collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scirocco II Bullets, are they any good?  (Read 19534 times)

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Scirocco II Bullets, are they any good?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 06:37:54 PM »
I have run them threw several guns. I got them to shoot pretty well but not as well as my accubonds. I will be trying some 90gers side by side with the 90g accubonds in the the new 243 wssm.

1800 FPS is kinda standard for minimum bullet performance with a lot of bullets.

I have never had much luck with berger and seen some poor results on animals.

That is one of the reasons why I am excited to try the accubond long range with a minimum speed of only 1300fps. That will make for some great long range killing power.
So your telling me that Berger does not perform like on T.V and that they are sheet ...hahahahahaha I will not buy any now .. just like I preach everyday ...I will stick with my Hornadays and they like kissing each other at 100 yrds .. :dunno: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 06:50:46 PM »
All I shoot in my .300 ultra....  180 grain, great accuracy, knocks down game...
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 06:53:35 PM »
All I shoot in my .300 ultra....  180 grain, great accuracy, knocks down game...
180 gr what ?  I finally goy me some 180 gr Hornaday Interlocks for my 300 WSM just have not had time to load me some up !

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »
180 gr what ?  I finally goy me some 180 gr Hornaday Interlocks for my 300 WSM just have not had time to load me some up !

180 grain scirrocco.... 

All factory loads to date. Finally have a couple hundred brass laying around to try to reload this caliber...
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »
So your telling me that Berger does not perform like on T.V and that they are sheet ...hahahahahaha I will not buy any now .. just like I preach everyday ...I will stick with my Hornadays and they like kissing each other at 100 yrds .. :dunno: :chuckle: :chuckle:

:chuckle: I know guys that swear by them. They just are not for me.  I run so many different bullets it really comes down to what the rifle likes and how they do on animals. We both know everything on we see on tv is how it goes down 100% of the time :chuckle:
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »

180 grain scirrocco.... 

All factory loads to date. Finally have a couple hundred brass laying around to try to reload this caliber...
Nice ..a lot of times those heavier bullets will shoot well no matter what caliper ..they look well built and I may try loading some someday  :tup:

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 07:01:35 PM »
Exactly ... It took us years of loading with Hornaday to get them to shoot well ...I am sure if we played with the Scirocco's I could get them dialed in to ...but since it is so hard to get the supplies and the cost is out the roof ...I can not see wasting my time trying  :dunno: :chuckle:

Offline Biggerhammer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »
I know a guy who has shot 100's of elk, literly per year. Damage control for the Government. Out of all the bullets he has used. His favorite combo for flat out Elk slaying is the .300 Win Mag with a 180gr Swift scirocco II. He has a coffee can piled with recovered bullets of all types and he said the Scirocco II, expand the best at point blank to extended ranges.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 06:03:39 AM »
I know a guy who has shot 100's of elk, literly per year. Damage control for the Government. Out of all the bullets he has used. His favorite combo for flat out Elk slaying is the .300 Win Mag with a 180gr Swift scirocco II. He has a coffee can piled with recovered bullets of all types and he said the Scirocco II, expand the best at point blank to extended ranges.

Thanks, exactly the sort of comment I was hoping to hear, I may try some. Did that guy ever tell you what kind of weight retention he felt the scirocco II had?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline mountainman

• Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 06:33:47 PM »
That's a lot of elk!?
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »
That's a lot of elk!?

It sure isn't a few.👍

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013, 07:49:19 PM »
I have run them threw several guns. I got them to shoot pretty well but not as well as my accubonds. I will be trying some 90gers side by side with the 90g accubonds in the the new 243 wssm.

1800 FPS is kinda standard for minimum bullet performance with a lot of bullets.

I have never had much luck with berger and seen some poor results on animals.

That is one of the reasons why I am excited to try the accubond long range with a minimum speed of only 1300fps. That will make for some great long range killing power.

Carp,
Are those accubond long range actually advertised to perform at 1300 fps?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline str8meat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scout
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 05:18:56 AM »
i love em in my 338 win mag. wife killed a bear with them at 350 yards last year and bullets passed right through.
watch yer top knot

Offline THunt

• Thunt
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Scirocco II Bullets, are they any good?
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 05:51:00 AM »
I have shot 21 animals using the 150 gr out of my 7mm.  This includes bear, deer and elk.  From ranges of 50-400 yards.  The farthest an animal has gone is 75 yards.  I love those bullets as long as you do your part on shot placement it's game over!  I'm sure other bullets will do the same, but I'm impressed!

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys, any other comments out there?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]