collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sneaking in with no orange.  (Read 6631 times)

Offline Goshawk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Sneaking in with no orange.
« on: October 12, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
Much to my disgust, I've found a new trend. I'm guessing that as a result of Whorehauser locked gates folks are hunting inside these areas without orange. We found four such natural selection folks this morning above Cinebar hunting just inside the "pay to get skunked zone". They, like us were hunting state land, but they moved well into the off limits area and stuffed their orange in the pack.
Someone is going to get hurt doing that crap.
 :bdid:
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline washelkhunter

• Region 5 State Delegate #3
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
  • Site sponsorhttp
  • Groups: TPE, NRA, RMEF, AST
Re: Sneaking in with no orange.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 12:20:56 PM »
This is a good reason why weyerhauser may want to develop a close relationship with the WfW folks. We could be reporting such incidents promptly for resolution.   :tup:

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 12:22:51 PM »
I heard that weyco might be paying rewards to those who turn in trespassers.  :dunno:  I've already witnessed folks trespassing and poaching on newly leased Weyco land.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 12:31:29 PM »
Just got a call from the manager of a homeowner's association (very large and very off limits to hunting)regarding hunting season.  She was confused trying to figure out the dates from wdfw's website.  Apparently, three homeowners have reported encounters with "lost" hunters this morning, and not one was wearing orange.   :yike:

I let her know if no orange, they are trying to sneak in and to call the sheriff.  I am so sick of this BS.  Another vehicle drove by me as I walked to my hunt area, no orange in sight, then heard a shot from the direction they went.  Probably shot from the rig as well.   >:(

Offline Brad Harshman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »
This is exactly why I quit modern firearm.  Too many "fill in the blank"...

Offline rb2506

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »
Do you have to wear orange in a firearm restriction area during modern  ?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

tagged out and going to town

Offline Sportfury

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 02:19:44 PM »
I have seen this same thing on Hancock Land. I was close to the Mowich side of the property and was hunting the edge of a huge clearing. Luckily for me I started to glass further out further than I was (300 yards or so) when I saw something that looked odd. Upon closer inspection it was two guys without orange. They were in my direct line of sight and I can only wonder what may have happened if I had shot at a deer that stood between me and them. Be careful out there guys and be smart.

Offline MasterTracker

• Hunter
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 03:30:01 PM »
I always run into hunters during modern season without orange and since 2008 I've seen more ATV,ENDURO'S on state land. With signs that clearly state NO motorized object of any kind not even a damn R/C!....I been thinking about getting spike strips for these jack A$$'S  :chuckle:
These are the benefits of orange you let hunter's know where you are and where they are. So I will respect a hunter if he is already in one my cut's or areas that I see him in and move on! If no orange he's sh$t out of luck and if he want's anything more bring it and I've never had a problem! It could be a life saver for not being shot by a drunk or a stupid hunter that shoot's at noise! It could save your life if you need help and other hunters can see you! And a lot more thing's......So Wear your freaking ORANGE!  :tup:

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »
I always run into hunters during modern season without orange and since 2008 I've seen more ATV,ENDURO'S on state land. With signs that clearly state NO motorized object of any kind not even a damn R/C!....I been thinking about getting spike strips for these jack A$$'S  :chuckle:
These are the benefits of orange you let hunter's know where you are and where they are. So I will respect a hunter if he is already in one my cut's or areas that I see him in and move on! If no orange he's sh$t out of luck and if he want's anything more bring it and I've never had a problem! It could be a life saver for not being shot by a drunk or a stupid hunter that shoot's at noise! It could save your life if you need help and other hunters can see you! And a lot more thing's......So Wear your freaking ORANGE!  :tup:

You can ATV's on State Land.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline snowpack

• Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 03:54:04 PM »

You can ATV's on State Land.
the next sentence about signs that say No motorized vehicles I think is the complaint.

Offline MasterTracker

• Hunter
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 04:00:51 PM »
NOT IN  Markworth State Forest! I THINK I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT THERE.  :tup: 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:11:45 PM by MasterTracker »

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
Hmmmm, NEWBIE. Sorry man. I just know what I know. It must be a westside area and of course that's what you wanted over there.

Offline MasterTracker

• Hunter
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 04:09:07 PM »
Markworth State Forest West (GMU 460) I-90 to Preston (Exit #22) then North to Fall City pass Twin Rivers Golf Course. Cross the Snoqualmie River bridge and turn left onto Hwy 203 towards Carnation. Go six miles (through Carnation) and go three more miles and turn right on Stillwater Hill Road. Stay to the right on rock road and veer to the right on Stossel Creek Way. Go 1 mile and veer right again to enter Markworth State Forest. At the four-way, continue north approximately 2.5 miles to the gate on the left of Stossel Creek Road (ST 2000). All roads beyond the gate are open to hunting . Wastewater sludge is sprayed over vegetation in late August leaving a mild odor. No ATV’s allowed. No camping allowed.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
Markworth State Forest West (GMU 460) I-90 to Preston (Exit #22) then North to Fall City pass Twin Rivers Golf Course. Cross the Snoqualmie River bridge and turn left onto Hwy 203 towards Carnation. Go six miles (through Carnation) and go three more miles and turn right on Stillwater Hill Road. Stay to the right on rock road and veer to the right on Stossel Creek Way. Go 1 mile and veer right again to enter Markworth State Forest. At the four-way, continue north approximately 2.5 miles to the gate on the left of Stossel Creek Road (ST 2000). All roads beyond the gate are open to hunting . Wastewater sludge is sprayed over vegetation in late August leaving a mild odor. No ATV’s allowed. No camping allowed.

I just read that. Sorry for the confusing on my part. BUT, you can still ride on state land. I didn't know and it was not mentioned it was a disabled area.  :tup:

Offline MasterTracker

• Hunter
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 04:42:34 PM »
Yes it is a vehicle disabled area and I'm always very helpful to these hunters. I have helped a couple disabled hunters out with deer on a few occasions. But most of them always have a hunting partner.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal