collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Future Changes for Washington State  (Read 12044 times)

Offline littletoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • old fart
Re: Future Changes for Washington State
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 07:55:35 AM »
I personly like the idea of youths and over 65 able to take does. I also don't mind the 3 point minimum either, I've always had a personal restriction that does not allow me to shoot anything smaller anyway, but its useless unless everyone sticks to it, including muzzle loaders and bowmen, or any other modern firearm hunter. NOT includeing antlerless.

We have too many does in many areas.

The sad part, we have too many office staff in the F & W Department, we need more field enforcement. Laws mean nothing unless they can be enforced.
"The People of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Online Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 08:36:49 AM »
I think the draw will be split betweeen antlerless and antlered, maybe some "quality" buck and bull permits as well.

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/stiknstring.bow
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 09:16:48 AM »

Myself, I see major changes in the muzzy regs.

Sage

I agree.  We will have 209 primers, jacketed bullets, increased season lengths, and more draw tags.  400 sqare and crowded woods? why not keep it primitive to keep the masses in modern?
The mountains are calling and I must go."
- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
- John Burroughs
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor Trainer

sisu

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 04:11:26 PM »
I personly like the idea of youths and over 65 able to take does. I also don't mind the 3 point minimum either, I've always had a personal restriction that does not allow me to shoot anything smaller anyway, but its useless unless everyone sticks to it, including muzzle loaders and bowmen, or any other modern firearm hunter. NOT includeing antlerless.

We have too many does in many areas.

The sad part, we have too many office staff in the F & W Department, we need more field enforcement. Laws mean nothing unless they can be enforced.
AND SOME BIOLOGISTS THAT ACTUALLY LIKE HUNTING AND FISHING NOT GRANOLA GRINDERS THAT WANT TO CAUSE PROBLEMS

Offline Palmer

• Scout
  • Educated from the wilderness
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 09:30:47 PM »
After hunting North Idaho and 113 I noticed the deer population was down.  So there were more hunters because many had not gotten their deer yet.  I heard less shooting and out of the shots I heard, they sounded like misses and several shots at a time (usually means they sort a missed or wounded).  We ( 3 of us) personally saw over a 6 day period:
6+ does, anterless                          Whitetail
1 buck   1 yo       2x3 point              WT
2 bucks  2 yo  4 point and 5 point      WT
3 bucks app. 5 yo  4 pt, and 5 pt      WT
1 buck  app. 8 yo   3 pt                   WT

Last year we saw 25+ does, anterless and 2 that were a year and a half old as well as 3 mature bucks 4 - 5 years old. 

Because of the lower population and if we have another severe snow pack, the WDFW may change the regs for harvesting does and not issue doe permits until the pop. climbs up.  After all, if predators don't have enough yearlings and fawns to eat, they'll start coming after the neighbors poodle or cat.

Offline Bofire

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 07:29:43 AM »
higher taxes, more social programs, more restrictions on working americans, HUGE deficet, "hiking" areas closed to hunting/shooting.
3 point minimum on Whitetail in the 100 units, extreme price hikes on hunting shooting equip.
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline guyg

• Pilgrim
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 07:43:26 PM »
I'd like a few changes to the Muzzleloader regs. I think a reemphasis on primitive weapons is in order. Return to no sabots, no primers, exposed nipples, no scopes or fiber, and shoot does or bucks in whatever unit you're in. Newer "muzzleloaders" with scopes and primers and such should go modern, and try and compete with my old .30-30.  Frankly, they ain't up to it.

Other changes: fact is, this group in guovernment, republican or democrat, has chosen security over freedom. So, we'll be safe from lead hazards just as we are from Al Qaeda. Feel happy?

And at the end, there's way more of us bozos then there were 20 years ago. Frankly, I haven't cared for a lot I've seen in the woods over the last couple of years, if you really want to know that's why private land is in effect closed to hunting, unless you pay.  If you want decent hunting, you need to be a decent hunter. And there are bloody few right now.

It's the same with birddogs and regs..you own what you condone.  Me, I turn in poachers, and I report slob hunters, y'all have ruined what we had, and I bet it's gone forever. :twocents:

Offline MountainWalk

• "Pa Nevermissashot"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • High lead logger/ cutter
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 09:25:47 PM »
guy, I agree with you on the ML thing.

The way that you wander, is the way that you choose
The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose

Offline logger

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2008, 09:08:48 AM »
we can't use scopes in wa. or sealed breeches and we can't shoot does in all the the very limited availiable units that are open
go ahead on er.

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/stiknstring.bow
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 10:42:26 AM »
I'd like a few changes to the Muzzleloader regs. I think a reemphasis on primitive weapons is in order. Return to no sabots, no primers, exposed nipples, no scopes or fiber, and shoot does or bucks in whatever unit you're in. Newer "muzzleloaders" with scopes and primers and such should go modern, and try and compete with my old .30-30.  Frankly, they ain't up to it.

Other changes: fact is, this group in guovernment, republican or democrat, has chosen security over freedom. So, we'll be safe from lead hazards just as we are from Al Qaeda. Feel happy?

And at the end, there's way more of us bozos then there were 20 years ago. Frankly, I haven't cared for a lot I've seen in the woods over the last couple of years, if you really want to know that's why private land is in effect closed to hunting, unless you pay.  If you want decent hunting, you need to be a decent hunter. And there are bloody few right now.

It's the same with birddogs and regs..you own what you condone.  Me, I turn in poachers, and I report slob hunters, y'all have ruined what we had, and I bet it's gone forever. :twocents:
:yeah:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I agree Primitive should be primitive, Archery, muzzleloader whatever, If it has been modernized it is modern now matter what projectile it delivers. Our fathers fought to have the privilege (yes I said privilege) to hunt with primitive weapons and prove that they are capable of harvesting game, not to harvest game but to have the unique experience of hunting with a primitive weapon. The reasons were not for meat, bragging,or even the ability to "tag out" they were for the camaraderie of hunting with like-minded sportsmen, the pleasure of the equipment in itself, and reminiscing a bygone era. Today it is all about results and the attempt to impress the guys at the bar, not respect to the sport and the animals we hunt. If you think your equipment is too limiting use a weapon you are capable of using properly, primitive weapons and seasons are meant to be limiting, that is their only purpose. If we do not keep them limited then we will have no reason for seperate seasons and we will be out in the woods with everyone else and run the risk of being shot by some irresponsible idiot that has no right to have a dangerous weapon in his hands in the first place ( 2 in Washington this year1)
The mountains are calling and I must go."
- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
- John Burroughs
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor Trainer

Online CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 04:11:31 PM »
What’s with all the animosity between weapon groups?  :dunno: We are all hunters, let’s get along.  Use a weapon or weapons that you enjoy and stop trying to legislate what others use.

It’s recreation, and it’s supposed to be fun.  :chuckle:

Offline elkaholic_74

• PETA = people eating tasty animals
  • Hunter
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »
I tell you what I dont see changing is holding the tribal hunters and tribal wildlife managers (wow is that an oxymoron?) accountable.
If you dont like guns...DONT BUY ONE!!

Offline Palmer

• Scout
  • Educated from the wilderness
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 06:02:16 AM »
I see changes for whitetail in the 101 - 124 units.   No anterless for certain categories, no doe tags, and 3 point minimum for modern firearm.  These changes may not be permanant.

I see there are no doe tags for 113.  I wonder if this will spread to other units.

Offline Jamieb

• Past Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »
I bet we'll see bear season go the way of cougar season.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 05:10:46 AM »
I see changes for whitetail in the 101 - 124 units.   No anterless for certain categories, no doe tags, and 3 point minimum for modern firearm.  These changes may not be permanant.

May not be.....
Like spike only on the Colockum? Oh yeah that wasn't pemanent....it's now "true spike" only
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech