collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: “Zero Tolerance” policies are out of control  (Read 41959 times)

Offline huntrights

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: “Zero Tolerance” policies are out of control
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »

"Common Ground at Last? Finger-gun Wielding Obama Provides Lesson for America's Schools"
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150314/common-ground-at-last-finger-gun-wielding-obama-provides-lesson-for-americas-schools

Offline bigfoot13

• Tracker
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2015, 06:15:17 PM »
I am a young teenager, I am home schooled, I love fishing, I shot my first deer with my Dad when I was 7 years old, I enjoy guns, and I really want to start bow hunting. And nothing drives me up walls more than this. :bash:
"There are 2 days a year you cant control. Yesterday and tomorrow. Today is yours. What you do with today is up to you."

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2015, 06:40:22 PM »
The indoctrination of our kids in the Public school system is the reason my son has pulled all 5 of his out of the PS.  Also from what I understand of last nights school board meeting the Methow Public school system might be having a whole lot fewer kids here shortly even from what was attending as little as a Month ago
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:52:52 AM by Jingles »
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline 300rum

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2015, 08:00:04 PM »
It is hard for me to imagine that people still send their kids to public schools in the first place. 

Offline bigfoot13

• Tracker
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2015, 09:47:52 AM »
"And nothing drives me up walls more than this."

Well not this specifically, but all the political nonsense. I do believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the American colony broke away from Britain because of stupid laws like this. Like the one kid that went to jail when he told the teacher he would not change his shirt. What he did was perfectly legal and the right thing to do, but I think (I don't know, I'm not an expert) that they had no right what so ever to take him to jail, making what they did completely unlawful. Just like in many countries back then (1700s I think) where you could get thrown in jail just for saying something against the king or even remotely close, and it might not be that bad yet, but I'll bet it could get there, but I hope not.

Here is the link to the incident referred to above.

Jared Marcum: Eighth Grader Jailed For Wearing NRA T-Shirt to School
http://www.policymic.com/articles/37057/jared-marcum-eighth-grader-jailed-for-wearing-nra-t-shirt-to-school
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:01:36 AM by bigfoot13 »
"There are 2 days a year you cant control. Yesterday and tomorrow. Today is yours. What you do with today is up to you."

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2015, 10:05:36 AM »
It is hard for me to imagine that people still send their kids to public schools in the first place.

Why not? Shouldn't our youth be well rounded and get views from both sides? Knowledge is king, and the more education they get, the better informed they will be when critically thinking.

My daughter goes to a public high school in Tacoma. She told me yesterday in one of her classes they were discussing famous people that had visited the school recently, the teacher told them Jay Inslee had been there last week. My daughter said she was one of three kids in the class who knew who he was.

Now, this may or may not surprise you. :dunno: My point is, the rest of the class has not been taught who he is, (your point exactly), but my daughter did because education in my family doesn't begin and end in the school. It's up to us as parents to educate them as much as the schools do. If your kids are not learning then it's as much your fault as the schools. Myself, I want my kids learning what is being taught by liberals, it gives them a better understanding of how they think.

Keep your friends close.......right?

There is no better way for my kids to understand exactly what I'm talking about than to go see it in action, live, everyday at school. ;)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2015, 10:11:12 AM »
 :yeah:

Offline floatinghat

• Longhunter
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2015, 12:01:46 PM »

What's so hard?

My kids go to what are ranked as a couple of the "top" public HS in the state.  We feel they are getting a good education that meets their needs.  While they could be classified as more liberal than Dryside schools we moved to this community due to the schools, not the politics of the community.

Offline huntrights

• Sourdough
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2015, 01:37:50 PM »

"South Carolina Kids May Get Mandatory Gun Education
A GOP legislator hopes to foist NRA-approved lessons on squeamish educators."

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/01/13/south-carolina-kids-may-get-mandatory-gun-education

:twocents:
We need more of this since the application and abuse of zero tolerance policies are obviously out of control.  How about some mandatory Second Amendment education in our schools and for the anti-gun legislators in Washington State and in Washington D.C.?  All people, including anti-gun legislators, need to know that if one Amendment in our Bill of rights is trashed, then all of them are meaningless; our rights and freedoms, won through great sacrifice, will be nothing but memories.  If our rights and freedoms eventually disappear due to the incessant whittling away by "Liberal Progressives", maybe even they will regret their impassioned desire to "progress" away from the Constitution and Bill of Rights.  However, if that happens, it will be too late for all of us.

Regardless of your political affiliation, please work very hard to ensure only legislators and other elected officials (i.e. Governor, etc.) that will support and defend our Constitution and Bill of Rights will be elected and/or remain in office.  All others should not be in any position of power to control or regulate our lives.  Get involved, VOTE, contribute your time, contribute financially; individuals DO make a difference.  Our future depends on all freedom loving Americans to become engaged in the political process; sitting on the sidelines will only ensure more of our rights and freedoms will gradually disappear.
 :twocents:

Offline huntrights

• Sourdough
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2015, 07:02:10 PM »

Added to Examples on page 2:

Atlantic City, N.J. - May 2015

Mother Says Son Suspended Over Nerf Bullet In New Jersey
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/05/14/mother-says-son-suspended-over-toy-bullet/

Related Article:

Finger-gun Slinger in Chief Rides Again, Conveys Hopeful Message to America's Kids
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150522/finger-gun-slinger-in-chief-rides-again-conveys-hopeful-message-to-americas-kids

Offline Little Dave

• Sourdough
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2015, 12:34:38 AM »
If you teach a kid how to handle a gun safely and let him refine his marksmanship, he'll share what he's learned with other kids.  They want to know, it is as simple as that.  I have three kids in public school, so I'm doing my part to counter the tide of misinformation.

Kids are not craving irrational paranoia.  That happens much later in life.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2015, 08:56:44 AM »
If you teach a kid how to handle a gun safely and let him refine his marksmanship, he'll share what he's learned with other kids.  They want to know, it is as simple as that.  I have three kids in public school, so I'm doing my part to counter the tide of misinformation.

Kids are not craving irrational paranoia.  That happens much later in life.

:tup:

Offline SeaRun1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2015, 09:43:28 AM »

Why not? Shouldn't our youth be well rounded and get views from both sides? Knowledge is king, and the more education they get, the better informed they will be when critically thinking.

My daughter goes to a public high school in Tacoma. She told me yesterday in one of her classes they were discussing famous people that had visited the school recently, the teacher told them Jay Inslee had been there last week. My daughter said she was one of three kids in the class who knew who he was.

Now, this may or may not surprise you. :dunno: My point is, the rest of the class has not been taught who he is, (your point exactly), but my daughter did because education in my family doesn't begin and end in the school. It's up to us as parents to educate them as much as the schools do. If your kids are not learning then it's as much your fault as the schools. Myself, I want my kids learning what is being taught by liberals, it gives them a better understanding of how they think.

Keep your friends close.......right?

There is no better way for my kids to understand exactly what I'm talking about than to go see it in action, live, everyday at school. ;)

I couldn't agree more.  I think a lot of the complaining about the school system that is endemic on this board comes from guys that didn't do well in school or were problems.  They carry the grudge into their "adult" lives and spread their gospel of how it is onto their offspring. 

SR1

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2015, 10:14:54 AM »
I haven't been out of the public school system that long (graduated on 04). I remember my friends and I getting harassed about our wallet chains on almost a daily basis claiming they were classified as weapons. I asked to see this list of weapons that they kept referring to, when its was given to me all it said was "no weapons on school grounds", yeah it was that general. at which point I pulled a #2 pencil and a pair of scissors out of my pocket and said "there take these too then, they are dangerous weapons".

Needless to say we went around and around for a few weeks and finally they lost interest. but its been getting out of hand long before that.

P.S. I also had a teacher try and send me home for wearing a Hooters shirt...they didn't win that one either  :chuckle:
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter.

Offline huntrights

• Sourdough
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »
Just to maintain the focus of this thread; it isn't about our schools it's about abuse of zero tolerance policies regarding guns, perceived weapons, perceived threats, etc. in schools around the country. 

Children may fall victim to this type of “Zero Tolerance” abuse if they do something that falls into one of these categories (to name a few):

1)   Brandishing a pastry or other food which is partially consumed in such a way that the remnant resembles a gun;
2)   Possession of a toy gun which is two inches or less;
3)   Possession of a toy gun made of plastic snap together building blocks;
4)   Using a finger or hand to simulate a gun;
5)   Vocalizing imaginary firearms or munitions;
6)   Wearing a T-shirt that supports Second Amendment rights;
7)   Drawing a picture of, or possessing an image of, a firearm; or
8.)   Using a pencil, pen or other writing utensil to simulate a firearm.
9) Possessing a piece of paper cut or torn into a shape that may resemble a gun.
10) Possessing a Nerf dart.

Go back to the Examples of “Zero Tolerance” policies out of control on pages 1 and 2 in this thread to get a reminder of how out of control this abuse has become.  Click on the links and read the stories to understand how children subjected to this idiocy are being indoctrinated, intimidated, and traumatized.

This thread was started to make people aware that this abuse of zero tolerance policies is happening in many schools around the country.  The point is, don't think it can't happen in the schools your children are attending.  Some states have introduced legislation to stop this abuse.

This video is a good example:

Philadelphia, PA - January 2013

Mom Says School Went Too Far Punishing Child For 'Paper Gun'
Watch the video.
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/20653505/mom-says-south-philly-school-went-too-far-punishing-child-for-paper-airplane
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:26:27 AM by huntrights »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal