collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: love this set-up  (Read 2328 times)

Offline adictd2hunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
love this set-up
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:48:29 PM »
50 caliber Knight bighorn with musket nipple williams rear peep with factory green front fiber.  Adjusted the trigger alittle bit.   You squeeze the trigger and bang it goes off almost like a modern. barely any lag between cap and powder ignition.  Im using triple 7 pyrodex 50 grain pellets 2 per load with the barnes spit-fire tmz 250 grain boat tails.  This is the best set-up i have tried and been consitant with all day.  I wish i would have had this set-up last year. 

Offline Drifterat

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Scout
Re: love this set-up
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 01:54:43 PM »
Nice rig! That's the same setup I'll be shooting next year

Offline James E

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 05:50:57 PM »
I use 777 powder.  The  777 pellets are not designed for #11, or musket caps. I have never tried the pellets. Good luck.

Offline buglin4bulls

• Scout
  • HAHA! HERE WE GO
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »
Same set up as me except I use 110 grains of pyrodex and knight bloodlines
This is the year im going to get drawn, i can feel it. NOT SELECTED, NOT SELECTED, NOT SELECTED, NOT SELECTED, NOT SELECTED, NOT SELECTED... damn :(

Offline Wose

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 08:42:30 PM »
That's the exact same setup I'm running, thanks to this forum.  The only difference is I'm running 300 grain Hornady SST's.  I'll probably experiment with Barnes bullets next summer, before the 2014 season.

It's the first muzzle-loader I've ever owned, and I'm really impressed.

I've been using the exact same musket caps as you, with two 50 grain 777 pellets.  49 of 50 shots have gone off just fine on the first try.  The lone exception was when I forgot to clean the break free out of the barrel before I loaded it.

Offline adictd2hunting

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 09:08:23 PM »
Its great to finally get to this point point.  I started with a traditional style youth carbine thing i dont even know what brand but it was super light a kicked like a mule.  Especially at 10 years old my dad loaded it up with 120 grains of some kind of powder and maxi ball and said ,here ya go hold on to it.  Long story short i didnt hunt muzzleloader for a couple years.  I ve had a few different ones over the years and its just good to stick with something tell you find what works for you. 

Offline elkboy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »
Exact same setup as me, except I shoot the Knight Bloodlines in 300 grain.  LOVE IT!  Good luck this year!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal