collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Potholes area.  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Sportfury

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Potholes area.
« on: November 09, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »
My son has been bugging me to go quail hunting and we decided to head to the east side yesterday. We got a late start because I had to pick up my last strike check. I was going to head to an area in E-burg I know of, but it was still wet, so I decided to head over by Moses Lake. With it being so wet I knew the little buggers could be anywhere. We hiked our butts off and got into one covey. Fortunately, we missed three times and found out someone has already trained the little buggers to fly up and over the next hill (which we had just come down) and out of sight to never be found again (yes we went back up that hill). Got back to the truck after five+ hours out with probably five to seven miles put in. My son was dog tired and the dog was starting to stay with us on the way back. I think everyone was happy to see the truck especially the eleven year-old stomach since somebody forgot to bring snacks with us (wonder who that was). It was a good day with three cow elk, two owls, countless birds of prey, and one covey of quail seen.     

Offline long-shot

• Tracker
Re: Potholes area.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »
just cuious, where did you see the cow elk at? were they over by moses lake?

Offline Sportfury

• Sourdough
Re: Potholes area.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 04:43:32 PM »
just cuious, where did you see the cow elk at? were they over by moses lake?

No, I would have been suprised if I saw cow elk over there. We were just heading up out of North Bend on I-90. That first big bend after exit 34 (truck stop). They were standing right next to the guard rail eating. A guy pulling a boat even pulled over right next to them and they just gawked at him from three feet away and went back to feeding.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal