collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Letter to Raffle Tag REPOSTED!!!!!  (Read 30945 times)

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
Letter to Raffle Tag REPOSTED!!!!!
« on: January 03, 2014, 08:34:02 AM »
To make sure you hard core super cool dudes that think i'm full of it because I deleted my post dont loose it i'll repost it. or as close to it as I can.

Raffle tag holder

You and your guide met me in the Dayton unit during archery season. I was calling in a rag bull in a canyon off of the rainwater ground. You and your guide walked up on me talking in normal voice and scared away the bull that was until that point coming in on a string. I spoke with you the entire walk back to the truck. You told me you were bear hunting and then both of you seemed very interested in what elk I had seen. We parted ways at the road and you drove past me as I walked back to my truck. Later that night i returned to the area and chose to hunt the other side of the road as your truck was back in the same place. I didn’t want you walking back into my setup talking and messing it up again. Just before dark my hunting partner and I heard a series of rifle shots. I assumed that you killed a bear. At my truck I was met by a man that told me he just saw a guy shoot a bull with a rifle. The next day while hunting the same area I ran into another tag holder who had just came from and photographed the headless carcass of said bull. At first it seemed as if it was a poached animal. Due to the bad vibe I was given the day before I called WDFW and reported our encounter and told them of what the other men had told me. To my relief I later found that you in fact were ELK hunting and doing so legally with a raffle tag. I do however question your tactics on handling meat as it was late into the morning when I met with the hunter who showed me the photos and when I left that afternoon no trucks were parked anywhere around. I found out the meat had been packed out but it is my opinion that it was not in time for it to be good. It was left in heat well above the 80 degree mark. It seems the head, cape, and horns where treated far better than the meat.  You sir are a killer not a sportsman or hunter. You do not positively represent the sportsman community. It is action like this which will give anti-hunting groups ammo that could shut down this sport for everybody including the wealthy. You would be wise to think about how you handle down game in your future hunting excursions.   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:29:08 PM by CoryTDF »
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline jason stevens

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: To the Raffle Elk tag holder.....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 08:49:40 AM »
Wow, well said and sorry you had to deal with that. Just remember karma is out there for those whoddon't respect what we love.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 08:49:53 AM »
 :camp:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Elkrunner

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 08:53:25 AM »
bummer

Offline huntergreg

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 08:58:21 AM »
 :yike:

Offline nw_bowhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 08:59:45 AM »
Was the raffle tag holder not suppose to use a rifle? Is the issue about poaching or more about the lack of respect and the way the tag holder acted?

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 09:01:30 AM »
 :camp: sounds like a story I'd like to hear both sides of
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Eli346

• Eli
  • Past Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 09:12:57 AM »
 Sounds like a story about complete disrespect for anyone and anything in the woods, period. Like it was said; I believe in karma also. That was complete balderdash to hunt like that. Sorry about your bad experience but thanks for sharing that information. I don't think he'll be posting a reply anytime soon.

Offline HntnFsh

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 09:18:29 AM »

Me too. Sounds like could be more to the story. Could it possibly have been somebody else's truck. Or another person not involved with that crew. Guess I'm guilty of talking when I'm walking out of the woods too. Understand your frustration. But to much missing here to jump to conclusions.

Offline LittleJohn

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 09:33:31 AM »

Ya that,  :tup: :twocents:

Offline washingtonmuley

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 09:41:15 AM »
Are you talking about the bull that was posted on this site and killed using Mossback as the guide?

Offline LittleJohn

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 09:41:42 AM »

Me too. Sounds like could be more to the story. Could it possibly have been somebody else's truck. Or another person not involved with that crew. Guess I'm guilty of talking when I'm walking out of the woods too. Understand your frustration. But to much missing here to jump to conclusions.

I must admit that I have walked in on other hunters set-ups by accident. And I talk to my hunting partners when we walk in the woods. And if I had a raffle tag in my pocket I probably would not be telling anyone about it, especially some random hunter I met in the woods. I might even ask said random hunter if he had seen any bulls in the area.

I have left multiple bulls in the woods over night in 90 degree weather. Quartered in the shade and come back the next day to pack out.  :twocents: :twocents:

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 09:44:02 AM »
Was the raffle tag holder not suppose to use a rifle? Is the issue about poaching or more about the lack of respect and the way the tag holder acted?

Repect..
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Offline CamoDup

• Longhunter
  • Aint here for a long time. Here for a good time
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 09:44:17 AM »
Sounds like this guy needs to be kicked *censored* if it was in fact him. But I'm curious to know how you know for certain that Mr. Raffle tag guy was the one that shot the bull? 

profanity removed
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:43:11 PM by bearpaw »

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »

I must admit that I have walked in on other hunters set-ups by accident. And I talk to my hunting partners when we walk in the woods. And if I had a raffle tag in my pocket I probably would not be telling anyone about it, especially some random hunter I met in the woods. I might even ask said random hunter if he had seen any bulls in the area.

I have left multiple bulls in the woods over night in 90 degree weather. Quartered in the shade and come back the next day to pack out.  :twocents: :twocents:

I did the same with mine. Left it overnight but was there right at daylight to pack it out. Elk meat is like gold no way i would risk letting it spoil. I have walked up on others as well but I don't just talk outloud while walking out of an area unless I'm packing out meat. I'm pretty damn sure that his meat was bad by the time they got out it though :twocents:

Are you talking about the bull that was posted on this site and killed using Mossback as the guide?
Yes

Ya that,  :tup: :twocents:

What other side is there???? Legally he did nothing wrong. But why lie to a fellow hunter?
CoryTDF

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10