collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Government shutdown (as related to waterfowl hunting)  (Read 14993 times)

Offline lostbackpacker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Government shutdown (as related to waterfowl hunting)
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »
the government is just like a soap opera.   nothing but drama

they make a big fuss, solve the problem and then slap each other on the back for being the good guys and figuring it out.  bunch of schmucks
It is what you meant it to be...

Offline aaronoto

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 04:26:39 PM »
So if our public land is shut down I guess I can stop paying my taxes that contribute to them right?!

Offline hdshot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 10:36:44 AM »
And the EPA is going to lock up all the air and water, too.

Funny but hard to joke about because the sad truth is there is a possibility the public hunter could temporarily lose out on 10's of thousands of acres for hunting.  There could be some tears from kids when their dad's say we can't hunt because of the situation with the Feds.

For hunters that have the funds for huge leases or club hunting should not be affected.  But for people packed and ready to hunt public, might want to do some homework. State land should be open but could even be more over hunted.
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline predatorpro

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »
the feds can go pack sand for all i care...ill go hunt wether they tell me i can or not!

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 10:50:23 AM »
F it, shut it down. I agree w the republicans, no blank check for o bummer. They don't even know how much that obummer care is gonna cost. I like how they changed the name to affordable health care! What a crock a chit.

Back in the 90's the republicans ended up losing the war while bill got a kiss on the little head since he had Monica all alone in the white house during that shutdown and then won reelection.  Of coarse we didn't find out about Monica until after the elections but he is still a very popular former president.  Oh well.
You may be interested in this.....

http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/tom-delay-take-outrage-to-democrats/

And
the feds can go pack sand for all i care...ill go hunt wether they tell me i can or not!
:yeah: :yeah:

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:55:55 AM by Elkaholic daWg »
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline crazysccrmd

• Scout
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 10:58:37 AM »
I'm tired of politicians playing with my paychecks instead of earning theirs by actually doing the job they were elected for. When I was in Iraq in 2011 they stopped paying us for almost a month. Earlier this year in Afghanistan that almost happened again. Such *censored* that our country is reduced to such a mess that budgets can't even be passed anymore.
"Republicans NEED to find a salesman! They couldn't sell a hooker on a troop ship full of 10,000 marines!" - thanks Special T

Offline scout/sniper

• Region 5 President
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
  • 'Hunter of Gunmen'
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 11:23:04 AM »
Most GOV agencies are under a continuing resolution through 2014.
DFAS will continue to process paychecks so employees will not lose money.
However, VBA will shut down so there is a chance that disabled veterans will not get their benefit checks on time.

Placing this burden on the backs of hard-working employees and injured veterans is BS!
Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of WFW.

"I have two lines you should never cross...Horizontal and Vertical"

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »

You misunderstood, the season will be open, there is just is a possibility of areas well known to the public hunter that might not be open for access.  Would not be good to be caught poaching on closed federal lands with a firearm. 
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 11:40:40 AM »
However, VBA will shut down so there is a chance that disabled veterans will not get their benefit checks on time.

Placing this burden on the backs of hard-working employees and injured veterans is BS!
Are you talking fed agencies because the CR was only the the end of the fiscal year which is September 30.  Also I believe NFC in New Orleans process almost all payroll checks for government employees.  DFAS is for DOD personell.  NFC will shutdown too if there is a shutdown.  Delaying payroll to those excepted employees that will have to work during the shutdown.  The disabled veterans sucks too.  I will end up not getting 2 paychecks if they shutdown. 

Just saw that the Senate voted 100-0 to pass a stopgap bill that funds the government till November 15.  Now back to the house because they took out the defunded of Obama care.
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline scout/sniper

• Region 5 President
  • Sourdough
  • 'Hunter of Gunmen'
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 11:45:05 AM »

Are you talking fed agencies because the CR was only the the end of the fiscal year which is September 30.  Also I believe NFC in New Orleans process almost all payroll checks for government employees.  DFAS is for DOD personell.  NFC will shutdown too if there is a shutdown.  Delaying payroll to those excepted employees that will have to work during the shutdown.  The disabled veterans sucks too.  I will end up not getting 2 paychecks if they shutdown. 

Just saw that the Senate voted 100-0 to pass a stopgap bill that funds the government till November 15.  Now back to the house because they took out the defunded of Obama care.
I am a Fed Gov employee and DFAS processes our paychecks. Might not be the same across the board.
We received a detailed explanation of the possible shutdown and the information I gave is correct, at least for my little corner of the world.
You will get your benefit checks, just not on time.
Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of WFW.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »
What i want to know is WHY do some of you think the Republicans problem is the GOV is shut down? My understanding is that EVERYTHING  would be funded by the Republicans  EXCEPT  Obama care... So the debate shouldn't be on all gov funding just Obama care.  Just another example of people lying to us so will accept something we don't really want.  :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
What i want to know is WHY do some of you think the Republicans problem is the GOV is shut down? My understanding is that EVERYTHING  would be funded by the Republicans  EXCEPT  Obama care... So the debate shouldn't be on all gov funding just Obama care.  Just another example of people lying to us so will accept something we don't really want.  :twocents:

The mechanism to fund the gov is by continuing resolution, because they can't seem to pass a budget.  The R's chose this opportunity to take a stand and defund Ocare with the CR under discussion. O has vowed to veto if Ocare is defunded.  And the D's won't let it pass the senate.  As a result, if a CR is not agreed upon and signed by O, the gov will not be funded.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »
The government will shut down. The Republicans will be blamed.

The government will reopen. The Democrats will get the credit.

ObamaCare will be implemented. Everyone will suffer.

The Mariners will lose. Again and again.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline scout/sniper

• Region 5 President
  • Sourdough
  • 'Hunter of Gunmen'
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »

The mechanism to fund the gov is by continuing resolution, because they can't seem to pass a budget.  The R's chose this opportunity to take a stand and defund Ocare with the CR under discussion. O has vowed to veto if Ocare is defunded.  And the D's won't let it pass the senate.  As a result, if a CR is not agreed upon and signed by O, the gov will not be funded.
Except those agencies that are funded through an advanced appropriation. We are funded through 2014.

Offline snowpack

• Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »
What i want to know is WHY do some of you think the Republicans problem is the GOV is shut down?
The perception or the reality?  The news media is generating the perception--that being Sen Cruz and a few of his buddies (all happen to be R) are willing to shut down the entire gov with no chance of compromise in their hopes to invalidate Obamacare.  Almost all coverage of the issue includes one with the other.  Even if not the whole story, the two getting linked enough will be what stands out in peoples' minds later on.

I really wouldn't put it past the FS to dig tank traps on their roads or hang big chains across with a sign saying 'Forest Closed'.  The shutdown that happened 20 years ago the LEOs were around, but all the staff at the ranger stations were on 'vacation'.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Woodchuck
[Today at 07:05:51 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]