collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Martin Archery (are they going OOB)  (Read 4205 times)

Offline Stalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Martin Archery (are they going OOB)
« on: October 02, 2013, 07:24:43 PM »
Was talking to a Martin rep. today and he was telling me that it looks like they will be going out of business and that their CNC equipment is already being auctioned off. Anyone else hear this or can confirm / deny this?   :dunno:

Offline RadSav

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Martin Archery (are they going OOB)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 07:47:01 PM »
See my September post on this link http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,131729.msg1799796.html#msg1799796

But, then again reps know everything...Right?

I have been unable to reach this new group to get some questions answered.  I will keep trying!
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline Stalker

• Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 09:01:36 PM »
See my September post on this link http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,131729.msg1799796.html#msg1799796

But, then again reps know everything...Right?

I have been unable to reach this new group to get some questions answered.  I will keep trying!

Thanks RAD for the link and info. I missed this topic in the past.

Reading through the posts and the article on PG 6 it seems that there was some last minute CPR attempts from some money folks but no final determination, correct?

Hope all works out and they are brought back from the brink. Archery community at large would lose as well as the local community taking a financial hit.

I also take it from your reference to the term "skipper" you are former Navy??

Offline RadSav

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 09:59:28 PM »
As I understand it from conversations with the family last week they just need to work out the final real estate details with the port.  Nothing is yet finalized, but the outcome looks more promising than anything so far.  And after conversations with the Rat B&*^%d at the bank I would expect there has been contingency money put up front to get them to postpone the auction.  That would be a serious risk if the group was not very serious about the deal.  So it looks to be very good news for the Walla Walla and archery community.

As far as using the term "skipper" - No navy experience for me.  That boss was an old navy man, but I worked for him as a fishing charter deck hand and later as an employed skipper myself.  His rating was 300 ton all US waters, mine was 100 tons all US ocean waters.
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 10:02:53 AM »
I hope they make it. I have a Martin bow I got in 2006 that I love. If they stay open, I'll buy a new one come spring time. I like having good equipment made in Washington.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 10:21:32 AM »
It would be sad to see Martin fold, hope it works out.  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »
I hope they make it. I have a Martin bow I got in 2006 that I love. If they stay open, I'll buy a new one come spring time. I like having good equipment made in Washington.

Same here.  There was an article in the UB a couple of weeks ago that sounded like they were going to save the company.  If they do, I will upgrade mine next season as well. 
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline mountainman

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 08:52:21 PM »
Would be nice if the new management would take care of all the "down the line" guys who have taken it in the shorts the last few years trying their best to promote Martin and keep the customer base #'s up for survival...guys who have lost 10's of thousands of $'s out of their own pockets trying to keep the company afloat, rather then leaving them out in the cold after all their hard worked...and hopefully Ryan is out of the picture...
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline 724wd

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 09:46:15 PM »
and hopefully Ryan is out of the picture...

and terry...

Offline mountainman

• Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 09:47:05 PM »
And terry..
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 10:23:19 AM »
Would be nice if the new management would take care of all the "down the line" guys who have taken it in the shorts the last few years trying their best to promote Martin and keep the customer base #'s up for survival...guys who have lost 10's of thousands of $'s out of their own pockets trying to keep the company afloat, rather then leaving them out in the cold after all their hard worked...and hopefully Ryan is out of the picture...

I would imagine that the only way they could "pay back" those who helped keep them afloat, would be to get "it" together. When their reputation is one where limbs are failing, and its not viewed as unusual, there is a major problem.  :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »
I was informed today they have been bought  :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal