collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: YJ Guide Service Goose hunt  (Read 11417 times)

Offline JJD

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, DU
Re: YJ Guide Service Goose hunt
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »
They must have some good land with trash decoys.

It is all about location, location, location.  That is one thing you need to figure out in the start of your goose hunting effort.
:yeah:

You can have dozens of primo stuffers and a world class caller, but if you are not where the geese wanna be, your success will be very limited.  When I say "where they wanna be", I'm not talkin the general area, I'm talkin "the" spot.  After the geese leave the field they are feeding in, we will go out and find their droppings and mark it with a GPS.  There were times when we spotted them with binocs and figured we knew where they were, the next AM in the dark with a little fog, we wandered around for the better part of an hour trying to find "the" spot.  We probably spend upwards of 8 hrs scouting for every hour of hunting.
Spent most of my $$ on huntin, fishin & retrievin dogs, the rest I just pretty much wasted.

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 12:09:47 PM »
hdshot

Why make fun of a guys decoys? Last time I checked, as long as your bringing in the birds the quality of decoys doesn't matter. I would use blowup decoys if it meant me and buddy each shooting a limit of geese.

Anyone who gets on here and starts asking for paying clients and not friends are going to get some punch lines on here.  There are other ways to get free advertising such as craig's list.  I don't know these guys but IMO are just trying to get a few clients to fund their hunting. 
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline rb2506

• Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 12:12:39 PM »
They are site sponsors I thought, therefor they pay for advertising

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

tagged out and going to town

Offline ellensburgpo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, NWTF
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »
They are a paying sponsor of the website HD, don't think I'm going out on a limb to say they can advertise on here...
KCCO

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 12:23:27 PM »
hdshot

Why make fun of a guys decoys? Last time I checked, as long as your bringing in the birds the quality of decoys doesn't matter. I would use blowup decoys if it meant me and buddy each shooting a limit of geese.

Anyone who gets on here and starts asking for paying clients and not friends are going to get some punch lines on here.  There are other ways to get free advertising such as craig's list.  I don't know these guys but IMO are just trying to get a few clients to fund their hunting.
Like has already been said, site sponsor..they pay to advertise on this site already...not much different that any other sponsor etc...   :dunno:       
What are you new?? :chuckle:
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 12:26:25 PM »
hdshot

Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline hntrspud

• Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA DU RMEF Washington for Wildlife SVEF
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 12:41:53 PM »
Nice job! Like to get a hunt like that sometime.  :tup:

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 01:46:12 PM »
hdshot

Like has already been said, site sponsor..they pay to advertise on this site already...not much different that any other sponsor etc...   :dunno:       
What are you new?? :chuckle:

What I can tell you is, on the home page reads waterfowl ducks, geese, and other waterfowl.  Nothing reads paid sponsor advertising theads.  Banners fine, but if you want all the threads gummed up with sponsors wanting paying clients then just keep calling me new please because don't want to be your know it all.
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 02:00:40 PM »
Wasn't the title descriptive enough to tell you that the thread was about guided hunts?
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline sakoshooter

• WFW Board of Directors
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Life Memberr NRA, Life Member Sumner Sportsmans Association
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 05:47:27 PM »
Maybe I'm not to smart but how do you shoot two(2) limits of geese in 45 minutes and post pics on a public forum to brag about it w/phone number and truck license in the pic?
"We" is plural. :chuckle:

I gotta be really dumb I guess cuz I call 8 geese for two(2) hunters one(1) limit of birds. Or, "We shot our limit".
Quite a few times over the years I've limited w/buddies. I never told anyone we shot 6,7 or 8 limits. I simply said we shot our limit. A limit.
Sorry for the confusion everyone. Just wanted to clarify since I figured his buddy was taking the pic.
Rhinelander, WI
Home of the Hodag

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 05:55:05 PM »
Wish I lived closer......   I'd love to shoot a limit behind those "trashy" decoys.      :tup:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Spuddieselwwu

• Spuddieselwwu
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, NRA, RMEF
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 06:47:55 PM »

Why are there so many haters on this site? Good guys trying to make a living, doing something that they (and we) love. No need to trash them, why do that?

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »

Why are there so many haters on this site? Good guys trying to make a living, doing something that they (and we) love. No need to trash them, why do that?

It's just this thread, and I was wondering that myself. On the plus side, they're all keeping this at the top so more people see it. Best thing that could happen for YJ Guide Service. Without everyone picking his post apart, this thread would be buried by now.   :chuckle:

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 06:52:17 PM »

I really think it's a small minority that tend to distort the good.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline YJ Guide Service

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
    • YJ Guide Service
    • YJ Guide Service
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 07:39:19 PM »
As a paid sponsor we are aloud to post threads with our name and phone number to advertise our business's. That's why we have to pay money to advertise on here. If a business didn't pay to be a sponsor then they wouldn't be able to post a thread like this one im sure. I posted a report on how we did hunting and to let people know we offer goose hunting, I don't see where the problem is with this. I pay my money to advertise on here just like all the other sponsors on here.
YJ Guide Service owner/guide

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter