collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Fishseeker ailing  (Read 13835 times)

Offline Elk4me

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • God, Guts And Guns Keep Us Free!
Re: Fishseeker ailing
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 05:06:41 PM »
Here is the latest on my brother John Murphy (Fishseeker). It is not good. He is on life support and the doctors say that is what is keeping him with us right now. I haven't gotten to the hospital yet but Travis Murphy told me to let everyone know. He is in Swedish Hospital, Room 849. The address is 747 Broadway in Seattle. Prayers are needed for all of us as decisions have to be made. As far as I know now, if you want to go see him it is OK. It is also OK if you don't want to. We appreciate your love and support.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
RMEF Member
Support Those That Fight For Your Rights And What You Believe In!

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
  • Chief Executive Head Anarchist of YKWTSASFFRO
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 05:10:42 PM »
So sorry to hear this...prayers still Comin...hope he pulls through
Official hunt-wa bigfoot field researcher!

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 05:15:20 AM »
I only met him the one time.  I was taken by his generosity and kindness even at a time he was not feeling well.  Our prayers go out for him and the entire family during this difficult time.
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 05:45:46 AM »
Continuing to pray, what a difficult and horrible thing to go through.

Offline Elk4me

• Hunter
  • God, Guts And Guns Keep Us Free!
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 06:01:27 AM »
praying praying praying for you guys.  like I said earlier, if you guys need anything, just ask.

Just the thought of knowing that you and others from this group hear were willing to help us pack out an elk meant so much to John.  He was able to actually pack out a front shoulder of the one I got Friday until the uphill part, then he gave it over to one of our partners. We would have liked to been able to enjoy a campfire with you last week.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
RMEF Member
Support Those That Fight For Your Rights And What You Believe In!

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 06:46:08 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear about this. Prayers sent.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 06:49:21 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear about this. Prayers sent.

:yeah:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline hrd2fnd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Washington for Wildlife
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »
From his Son Travis
So many great memories with my dad, John Murphy, from all the weekend fishing trips, and the one's I would miss school for, the hunting trips, all the mornings having coffee with him at Petosa's, and drinks for happy hour later on, working on cars, plumbing houses(getting high on glue fumes when it got spilled under a house), seahawks games, and more recently "Going to Warden to do Warden *censored*!", I am not ready to be done making memories with him, and hope I can give my kids even close to the same kinds of memories with me. I would love to see some of your favorite memories of dad posted here... We can have a few laughs... And a few cries... So lets get some comments going here folks.

My response.
Where to begin, I first came to know of John from a post on our favorite hunting forum back in May of this year. Even though I had read some of his posts to the forum, I didn't know him personally and never really talked with him. The ask was from one of his nephews who also is a member of the forum, for a place to park the motor coach. Having to explain to my wife that I had never meant John personally, but the fact a family needed a hand up and we could provide that she and I agreed to let the family stay. This isn't to say there wasn't a few members of the family who questioned our decision, but they had no say in the matter. Since May I have come to love listening of John's past experiences from everything to do with fishing, hunting, plumbing and damn near anything he has done. We would talk for hours hearing stories of when he was a boy living in Bothell and how they would pick berries from the farmers fields and try not to get caught, to fishing the Philchuck for salmon. John is a very loving caring man, who invited me to his elk camp this year, unfortunately I was not able to attend due to work commitments and kick myself in the ass for not going. For someone I've known for such a short time to be called my friend is unbelievable, as those that know me would say to be called a friend of mine is a privilege very few hold. John is a true friend and I pray that he and I get to continue our friendship and have many more discussions around fishing, berry picking, gold panning and elk hunting.
"Believe in your abilities and confidence will lead you on"

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 01:08:24 PM »
I only met him once...at the local bbq...he brought his gold panning stuff and helped my boy sift a bit of material. My son still brings it up about the time he found gold (no he didn't but we let him believe he did).

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 01:18:27 PM by h20hunter »

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
Sorry to hear about this. Prayers sent.
275 down 2

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »
I'm so sorry he's taken a bad turn. You guys must be devastated. I'm glad you were able to hunt together this year. I don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »
I too only briefly met him at the BBQ last summer. Sounds like he is a great man, brother, father, etc.

My thoughts are with you all. This sucks. Try to remember the good times in these tough times.

Offline jason stevens

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »
From his Son Travis
So many great memories with my dad, John Murphy, from all the weekend fishing trips, and the one's I would miss school for, the hunting trips, all the mornings having coffee with him at Petosa's, and drinks for happy hour later on, working on cars, plumbing houses(getting high on glue fumes when it got spilled under a house), seahawks games, and more recently "Going to Warden to do Warden *censored*!", I am not ready to be done making memories with him, and hope I can give my kids even close to the same kinds of memories with me. I would love to see some of your favorite memories of dad posted here... We can have a few laughs... And a few cries... So lets get some comments going here folks.
I know exacty what your saying he left my drive way to yours cause of the city bs. I've known the family for years and my wife used to see them everyday like clockwork at petosa he is a great man and will be truly missed talking with travis everyday he is a great man also apple doesn't fall far from the tree and he's holding strong wish there were more like them love ya smurf  go with god and enjoy the big bulls and bucks up there .

My response.
Where to begin, I first came to know of John from a post on our favorite hunting forum back in May of this year. Even though I had read some of his posts to the forum, I didn't know him personally and never really talked with him. The ask was from one of his nephews who also is a member of the forum, for a place to park the motor coach. Having to explain to my wife that I had never meant John personally, but the fact a family needed a hand up and we could provide that she and I agreed to let the family stay. This isn't to say there wasn't a few members of the family who questioned our decision, but they had no say in the matter. Since May I have come to love listening of John's past experiences from everything to do with fishing, hunting, plumbing and damn near anything he has done. We would talk for hours hearing stories of when he was a boy living in Bothell and how they would pick berries from the farmers fields and try not to get caught, to fishing the Philchuck for salmon. John is a very loving caring man, who invited me to his elk camp this year, unfortunately I was not able to attend due to work commitments and kick myself in the ass for not going. For someone I've known for such a short time to be called my friend is unbelievable, as those that know me would say to be called a friend of mine is a privilege very few hold. John is a true friend and I pray that he and I get to continue our friendship and have many more discussions around fishing, berry picking, gold panning and elk hunting.

Offline floatinghat

• Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 09:38:32 PM »
Thoughts and prays with the family, we went through this a few years ago with my dad.  However, it sounds like he made the most of life for himself and those around him.

Offline SniperDanWA

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, WFW
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »
I don't know fishseeker, you, your family or the whole story but I've got all of you in my prayers.  I pray that The Lord will restore fishseeker's health for whatever time he is to share with his family and friends.
"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as
impossible." - Vince Lombardi

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]