collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: L. T. Murray Wildlife Area Cleanup - 6/25/22  (Read 3388 times)

Offline mcrawfordaf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • PF, RGS, INWWC, SBDA, NWTF
L. T. Murray Wildlife Area Cleanup - 6/25/22
« on: June 21, 2022, 10:38:26 AM »
Hey all, got an email from the Ruffed Grouse Society of WA looking for volunteers to remove fence. I won't be able to drive out there but please see below for the info:

Wildlife Area Cleanup Event

When: Saturday, June 25th,

Habitat work party on the Whiskey Dick Unit of the L.T. Murray Wildlife Area. We will be removing old barbed wire fence and pulling t-post adjacent the Vantage highway. Volunteer parties have already removed 4.8 miles of the fence beginning at the Corrals parking lot and moving east. This event will focus on the remaining 3.3 miles of wire bordering the highway and terminating at the Gingko State Park property boundary. (Note, the red line in the image below).

Meet up at 8:00am, at the Wild Horse Wind Farm parking lot (46.976788, -120.208627, WGS 84 datum). We will be working along the Vantage Highway which has occasional pullouts for parking but walking up to a mile between vehicle and work site may be necessary. Highway traffic can be heavy at times so a work vest designed to increase visibility is encouraged. We will stop work no later than 3pm.

Directions:

From Ellensburg, take the Vantage Hwy east for 15 miles and just as you crest the hill, turn left onto the Wind Farm. The parking lot will be on your left in .2 miles.

I will bring a couple pair of fencing plyers, post pullers, safety glasses, and tools for removing or bending nails. Remember, rattlesnakes are common in this area so wear appropriate footwear and watch where you place your hands when working with wire. Bring plenty of water and snacks. I will also bring volunteer and Master Hunter forms so everyone can sign up for WDFW liability and get credit for hours.

Bring leather work gloves, working shoes or boots, and sunscreen. Fence pliers or wire cutters will be very useful if you have them.

Please send me a quick text or email if you plan to attend, and contact me with any questions,

Thank you for your time,

Noel

L.T. Murray Wildlife Area Assistant Manager

Noel Winegeart

509-899-3428 cell noel.winegeart@dfw.wa.gov

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal