collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Westside pheasant release site hunting frustration  (Read 8920 times)

Offline Fishstiq

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Westside pheasant release site hunting frustration
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »
Nice to know there are other people out there with big running dogs.  This is only my second year and the first where my boy is an adult now.  I only take him out after 10a or on non-release days.  Doesn't take long for him to cover the entire site.

No one's yelled at me yet though.  Maybe they're too stunned just seeing a lady out hunting with her dog.   :IBCOOL:

Oh. "a lady" now is it? 

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

― Samuel Adams

Offline dustysags

• Tracker
    • https://www.facebook.com/dustysager
  • Groups: ducks unlimited
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »
I hunt up north in the ferndale release sites and this year is the worst. Me and my grandpa have been pheasant hunting  the same places for close to ten years I think and this is the worst year yet. Theres been a couple of release sites 2 hour walking trips without seeing a bird. I guess just taking my gun for a walk and saving ammo for ducks.

Offline kinoko

• Pilgrim
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 02:05:17 PM »
That's the outward appearance at least :P

Nice to know there are other people out there with big running dogs.  This is only my second year and the first where my boy is an adult now.  I only take him out after 10a or on non-release days.  Doesn't take long for him to cover the entire site.

No one's yelled at me yet though.  Maybe they're too stunned just seeing a lady out hunting with her dog.   :IBCOOL:

Oh. "a lady" now is it? 

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »
And a lady who is one heck of a good shot ;) :yeah:
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline johng

• Hunter
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 08:24:46 AM »

I'll just chime in here and say that I have had pretty good experiences overall hunting Western WA. Pheasant release sites... can they be somewhat crowded on the weekend at 8am?  You bet.... However, if I don't feel like having my Britt and I run around with everyone else we will just show up in the afternoon.  You can still get birds.

Is it the same as a beautiful day hunting upland bird and jump shooting ducks in Eastern WA?  No sir...  But on the other hand I don't have to drive 3 hours each way and spend a bunch of Federal Reserve Notes on gas... plus both my dog and I get experience.

It's kind of a mixed bag.... I got two pheasants this past Monday and my buddy got one... they are out there but it does seem like they aren't as many as last year?!   :dunno:

Good luck!

- jg

Offline Stilly bay

• Sourdough
  • ELITIST WEST SIDE DITCH PARROT HUNTER
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 09:05:44 AM »

they are out there but it does seem like they aren't as many as last year?!   :dunno:

That would be because they aren't releasing nearly as many this year due the inflated prices of chicken scratch.
"Love the dogs before loving the hunt; love the hunt for the dogs." - Ben O. Williams

“It is easy to forget that in the main we die only seven times more slowly than our dogs.”
― Jim Harrison

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal