collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Silver Arrow Bowmen (Mount Vernon)  (Read 94320 times)

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: Silver Arrow Bowmen (Mount Vernon)
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2016, 01:16:58 PM »
 :bash:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2016, 01:18:13 PM »
I got a good response from Parks saying they've asked Pac. Quarry for another proposal/option.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2016, 05:48:51 PM »
Here are some pictures from our traditional shoot. I didn't keep score but shot pretty good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2016, 07:08:48 PM »
That  has happened a couple times before ..I will send an email too .......! Only place left in the valley where we can enjoy shooting our bows .. The parks and recreation should understand more than anyone !!!  You would think !

Times in this valley are seriously changing ..They do not want us doing anything that we enjoy doing ..Used to drive in the mountains and enjoy the scenery ..hunt almost anywhere you wanted ..they are slowly shutting us down on everything ...I hear the echo of the East Coast calling me ...Come home, come home !! :dunno:

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2016, 07:01:14 AM »
William King is the new parks and Recreation director and does not come from that background. He is retired navy as I understand. The City had been with out a director for over a year before they hired King.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2016, 09:35:47 AM »
Silver Arrow Bowman is having an Open House in october. Anyone who wants to check out our range or try shooting for the first time should come. We will have bows to shoot and some beginning instruction at the indoor range/clubhouse. There will be more details coming soon. Please follow us on Facebook  and share the open house & upcoming shoot information. Our job of educating  the new parks director as well as the city council. It is imperative that we get the word out to as many Mount Vernon city residences as possible.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:15:29 PM by Special T »

Confucius

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2016, 10:29:08 PM »
 :tup: 
Every time I'm up there I'm amazed at the amount of people who hit the range. I see folks from whidbey, Seattle, Everett, bham, bc.
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline sumpnz

• Scout
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2016, 01:35:04 AM »
My 10 year old shoots there with the 4-H JOAD group.  He also built his own longbow at the WAJAM clinic last summer.  Good luck with getting it all sorted out.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2016, 10:11:34 AM »
I wanted to give a big THANK YOU! To all of you who wrote the MV mayor and parks director Bill King. Our president and couple of officers meet with the mayor and King. I'm proud to report that King reported he recieved over 100 emails regaurding the club! While my name was omitted the SAB officers were asked to not inflame the situation by posting on social media. Fortunately I'm no longer an officer and can say whatever I like (but I was an officer for many years).  The mayor and King wanted the officers to sign some paperwork altering our lease. They were quite taken back at the responce of the officers. "Our lawyer has told us to sign nothing but we'll get back to you." Apparently they thought we were gona bring a knife to a gunfight or something.

If you are  a City of Mount Vernon  resident and use the course please join! Memberships are HALF PRICE! A family membership from now till the end of the year is $30 $10 of that is the initiation fee. A single membership is $25. The residents of MV vote for the mayor and city council  they pay attention.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »
THANK YOU! To all those who came out and shot at the club this weekend. I gave up an offering to the Archery gods on a couple of the steel targets but managed to hit the flying pig and the mosquito.  It was a little warm but I got my shooting in early.

I'll keep you all posted for next year's shoots after the WSAA convention in october.

Confucius

Offline WAnoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2016, 10:19:44 AM »
Silver Arrow Bowman is having an Open House in october. Anyone who wants to check out our range or try shooting for the first time should come. We will have bows to shoot and some beginning instruction at the indoor range/clubhouse. There will be more details coming soon. Please follow us on Facebook  and share the open house & upcoming shoot information. Our job of educating  the new parks director as well as the city council. It is imperative that we get the word out to as many Mount Vernon city residences as possible.

Do you know the dates of this open house? I planning on getting into archery this fall and I live in Bellingham. Thank you!
AK 907

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2016, 10:49:44 AM »
The dates have not yet been set but will likely be set at our business meeting in October. (First Monday of the month). If your a Facebooker like the page. I will post the details here when they are available.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2016, 03:45:14 PM »
I wanted give an update as to our wrangling with the City parks department.  We have agreed upon a deal that has minimal impact on our course. We will only need to move 2 targets slightly. This deal came about  after much wrangling with the City. Several attempts were made by Bill King and the city to get the club to enter agreements that would undermine our legal lease. Fortunately  we were able to assess the quality of character we were dealing with and made sure we did nothing without our lawyer. While it cost us come $ we are in a good position till the end of our lease. Another 5years or so.

We are upping our game at Silver Arrow to do more community outreach so that more Mount Vernon residents know of the service we provide...

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »
Just want to bump this up. New year so we are all renewing memberships. $10 initiation $30 single $40 family. I've been a member for over 10 years and I don't think you can join a better Archery club especially for the price! Our first Club meeting is tonight  at 7pm.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2017, 03:35:59 PM »
A few picks from the shoot and tear down. Good to see Drock out on the course. We had a good turnout for the weekend, and it was our first marked yardage shoot. People seemed to like it so we will likely do more in the future.

We also had the Matthew's bow out  selling tickets for the MV PD offer that was shot. I heard they sold some more tickets. If you want one Call or visit Riverside Archery  in Mount Vernon.

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10