collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cowiche unit  (Read 24839 times)

Offline Netminder01

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Cowichee unit
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »
Let me pop some corn.  This is going to be good.

:yeah:

Offline fastdam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Cowiche unit
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 10:10:22 AM »
Well you and your buddies better be careful pointing guns at people. I will shoot anyone who points a gun at me and starts making threats. Period.   See ya there.

Offline fastdam

• Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »
I just looked at the map. It shows Hatton road is a county road all yhe way to the powerlines, where it joins the green dot system. Its a big black thick line running parallel to the mill road which is also a big thick black line. The legend shows the big thick black line indicates "county road".  If its not the lock it.

Offline Netminder01

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
We do not have to leave open since there is another access from state land to the state land. It was not me who kicked you guys off this year it's a new guy that us retired and now living in his cabin full time. That lower part of hatton was started by my great grandfather when he was farming it. People just started driving on it with out asking and has been doing so for years. Sorry but we are closing it off. It's not a green dot road until you get up by the power lines. You can access it from the county road cowiche mill. That is a green dot which leads up to the green dot section of hatton. Why do people have to cause a fuss when they can't go on or thru private property? If it was your land I'm sure you would do the same. Be mad all you want but a solid gate along with 2 guys patrolling it will be in place very soon.

Prohunter - First off, I think it's fantastic you're able to farm the same land as your great grandfather.  That is something I for one will look to pass onto my grandkids some day - very cool.  I understand why you'd want to protect it from trespassers.

That said, I'm sure you understand that if hunters are not hunting *on* your land but the county has provided the easement in the past can you explain what has caused you and others to pursue this action?  You've only had a few posts on this forum so I for one would like to give you the benefit of the doubt and I'm sure most here don't have the benefit of knowing any or most of the issues  you've had with irresponsible hunters or trespassers. I would be surprised if any of the encounters you had were from reputable members here.

Would you mind elaborating at the extend of issues you've had or other mitigating reasons you and the other owners are so motivated to prevent road access *through* your property if this has been apparently allowed by a county easement?

Thanks!

Offline Prohunter270

• Tracker
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 11:56:32 AM »
First off, I have never pointed a gun or threated a person with one! You guys come over once a year to hunt and think you own and know everything. Your not there when we have taken 8 dump truck loads of garbage out of it or had 6 cows shot or your water tanks shot and ax cuts in them, or have you seen are equipment vandalized and all are fences cut cause people want to go off road to get to an animal they shot. It's hard to put the blame on a few bad people, the point is it's private and stay off. You can bitch all you want and bring up all the maps you want but the fact is it's closed and we have the athority to keep people out. Are new gates will be up as well as retired master hunters patrolling the land. We were successful in 7 trespassing tickets this fall with more to come. Not trying to be an a$$ but it's private land and people are messing with the value and lively hood. Can I come and dump trash in your back yard, how would you feel?

Offline fastdam

• Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
Thats BS. I can see Hatton road from my kitchen window, there is little traffic on that road. I hardly see any trash on that road either. In frenches there is trash, but I never see trash in the ridge roads up hatton. If its a private road, then why havent you guys just locked the gate?  The only trash I have ever seen on that road is the junk pile and at the new cabin on the left which is close to the road on the way up.  His place is an eyesore no doubt.  the water troughs are not anywhere near the road.    You guys are just trying to bully your way into closing a public road like those squatters and druggies did in the southfork.  every rig I see there is just driving through. The fences are notcapeable of holding cattle either, not cuz they have been cut but because they are ancient and no one has fixed them.  I will be driving that road until the gate is locked, then i'll be at the sherrifs. The road is not private even if the land is.

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 12:38:30 PM »
Thats BS. I can see Hatton road from my kitchen window, there is little traffic on that road. I hardly see any trash on that road either. In frenches there is trash, but I never see trash in the ridge roads up hatton. If its a private road, then why havent you guys just locked the gate?  The only trash I have ever seen on that road is the junk pile and at the new cabin on the left which is close to the road on the way up.  His place is an eyesore no doubt.  the water troughs are not anywhere near the road.    You guys are just trying to bully your way into closing a public road like those squatters and druggies did in the southfork.  every rig I see there is just driving through. The fences are notcapeable of holding cattle either, not cuz they have been cut but because they are ancient and no one has fixed them.  I will be driving that road until the gate is locked, then i'll be at the sherrifs. The road is not private even if the land is.

Well, if they successfully petitioned the county to abandon it then it would be officially private.  Were it my fate at stake, I would check with the county first. 

YMMV :)
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline Prohunter270

• Tracker
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »
Lol, you have no idea where are troughs are at, your just an idiot that I can't wait to catch now! It will be locked this week !!!! Lol

Offline Prohunter270

• Tracker
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »
This will be my last post are attorney is getting it approved. I don't have time to argue on here, I have gates to install and ditches to dig and  pictures to take of trespassers and turn them in. Good day!

Offline Boogieman509

• Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »
Il be up there the day after Thanksgiving.  Love the area and look forward to a great cow hunt.   Ill be in a a big black Duramax.  Dont pull a gun on me >:(

Offline scoyoc5

• Sourdough
  • NRA lifetime member
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 11:38:18 PM »
tagging this  :tup:
Switchback XT,Goldtip,Muzzy MX-3,Winners choice...Aim small miss small

Offline Moose Master

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 06:44:55 AM »
Here is the report about my two novice hunters.  Hunter one saw lots of deer and was amazed with the area.  He got to see a branch antler bull from afar but no spikes.  Hunter two who had a cow tag, saw one on day two at 125 yds but was looking into the sun and wasn't sure it was a cow or not so he didn't take the shot.  Again on day 4 saw a cow but to far off.  Short story but tag soup.  Dawgfather went up two your campsite but didn't connect but thanks for the offer.  For everyone else that offered up some info  Thank You.

Offline YoterHunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 09:41:36 AM »
This will be my last post are attorney is getting it approved. I don't have time to argue on here, I have gates to install and ditches to dig and  pictures to take of trespassers and turn them in. Good day!
I hope this is your last post . And your last time on this forum. This is for hunters NOT anti hunters .  :twocents:

Offline 270Shooter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 09:54:20 AM »
I remember going in on hatton a few years ago and no one had any problems with us as long as we always closed the gates. I

Offline CamoDup

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
  • Aint here for a long time. Here for a good time
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 09:58:03 AM »

:tup: A lot of truth in this post.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand