collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Warning for Kapowsin shed hunters UPDATED WITH FORMAL ANSWER  (Read 22548 times)

Offline funkster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Warning for Kapowsin shed hunters UPDATED WITH FORMAL ANSWER
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2014, 10:05:59 AM »
It really doesn't matter what state law says about shed hunting being legal, it's hancocks land and if they say NO shed hunting on their land, then it's no shed hunting.

With that said, I believe what Clyde said and how the OP interpreted it is just a communication break down. For those that don't know, "wildlife escapement" areas that are usually closed(gated) are open to spring bear tag hunters only.  I believe Clyde was trying to keep the shed hunting for motorized spring bear tag holders and yearly access pass holders(walk in only)fair.
If you want to make it,
you can't fake it,
you gotta live it.

"Lynch would serve him up about 5 yards of new-age-football reverse propulsion."- Bullkllr

“Patrick Mahomes is what Seahawks fans think Russell Wilson is.”

Offline woodman

• Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 03:59:05 PM »
It really doesn't matter what state law says about shed hunting being legal, it's hancocks land and if they say NO shed hunting on their land, then it's no shed hunting.

With that said, I believe what Clyde said and how the OP interpreted it is just a communication break down. For those that don't know, "wildlife escapement" areas that are usually closed(gated) are open to spring bear tag hunters only.  I believe Clyde was trying to keep the shed hunting for motorized spring bear tag holders and yearly access pass holders(walk in only)fair.

I appreciate you trying to say what others meant but I was there and you weren't. There was no communication break down. I wrote to the office exactly as you say that you think Clyde meant. I even mentioned it as being a perk of having that Spring Bear permit. The response was a long as you have a valid motorized permit, you are allowed to collect them. I had the conversation with Clyde, nothing lost in information transfer between people and also I have the written communications.

Offline fillthefreezer

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • @adventure_sd
Re: Warning for Kapowsin shed hunters
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
If it's like anywhere else in western Washington, finding a shed is about a once every ten years kind of event.
unless youre woodman  :chuckle:
he about needed a fullsize truck to haul all of last years sheds  8)

Offline MLhunter1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2014, 06:11:32 PM »
Talked to clyde this afternoon.  He said he WILL take any sheds he finds from the spring bear hunters and will remove their pass and key.  His main concern was the guys finding them in the roads behind the walk in areas from their vehicle since some of the wildlife escapement gates will be open to the spring bear guys.  Only applies to spring bear guys behind the escapement gates.

Offline woodman

• Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 07:28:44 PM »
Talked to clyde this afternoon.  He said he WILL take any sheds he finds from the spring bear hunters and will remove their pass and key.  His main concern was the guys finding them in the roads behind the walk in areas from their vehicle since some of the wildlife escapement gates will be open to the spring bear guys.  Only applies to spring bear guys behind the escapement gates.

Maybe he trumps the front office?

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
Re: Warning for Kapowsin shed hunters
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2014, 07:33:25 PM »
Yeah him :pee:, he's blowing so much smoke up ur a$$ ur gunna $hit beef jerky...
:chuckle: :chuckle: :tup:

Offline Thehowler

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2014, 08:56:25 PM »
Is this guy for real, and what is it to him? It's a animal shed, big deal. He is hired to make sure everyone is following safety rules, not make up goofy ones on his own. Geeez.
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 08:56:59 PM »

Maybe he trumps the front office?
:yeah:
He sure talks big.

sent from my typewriter

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline MLhunter1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »
In the end the hancock office makes the calls of course.  But in the meantime sounds like clyde will remove a pass and cause a guy to work with the office to get it back.  If they would allow us full pass holders drive behind the gates with the spring bear guys I would not have a problem with the bear guys grabbin sheds.  But there are sheds all over the farm, plenty for everyone who is willing to work for em.  Clyde likes to strutt his feathers. 

Offline D.Prociw

• Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »
In the end the hancock office makes the calls of course.  But in the meantime sounds like clyde will remove a pass and cause a guy to work with the office to get it back.  If they would allow us full pass holders drive behind the gates with the spring bear guys I would not have a problem with the bear guys grabbin sheds.  But there are sheds all over the farm, plenty for everyone who is willing to work for em.  Clyde likes to strutt his feathers. 

I would like to see Clyde try to take someones pass based on His own Will and desires. Seems to me that his job would be on the line if He pulled a stunt like that.
We as permit holders spend good money to not be harassed and looked at as if where always hiding something. My advise to anyone who has sheds in there truck and Clyde talking to you would be, Go talk to the office and management and No I'm not giving you my Pass and Key.

Offline MLhunter1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2014, 05:15:42 PM »
Once again, this only applies to spring bear pass holders.  Not the rest of us with an annual pass.  Clyde has taken many a passes away for petty reasons.  Office returns the pass after a week or two.   

Offline MLhunter1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
No sheds found today.  Too wet for me. 

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
Can this old fart search your vehicles, no. He does not own the animals or horns/antlers. If he says differently, tell him to pound sand and leave.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline funkster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
Can this old fart search your vehicles, no. He does not own the animals or horns/antlers. If he says differently, tell him to pound sand and leave.

He doesn't own the animals or their antlers. He is hired to patrol/enforce rules on hancocks  PRIVATE PROPERTY they allow the public access for a fee. 

I believe what he is trying to do is good thing, keep it fair for all.

Like it has already been stated, these escapement areas are closed to motorized access to EVERYONE else except spring bear tag holders. I would bet Clyde would have zero problem with a spring bear tag holder picking up a shed if he WALKED into the escapement area!
If you want to make it,
you can't fake it,
you gotta live it.

"Lynch would serve him up about 5 yards of new-age-football reverse propulsion."- Bullkllr

“Patrick Mahomes is what Seahawks fans think Russell Wilson is.”

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »

He doesn't own the animals or their antlers. He is hired to patrol/enforce rules on hancocks  PRIVATE PROPERTY they allow the public access for a fee. 

I believe what he is trying to do is good thing, keep it fair for all.

Like it has already been stated, these escapement areas are closed to motorized access to EVERYONE else except spring bear tag holders. I would bet Clyde would have zero problem with a spring bear tag holder picking up a shed if he WALKED into the escapement area!

Ol' Clyde probably is doing what HE fells is right. I hunted Champion for years when Vern Estabrook was the guard at the gate. Now talk about an old, hard nosed geezer........... :tup: I lived 2 miles north of Kapowsin and would buy the yearly pass. It was a good place to go and hunt and go sight seeing for sure. I even hauled rock for Harry Hart when his pit was tiny.....
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal