I know i'm a newbie and "YES" i'm very excited. Those are some nice bucks that have been taken though.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »
Come on people, there have to be pictures of some bucks taken from the entiat rifle hunt. Anyone?????????????
It is a pretty small pool with your specifics, you are talking about only a few permit holders, not all of them are successful, even less that are successful shoot something over 150 and even fewer post pics of success.  I recall two photos from last year that meet your request criteria.

I shot a 160" a while back when it was an over the counter archery tag close to your timeframe but it was general archery, not permit rifle so it doesn't meet your request.

I am guessing you won't see any new photos.  If they wanted to show what they had they would have posted it previously.  Just doesn't make sense to me that someone would read this post and think "hey I should post that picture of the deer that I shot four years ago for the first time on this new thread."

You should be excited it is a great tag and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.  I would look at all of the pictures of the deer shot with all weapons and all units around the entiat as motivation and a barometer of what to expect on your hunt.

And remember you can't shoot the big ones if you are skinning a little one, you have to be the judge of what is "big" to you and what has the "wow" factor.

Good luck and I hope to see some photos of success at the end of November. :tup:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline butch

• Pilgrim
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »
i hunted 6 days.didnt go up there until nov. 8 and shot him on the morning of the 14.had fresh snow about every day saw tons of deer.he scores right at 170.i was holding out for something in the 180 range but this one was the best one we saw in 6 days.the wife and i set up our wall tent up mud creek.it was a fun hunt to go on with the wife.and he looks good on the wall real happy with him. hope you have as good as time as we did.

Offline sfrenger

• Hunter
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2013, 02:00:23 PM »
i hunted 6 days.didnt go up there until nov. 8 and shot him on the morning of the 14.had fresh snow about every day saw tons of deer.he scores right at 170.i was holding out for something in the 180 range but this one was the best one we saw in 6 days.the wife and i set up our wall tent up mud creek.it was a fun hunt to go on with the wife.and he looks good on the wall real happy with him. hope you have as good as time as we did.

Cool beans. That is a beautiful buck. I would be proud to have him on the wall, but I will most likely hold out until the very end. Thanks for sharing.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 04:05:46 PM »
Here is a nice one.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Shot_Gunn

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, DU
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 04:15:24 PM »
Nice lookin buck there Butchy. Too bad you can't draw another sweet tag with all the points you have. Haha

Offline sfrenger

• Hunter
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 04:17:41 PM »
Well, I took someone's advice and searched the word "Entiat". Just spent about 2 or 3 hours looking through posts. I saw a ton of really nice bucks taken from that unit. All I can say is I hope it snows.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal