collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Red, Green or White light??  (Read 990 times)

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
Red, Green or White light??
« on: January 12, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »
I have read a lot about coyotes seeing light and it seems that color doesn't matter, as far as their sight.  What is your guys experience and what color do you like.  I am looking at the "Wicked W401zf".  I like the white cause the range is significantly better than the red or green.  With that being said....if they white light effects yotes...then I would gladly go to green or red. 

Any help is appreciated.

jrebel

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
Re: Red, Green or White light??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
The coyotes around here will scatter like cockroaches when hit with a white light but stop and stare into a red one.  The problem is that with red it deos not shine as far and is harder to identify your target. It is a problem when hunting coyotes around cattle.  I haven't tried green for coyotes but have shined red, green and blue directly into deer's eyes from my treestand and none of them spooked them like white will.

Offline jayrod9528

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Team Maybe Next Time
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:01:34 PM »
I have read a lot about coyotes seeing light and it seems that color doesn't matter, as far as their sight.  What is your guys experience and what color do you like.  I am looking at the "Wicked W401zf".  I like the white cause the range is significantly better than the red or green.  With that being said....if they white light effects yotes...then I would gladly go to green or red. 

Any help is appreciated.

jrebel
In my opinion it does not matter that much. I have a nd3 laser genetics and I have killed coyotes. I have used a white spot light and have killed coyotes. For me and my brother inlaw we have found it is more how you use the light. The only difference is because the white light is brighter you need to move slower. With the green you can move around a little more with out them running. I prefer the white light my self. I just know to move slower and it works great. 
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »
I have found that it really does not matter what the light color is. If they have been educated then they are going to run no matter the color.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal