collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wild Boar??????  (Read 27451 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Wild Boar??????
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 02:03:29 PM »
no good  :(

We don't want wild boar or feral pigs in WA. They kill and eat fawns and I would suspect, elk calves, too. They do tons of crop damage. $50M in TX alone last year. Go there if you want to hunt them. Plenty of opportunity.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Tiger1358

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 05:40:07 PM »

We don't want wild boar or feral pigs in WA. They kill and eat fawns and I would suspect, elk calves, too. They do tons of crop damage. $50M in TX alone last year. Go there if you want to hunt them. Plenty of opportunity.

I'm not a resident of Texas which means I have to pay 10 times more money than TX residents do....and I'm not gonna do that.. I'm new in WA and I just wanna learn more about this state and hunting in this state....I don't give a crap about other states

Offline cody29

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: n/a
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 09:23:20 PM »
if you want a hog I can hook you up with someone in south texas if you want to fly down their

Offline 12Gauge

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »

I'm not a resident of Texas which means I have to pay 10 times more money than TX residents do....and I'm not gonna do that.. I'm new in WA and I just wanna learn more about this state and hunting in this state....I don't give a crap about other states

$315 bucks VS. $25  yup pretty spendy
Progressives are coming for your guns. 
What are you going to do?

Well me, I do not have any guns, gave away or sold them 15 years ago.

Offline coyotecrazy

• Hunter
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 09:44:27 PM »
I thought there was a ranch outside of Cheney that had hogs to hunt.

Offline snowpack

• Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 09:48:18 PM »

I think that $315 also gets you 7 deer, a few turkey and unlimited hogs and other exotics...maybe even alligators.

Offline Tiger1358

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »

I think that $315 also gets you 7 deer, a few turkey and unlimited hogs and other exotics...maybe even alligators.

$315 for a boar ???????I can buy all big game and small game tags together in WA for 3 years !!!!!!

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 06:25:04 AM »

i have heard tell that there are ferral hogs out around ocean shores, but who knows, good luck. i know i wouldnt mind spearing a wild boar, i bet that would be fun :tup:

They hang out at The Porthole Pub on friday and saturday nights... You can normally bait them with a vodka cran and a side of meth.
:tup: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 06:31:07 AM »
there is a place in oregon that you can hog hunt, its called CLARKS RANCH if i remember right and you can kill hog and russian boar for pretty cheap, i might run down there just so i can have butcher boys make me some peppered belly bacon  :drool: :drool:  :tup:
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline ckr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Hunter
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 07:07:11 AM »
Buford Spring Ranch in enterprise oregon has faral hogs.  I took my son down a few years ago and had a blast.  I think it was $320 for 2 nights in there cabin and 3 days hunting. 

Offline Doc Sauce

• Scout
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 07:18:18 AM »
Being from the south and seeing the damage done  by pigs...  I don't care how much it would cost somebody for an out of state tag.  Pigs would decimate Washington.  Having an cheaper license (resident) is nice, but the amount of money it takes to manage wild hogs on top of the habitat destruction and therefore other large game destruction is a cost much higher than a plane ticket and out of state license.  Add to that hunting in a state that already has them really hepls that state manage the pigs. 

Don't give a crap about any of the other states??  Hmm...

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 08:35:44 AM »
The picture is typical of northwest hog hunts.  Notice the ear tag and ear notches.  Some one turned a domestic porker loose and let some one shoot it.  The weapon of choice should be a rattling feed bucket to avoid meat damage.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 08:47:20 AM »
Buford Spring Ranch in enterprise oregon has faral hogs.  I took my son down a few years ago and had a blast.  I think it was $320 for 2 nights in there cabin and 3 days hunting.

Pretty inexpensive. Nice hog.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline biggfish

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 08:56:14 AM »

$315 for a boar ???????I can buy all big game and small game tags together in WA for 3 years !!!!!!
I've seen it priced at 25 for an out of state license with no tags shoot all the hogs you can kill.
Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27:3

Offline Tiger1358

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 09:14:49 AM »

I've seen it priced at 25 for an out of state license with no tags shoot all the hogs you can kill.

Awesome!!!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal