collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Don't waste your time!!!!  (Read 14671 times)

Offline backcountry55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Don't waste your time!!!!
« on: February 21, 2014, 10:32:48 AM »
So I drew the Gardner unit for cougar permit! Took two days off work drove straight thru for 7 hours got there yesterday at 4:00am with 2 inches fresh snow my unit was about 2 mile square off sagebrush I counted I think 20 pine trees the rest of the 2 miles square was private what a f---ing joke!!!! You guys were all mad you didn't get drawn you can have mine I'm done with this state!!!! Oh ya then drove home 7 more hours and 2 mt passes towing snowmobiles and hounds! Biologist called me on the way home I said who came up with the boundaries it's a joke he said I did that's where a cat was spotted we think went into town2 weeks ago lol  I said ok well its all private and it's only bout a mile big, he said ya I know....... They need not to have permits just a # of a local hound men who can help when the problem is there, he could run down and help don't have 800 people put in for what they think is a cougar removal it's not.....

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Don't waste your time!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:36:47 AM »
Sorry about your disappointment, but I would've thought you'd have checked it out better before going all in. Sounds like an expensive mistake.  :dunno: Not trying to flame you or anything but was the land just made private between the time you applied for permits and when you actually arrived there to hunt?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 10:43:12 AM »
Sorry about your disappointment, but I would've thought you'd have checked it out better before going all in. Sounds like an expensive mistake.  :dunno: Not trying to flame you or anything but was the land just made private between the time you applied for permits and when you actually arrived there to hunt?

I might be wrong here but I don't think you apply for a specific area or permit. You apply and they tell you where to go if you draw. Wacoyotehunter was complaining about the same general thing.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 11:00:26 AM »
Wow.  That sucks. 

I probably shouldn't say this, but I'm thinking it and I might as well say it:  Do they even have anybody at WDFW anymore that isn't a complete moron?   :dunno:

I would be extremely pissed too.  :bash:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »

I might be wrong here but I don't think you apply for a specific area or permit. You apply and they tell you where to go if you draw. Wacoyotehunter was complaining about the same general thing.

Then I'd be pretty pissed too. Thanks for answering that question, Jack.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline backcountry55

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »
Yes you apply then theY tell you what units are open I had a choice between entia or gardener I took Gardner! Lady said unit 231 not .0005% of unit 231 it honestly was set up for failure I truly mean that there is no humanly possibly way I was going to cath a cat in a 500 yard flat of sagebrush! I understand they have a tuff job to make everyone happy hunters and non but this is not how you do it! Seriously if you are the biologist get the # of a local hound men who lives in the area who can be there when complaints come in done deal!!! Not put out some big draw and make us think we actually drew something you would have to stay there till march 31 hoping he crossed in the 1 mile flat with the 20 pine trees in the draw! Turn loose the hounds takes the lion into private makes us hound men look like we are the bad guys I want no part of it just thought I would let you guys know its not worth the hassel

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 11:09:14 AM »
That does suck. Thanks for posting.

Offline jason stevens

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 11:56:11 AM »
Should be the whole unit not just a part.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 11:59:09 AM »
Bum deal, backcountry.  I'd be pissed as well.  I guess we can just continue to send emails hoping that one day somebody with common sense will read one of them. >:(

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 12:07:21 PM »
Wow! This state is very good at getting into sportsmans pocket books and setting us up for failure.
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »
BackCountry, thank you for reporting this to the forum.  I really feel bad for you; not only was this a waste of time and other resources, it caused frustration and anger.

I agree with your basic point: WDFW really dropped the ball on this hunt.  I suspect the biologist was worried about his work, which is why he called you.  These types of stories only further the disdain that the people hold over public employees.  For that reason alone the WDFW staff SHOULD receive a severe ear-chewing.

I am well aware that many WDFW staff (employees at various divisions) belong to this forum.  I would hold you in high regards if you were to comment here.  If not, then at least discuss this amongst yourselves, and make an effort to improve your services--because that is what your work is, a service to the public.

Shameful!

Edit: I would like to add that I am NOT a WDFW-hater.  In fact, I stand in awe of a certain biologist at the agency, who has helped me tremendously.  I do have quite of bit of experience with senior management at the agency (not entirely positive, I should add), but that doesn't cause me to be an agency basher.  My point is this: The OP here got sold a bad bill of goods.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:18:06 PM by pd »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »
Would you mind sharing who the bio was.........I bet I have an idea ;)

Offline backcountry55

• Hunter
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 03:04:48 PM »
His name was scott

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 03:10:22 PM »
His name was scott

His last start with an F and end with an N with I-T-K-I in the middle?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 03:18:07 PM »
 :chuckle:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal