collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone hunted Bonners Ferry area?  (Read 2255 times)

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
Anyone hunted Bonners Ferry area?
« on: November 21, 2013, 03:13:34 PM »
So I still have a deer tag for Idaho and me and a buddy are thinking of going up to the Bonners Ferry area over thanksgiving to try and fill our tags. I have worked in the area and seen a ton of deer on private land but never been out in the woods around there. Im wondering if anyone has hunted that area and if you would be willing to point us in the right direction to start.

Offline jeffro

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Anyone hunted Bonners Ferry area?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »
Depending on the amount of snow, most, if not all the whitetails will be in the valley (all private).
But there may be some mulies still up in the hills, again dependent on snow amounts.
Take a look up towards Noman Nose (west of Bonners) for some public land, its the only part of that area I know but it carries bucks until the snow is chest high.
A snowmobile or  good quad would be a good idea to cover that winter wonderland.
Good luck
One shot. One kill!

Offline elkontherun

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 10:44:31 PM »
I have been hunting in Bombers for 11 years now we mostly hunt private ground but have also done well on forest service land out on boundary creek right on the Canadian border. Don't hunt out there any more because we can usually find good bucks on the land we have permission to hunt on.  Also we used to do good out Dawson ridge but haven't been up there for a few years. Good luck let us know how you do. I have been here since Wednesday seen bucks every day and we killed a couple small bucks to fill our first tag now we are looking for that wall hanger.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 11:01:55 PM »
I have been hunting in Bombers for 11 years now we mostly hunt private ground but have also done well on forest service land out on boundary creek right on the Canadian border. Don't hunt out there any more because we can usually find good bucks on the land we have permission to hunt on.  Also we used to do good out Dawson ridge but haven't been up there for a few years. Good luck let us know how you do. I have been here since Wednesday seen bucks every day and we killed a couple small bucks to fill our first tag now we are looking for that wall hanger.
Are there a lot of people there right now?

Offline elkontherun

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 05:47:59 AM »
All we are hunting is private ground so we don't see anyone. But we are hearing lots of shooting so I'd say there is plenty of people hunting.

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 07:09:12 AM »
Lots of people....   This is the local's favorite hunt so ALL the locals will be out getting their winter meat.  If you think you will be alone that will be a poor assumption on your part.  I have a friend that lives over there.   There house of full of hunters from this state.  They say it is busy...   
275 down 2

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 07:45:19 AM »
Thanks for the info given guys! have alot of good starting points and plenty of places to bounce around to and try out. Lots of hunters is not always a bad thing in areas, yeah you have the potential of bumping into people nut the way I see it more hunters in the woods means more animals being moved around as well= better chance of seeing deer. :dunno: Just the way i see it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]