collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunting over gut piles  (Read 22908 times)

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Hunting over gut piles
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 09:22:10 AM »
:yeah:  I wish people would quit bringing attention to regs that just dont need the attention.

I would much rather bring attention to it before the fact. Even if you're eventually found innocent of baiting, you must still hire representation for proceedings against you. That would easily equal the amount of fines for baiting. I intend to ask the enforcement officer for the area in which I hunt. Goode discussion and I'll reply back with his answer.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline stevemiller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 09:56:44 AM »
The way I see this and others that keep coming up is that people that dont like the baiting of bears(we lost that one)see this thread,Wonder wow we should see about clearing that up for everyone.Seems everyone thinks its legal to hunt bears over gut piles(because it is)we dont like that any more than donuts.(they probably are not hunters and didnt think of this (gut piles) when they had this law written up.  :bash:  SO WHY ARE WE GIVING THEM THESE IDEAS EVERY DAY ON HUNTING WASHINGTON?  :twocents:
You must first be honest with yourself,Until then your just lying to everyone.

"The only one arguing is the one that is wrong"

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 10:01:19 AM »
The regs are written in such a way to cover what they were really after while at the same time protecting some of how it really is done without showing the non hunting community other ways around it.That goes for almost all laws by the way.Every law known has a defense and this is how it is done,Without it we dont have the rights given to us.  :twocents: The wording in I-594 shows us that one pretty clear,Thats exactly why they had it written that way,To cover as many bases as they could at the same time.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 10:45:58 AM »
The regs are written in such a way to cover what they were really after while at the same time protecting some of how it really is done without showing the non hunting community other ways around it.That goes for almost all laws by the way.Every law known has a defense and this is how it is done,Without it we dont have the rights given to us.  :twocents: The wording in I-594 shows us that one pretty clear,Thats exactly why they had it written that way,To cover as many bases as they could at the same time.

Like I said, if the regs cover you and you're still charged, it's going to cost you a lot of money to clear your name. It's a lot easier and less costly to talk with your local gamie first and find out his slant. As far as discussing it on HuntWA - that's what this forum is for.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 10:49:27 AM »
  :tinfoil:   If a frog.....

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 10:51:06 AM »
Has anyone on this forum ever been charged by a WA. State LEO for baiting over a gut pile?Please come forward,LOL.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2015, 11:32:24 AM »
This is something that doesn't need clarification. The law is clear and I think it's apparent to almost everyone who reads the law that a gut pile is not considered bait when hunting bears. I wouldn't bother wasting a game wardens time asking about it.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2015, 11:35:02 AM »
This is something that doesn't need clarification. The law is clear and I think it's apparent to almost everyone who reads the law that a gut pile is not considered bait when hunting bears. I wouldn't bother wasting a game wardens time asking about it.

Well, maybe you wouldn't. It's what they're paid to do - interpret the law and apply it. Personally, this is the first time it's occurred to me to hunt over one of my gut piles. I'm absolutely going to check it out.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »

Agreed.  But that won't necessarily stop someone from being wrongly charged, even if Pman's precautions are taken.  Still, it is a worthy discussion to have here.

Offline blindluck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 11:51:03 AM »
What if that gut pile was nudged a few feet into that nice little opening where your tree stand is in a nice straight line For a clear ethical shot.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »
Then your ethical shot just turned into baiting.

Now, If you moved your deer prior to gutting, did the knife work, and just left it be............

I have and will hunt over gut piles. I'd like to pop a yote or two, and yes, I would shoot a bear over a gut pile.

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 12:28:36 PM »
pman are you or were you a HE instructor?T was under the impression that you were.  :dunno:

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 12:34:04 PM »
pman are you or were you a HE instructor?T was under the impression that you were.  :dunno:

Yes I am.

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2015, 12:41:43 PM »
Thats what I thought,Not trying to pick or anything sir but To bad you dont already know the answer to this,You know since your educating people on it and all.I would think that since you are a HE instructor by the time I got done typing this right now you would have already called some LEO friend of yours and got the answer,Thanks.I should be able to read that answer you got in oh maybe 10 min. at least.  :dunno:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2015, 12:44:55 PM »
Thats what I thought,Not trying to pick or anything sir but To bad you dont already know the answer to this,You know since your educating people on it and all.I would think that since you are a HE instructor by the time I got done typing this right now you would have already called some LEO friend of yours and got the answer,Thanks.I should be able to read that answer you got in oh maybe 10 min. at least.  :dunno:

Why do you insist on calling everybody out on everything all the time?

He's a volunteer hunter's ed instructor. Not a law enforcement officer and not the guy who wrote the laws.
Why don't you know the answer? You're a hunter. You should know the law too.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal