collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Do you think there are any legal bulls left in RYDERWOOD?  (Read 3952 times)

Offline 1bowhunter1

• WORK?
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Do you think there are any legal bulls left in RYDERWOOD?
« on: November 07, 2008, 05:50:49 PM »
I've heard that ryderwood has been hit pretty hard this year.  I was wondering if it would be a waist of time to hunt that unit.  I have done good up there in the past late seasons, but I've never heard this much kill rate before.  I know there are big bucks up there still I just hope what I am hearing is not true.   I love this sight and just want to take my hat off to the poeple that run it....Thanks so much!!
The wife said if I go hunting 1 more time, she's going 2 leave me!!  Gosh I'm gonna miss her.

Offline Houndhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: Do you think there are any legal bulls left in RYDERWOOD?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »
it gets hit hard every year, thats why you dont see alota really big bulls in there. i'll be hitting it late season for sure atleast once for archery, not sure if you have a rifle tag cause then its a lil tougher

Offline SCRUBS

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »
I used to hunt that area about 15yrs ago, right outside of the town Ryderwood, are the gates open during archery season? Early and late?

Offline TikkaT3-270Shortmag

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 09:20:47 PM »
It has been hit hard.  The early bow and muzzy's didnt kill many but the rifle hunters have slaughter any that are left.  I wouldn't go there in the late season it will be a zoo and alot of the elk that are left go onto private property.  If your just looking to fill the freezer and cow hunting in the late season you should be able to find some if you look hard enough.

Offline Dameion

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »
I think there is a misnomer that this unit doesn't hold many animals...This unit is huge and very spread out.  I know we hunt the same small area in it every year and do very well.  Just like any unit there are some real nice inaccesable areas that the rifle hunters hardly ever touch.  I am sure there are still a good number of bulls left.  The area we hunt can't be 20 square miles and we saw over 10 legal bulls in our 6 day hunt.  Good luck to you in late season!!!

Offline 1bowhunter1

• WORK?
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 04:36:47 PM »
Same to you!!  I wish all hunters great hunting....I can only hope and pray for meat in the freezzeee!!  I am not really a trophy hunter just like to feed the family.  Thanks for the report
The wife said if I go hunting 1 more time, she's going 2 leave me!!  Gosh I'm gonna miss her.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal