collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Silver Arrow Bowmen (Mount Vernon)  (Read 94283 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Silver Arrow Bowmen (Mount Vernon)
« on: November 12, 2013, 06:22:16 PM »
I wanted to start this thread to let more people know about the best archery club that you can join. Silver Arrow Bowmen has been around for over 50 years. We have been at our current location since the early 70's. In the last 5 years our club has had a huge transformation. We now boast more than 100 members. We offer a 50 target walk though course with the most challenging topography with lots of  Up and Down shots. We also have a 10-50 yard flat range that has coin operated lighting, and a covered shooting area sporting carpet bailed backstops. Our Clubhouse features a 12 lane 20 yard/meter indoor range, kitchen, and lounge. Membership is CHEEP! We also have  a Couple of MEMBERS ONLY events each year. $30 a year for individuals, or $40 for families plus $10 initiation. From NOW till the end of the year if you join the club NEXT years dues pays for the rest of THIS year. The membership form can be downloaded off our website.
http://silverarrowbowmen.com/ or picked up at our clubhouse door. You can mail your check to our PO BOX or staple it to your form and put it in the shoot box at the clubhouse.
Our Club has a good mix of hunters, target shooters, & Trad guys. We now have 80+ 3D Targets of which 50 are Rhineheart targets.

http://silverarrowbowmen.com/

Like Us on Facebook to keep in touch with our events!

Our shoots in the upcoming year
1/11-1/12 WSAA Multi color indoor
1/25-1/26 Charlie Hampton Memorial shoot 3D
3/15-3/16 Bucks Bulls & Boars 3D
4/12-4/13 WSAA Safari
4/26-4/27 silver arrow bowmen 3-D
6/14-6/15 Summerfest 3D
6/28-6/29 Traditional Days 3D
8/9-8/10 WSAA Fita Field
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline poopooheaddad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Re: Silver Arrow Bowmen (Mount Vernon)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 06:36:46 PM »
I love your walk through course, 2bucks and a great challenge, wish I had more time to shoot there, don't you guys have a 4h youth shoot on Tuesdays? if so what ages?
"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Offline lostbackpacker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 06:38:45 PM »
I'm headed up there Saturday. Been a few years since I shot there.
It is what you meant it to be...

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 09:01:39 PM »
If its been a few years your in for a treat. In rebuilding our course we replaced all 4 of the bridges that cross carpenter creek. We both made the course safer AND added so many targets. If your booking you can shoot all 50 targets in about 2.5 hours.

We do sponsor a 4h shooting group they meet at 6pm on Tuesdays. 2 groups advanced and beginner. We support about 60 kids in that program. It is near full capacity.  We also sponsor a NASP program for home schoolers.

It is true that ANYONE can shoot our course for $2 shoot ALL DAY. We operate on the honor system. So encourage others to pay the way... Our members put in approx 2k man hours a year keeping the club going and putting on events.

Spread the word about our club. We are just 3 miles off I5. We have members from Ferndale to Everett. Come shoot our club and you won't be disappointed.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 09:03:38 PM »
Sounds like a fun event.  :tup:
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »
I might also add that the club has hosted several Hunters ED programs. Both the traditional WDFW ones, and one of our members has put on a couple classes of the International Bow hunters Education Foundation program that is certification in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico and Europe.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 02:55:31 PM »
We are having our first business meeting of the year. You can come shoot indoors on our range, pay your membership, sit in on our business meeting and find out more about our club.

Clubhouse will be open for shooting by 6pm(perhaps earlier) business meeting at 7pm (about an hour) and usually the clubhouse stays open for another hour after the meeting is completed.

We are Hosting the WSAA Multicolor at our club this weekend it is an RSVP event WSAA membership is required. So far we have over 200 partispants.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 10:03:40 PM »
We had 211 people at the WSAA multicolor this weekend.We had full lines sat from 7am till 9pm and 7am-5pm today... That doesn't include the NASP lines we had on Thursday to keep room for everyone. Doug, Larry (the new president), Ren, Connie and several others did a great job taking care of people.

Tomorrow evening at 6:30 were are starting Flint Rounds in the club house. 2nd and 4th Monday evening of each month. Flint rounds are an indoor game where you shoot 20 yards and closer up to 4 yards at 2 different target sizes. Its a great way to meet fellow bowmen, and get great practice on your form for shooting. I was a member for 3 years before i participated because i'm a hunter first, and not a "paper puncher". I can tell you it helped my shooting so much I make sure i do it every year now. Come check us out. Membership is cheap and if you just want to come check it out its only $2 per person.

Confucius

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 10:43:04 PM »
silver arrow is a great range. I shoot there often but have never joined. its a great walk through course.
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 03:38:17 PM »
We had a workparty this weekend to prepare for out Bucks Bulls and Boars 3D next weekend. I didnt make it out on the course. Our 20yard target was getting hammered so hard we needed to do something about it. We made and placed a double butt and had to move the other targets aound to make better use of the space. Come check out our 3 D next weekend.

Confucius

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 09:36:30 AM »
Looks good :tup:  I'll see you at the shoot.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 12:30:43 PM »
Last Night We had our "End of the Year Banquet" It was about a month later than normal. This is/was a members only Dinner where the Club supplied the Prime Rib Cooked by One of our Members Doug who never lets us down when we need some meat. He smoked the prime rib, and as usual it was awesome! We gave out some awards in addition to our potluck dinner, No shooting at this event just a chance for some good company and a great meal.

We usually have 3 potlucks a year Where the club supplies the Meat and drinks, many people bring in game that they have shot, or fish they have caught.  Our Thanksgiving and Christmas Potlucks we have shooting games for the adults and kids. If you buy a family membership and attend all 3 functions you will nearly get your dues back in the meat you eat!

Come Join us at the club house tomorrow night for some indoor shooting. the 2nd and 4th Monday at 6:30 till...8-9pmi*censored*s open and we shoot an indoor game called Flint rounds. Its fun and great practice. Hope to see you there!

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »
Our 3d shoot was a sucess. We had about 158 shooters on Saturday and seventy some on Sunday. I had to work so I only shot today.

Confucius

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »
That shoot was a lot of fun :tup:

Offline lostbackpacker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 01:16:45 PM »
That shoot was a lot of fun :tup:

I agree.  My son and I had a good time.  Saw a guy blow up(hit one of the two trees) an arrow on that standing bear target!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:25:30 PM by lostbackpacker »
It is what you meant it to be...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]