collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Silverdale  (Read 2964 times)

Offline alvin808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Silverdale
« on: October 25, 2013, 12:29:44 PM »
New to the area and looking to explore at the very least the 6020 area I believe it is inside the 624GMU. NOV 14-17 is any deer soooo. Due to October being almost over anyone have any advice?

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
Re: Silverdale
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/prospects/2013/district16.pdf
There are some links on the page that lay out the firearms/discharge rules for that area. Most is shotgun and archery only.
Most of that area is private land and many of the people there hate the deer, but because of the distance to a structure for discharge (200 ft for the shotguns), all it takes is a dissenting neighbor to make an area unusable. 
You could drive around and look for yards with lots of deer fence around gardens and ask around.  The people around there want the deer shot, they just want it done in someone else's yard or will only give access to a few people.  I can talk to a few because lately they've taken to spraying deer with hoses or shooting with BB guns--one guys said he's about ready to hire the archery club to come shoot them all.

Offline Stick em

• Hunter
  • Fortune favors the prepared!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »
6020 is my hunting area and it is packed full of deer. As stated much of it is firearm restricted and some of it is a no projectile zone. Check with the local police if your planing on hunting near the rural area. If you hunt with a bow, you're probably guaranteed a deer any day. Lots of the locals hate the deer. Most of them have pellets under the hide and one we got this year had a .22 bullet in the hind quarter. If you are going with a firearm try the Diamond Point area. There are lots of deer there and no restrictions. I almost hit 2 coming home Saturday night. Remember that you can use a crossbow during modern season this year. The best advice I can give you if you are yard hunting is to drop it quick & shoot in the morning. Tracking an animal through multiple property, especially at night, can be frustrating and can make you loose the animal to coyotes. Over the last few years I have made friends with several landowners in the area and now have a great, safe place to hunt. Good luck

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:09:12 PM »
You'd be surprised at some of the outlier deer that can be found in that area.  Most bucks are barely spikes or tiny forkies.  But there is a really big 5x5 that sneaks around in some of the neighborhoods.  It was resting by my fence the other evening, but a neighbor shot it with a BB and it took off.  :bash:  Mostly what can be expected is a doe or yearling though.

Offline deltaops

• Longhunter
  • “Heads” I win, “Tails” you lose!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 04:40:42 PM »
Diamond Point, is it all private or is some of it public? It looks interesting to say the least. I am sure the women and I could thin the heard just a little.  :tup:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln

Offline Stick em

• Hunter
  • Fortune favors the prepared!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:45:18 PM »
There is a lots of public land mixed in there. Guys pull them out of the first public spots next to the hwy all the time. If you go up around Cat Lake you will find lots of sign. The only tip I can give you is the closer to the beach you are, the better. Good luck and be safe. There are hikers out there at times

Offline montana archer

• Tracker
    • joseph eldridge
  • Groups: nra, rocky mountiain elk foundation
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
From what i read in the regs is any buck for late modern only nov 14-17.  muzzleloader and archery is either sex.  archery starts nov 27 and muzzle loader is 28 nov.   lots of land to hunt on try out by bear creek dewatto road.  lots of access.

Offline deltaops

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 09:20:08 PM »
From what i read in the regs is any buck for late modern only nov 14-17.  muzzleloader and archery is either sex.  archery starts nov 27 and muzzle loader is 28 nov.   lots of land to hunt on try out by bear creek dewatto road.  lots of access.

You might want to check the regs again! 6020 is any deer for Modern Firearm

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln

Offline montana archer

• Tracker
    • joseph eldridge
  • Groups: nra, rocky mountiain elk foundation
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »
sorry for that thought he was talking about kitsap county.

Offline deltaops

• Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 01:42:50 PM »
sorry for that thought he was talking about kitsap county.

No worries, you made me go check the regs to make sure I wasn't reading them wrong. It has happened before, i get to an area I thought i read up on, read the regs again and have to change plans! :tup:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal