collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: East side raffle elk, where's the pic!  (Read 27252 times)

Offline igotbigbulls

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: East side raffle elk, where's the pic!
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2013, 12:34:10 PM »
only land down there the tribe owns is the Rainwater area. free to hunt on. about 9000acres
Always loved warm guts on a cold morning

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2013, 12:55:20 PM »
Thanks bigbulls for the clarification, so its a Tribal (rainwater) bull? :dunno: :chuckle:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
atleast shrek has taken some of the heat of RT...  :chuckle:
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »
atleast shrek has taken some of the heat of RT...  :chuckle:

Thank God!!!
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline rtspring

• Old Salt
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2013, 01:16:33 PM »
Who cares about score, where it was shot, who shot it! Its a true trophy! Bought and paid for maybe, let me have millions! I will sure as hell kill monsters!  And I know Three guys that would be joining me..

Rtspring
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »
 What is the difference between him paying tens of thousands to hunt and the rest of us paying a couple thousand?

Why is it frowned upon to hire a guide/outfitter that says I will find you a fair chase "400" bull for X amount, but yet its okay for us to hire Dale hoping to get the best bull "Bearpaw Outfitters" knows about? To me its the exact same, just at a higher level.

We all go to the shows each year and see the hoards of outfitters pitching their hunts, with pics of past success, and dream. If we are there to hire someone for a upcoming hunt,  we shop each one, getting their pitch and weighing each one according to their spiel and price. Do you book your hunt with the guy offering 250" bulls for $2500 or the guy offering 350" bulls for $5000? For a lot of guys it depends on their pocket book.

How many of us really are DIY? I would argue that very few actually go out there by themselves, most will have someone with them, even if its for camaraderie, but technically not "DIY"

Lets face it, even Ridgerunners would not have tagged his ram this year had it not been because he payed for a guide/outfitter that already knew where to look for them. Does that make his hunt any less meaningfull?.............NO! :twocents:

I should also mention I simply used Dale/Bearpaw for example because we all know who he is. I mentioned Ridgerunner similarly.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline BIGINNER

• YAR TOWN CRIER *************
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2013, 01:30:46 PM »
What is the difference between him paying tens of thousands to hunt and the rest of us paying a couple thousand?

Why is it frowned upon to hire a guide/outfitter that says I will find you a fair chase "400" bull for X amount, but yet its okay for us to hire Dale hoping to get the best bull "Bearpaw Outfitters" knows about? To me its the exact same, just at a higher level.

We all go to the shows each year and see the hoards of outfitters pitching their hunts, with pics of past success, and dream. If we are there to hire someone for a upcoming hunt,  we shop each one, getting their pitch and weighing each one according to their spiel and price. Do you book your hunt with the guy offering 250" bulls for $2500 or the guy offering 350" bulls for $5000? For a lot of guys it depends on their pocket book.

How many of us really are DIY? I would argue that very few actually go out there by themselves, most will have someone with them, even if its for camaraderie, but technically not "DIY"

Lets face it, even Ridgerunners would not have tagged his ram this year had it not been because he payed for a guide/outfitter that already knew where to look for them. Does that make his hunt any less meaningfull?.............NO! :twocents:

I should also mention I simply used Dale/Bearpaw for example because we all know who he is. I mentioned Ridgerunner similarly.

THIS IS THE INTERNET,.. AND YOU'RE WRONG!!  :bdid:
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT USING MY TIME MACHINE.... SO THIS IS MY OPINION TOMORROW...

OH BY THE WAY. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TURN ON CAP LOCKS ON MY PHONE... :IBCOOL:  :yike: :yike:

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »

:chuckle:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline gotcha

• Scout
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »
This is highly enteratining. Thanks guys.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »
All I wanted was to see a pic!?! Sometimes these threads get out of whack, I guess that's just the nature of the beast.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »

:chuckle:

Heyyyy......majority of the time I scout/hunt by myself. :chuckle:  I wish I had some money to hire an outfitter/guide it would definitely save me time and money but, wheres the fun in that?  To each their own, if we all had a little bit more money who knows what we'd use it for? 

All I wanted was to see a pic!?! Sometimes these threads get out of whack, I guess that's just the nature of the beast.

:yeah:  cant we all just get along??? :dunno: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2013, 02:51:17 PM »

It is not the hiring of a guide or paying trespass fees that I have an issue with...it is how the state allocates very limited resources that I am concerned with (i.e., branch bull tags).  I think as many of us have stated if we had the money we would do the exact same thing...so I am not saying those who buy the governors tag or spend 20k on raffle tickets are doing anything wrong...they are playing by the rules and providing money to support habitat, research etc.  I just think the "rules" need revised so premium tags are available to all sportsmen equally (those with and without deep pockets)...I know many will disagree, this is just how I see the issue.  And again, I hold no ill-will towards those that pay for these tags...I wish I could do the same!!  Maybe instead of an auction or a raffle give these tags as incentives to landowners who allow youth hunts or disabled hunts? Or save the eastside elk raffle tag for landowners that enroll in the FFTH program...every 50 (or 100..)?? acres a landowner enrolls in FFTH gets a raffle ticket for a coveted tag...that would be a real win-win...yea it would still be wealthy folks who own lots of land having the highest chance of getting a coveted tag but it would have direct and immediate impacts on the average hunters opportunity. :dunno: :dunno:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2013, 02:59:07 PM »

It is not the hiring of a guide or paying trespass fees that I have an issue with...it is how the state allocates very limited resources that I am concerned with (i.e., branch bull tags).  I think as many of us have stated if we had the money we would do the exact same thing...so I am not saying those who buy the governors tag or spend 20k on raffle tickets are doing anything wrong...they are playing by the rules and providing money to support habitat, research etc.  I just think the "rules" need revised so premium tags are available to all sportsmen equally (those with and without deep pockets)...I know many will disagree, this is just how I see the issue.  And again, I hold no ill-will towards those that pay for these tags...I wish I could do the same!!  Maybe instead of an auction or a raffle give these tags as incentives to landowners who allow youth hunts or disabled hunts? Or save the eastside elk raffle tag for landowners that enroll in the FFTH program...every 50 (or 100..)?? acres a landowner enrolls in FFTH gets a raffle ticket for a coveted tag...that would be a real win-win...yea it would still be wealthy folks who own lots of land having the highest chance of getting a coveted tag but it would have direct and immediate impacts on the average hunters opportunity. :dunno: :dunno:

5 TICKET CAP ON RAFFLE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockin:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2013, 03:07:03 PM »

It is not the hiring of a guide or paying trespass fees that I have an issue with...it is how the state allocates very limited resources that I am concerned with (i.e., branch bull tags).  I think as many of us have stated if we had the money we would do the exact same thing...so I am not saying those who buy the governors tag or spend 20k on raffle tickets are doing anything wrong...they are playing by the rules and providing money to support habitat, research etc.  I just think the "rules" need revised so premium tags are available to all sportsmen equally (those with and without deep pockets)...I know many will disagree, this is just how I see the issue.  And again, I hold no ill-will towards those that pay for these tags...I wish I could do the same!!
I have been as critical and opposed to the raffle system as anyone on here, I think it should have a limit of 5 tickets maximum per Wild ID number.

That being said, I hold no ill will towards though that play the game to their advantage, but that does not mean I condone the game itself.

Offline 724wd

• Frontiersman
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2013, 03:07:40 PM »
i wanna be governor so i get an east and west tag!   :chuckle: :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal