collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: youth moose  (Read 7391 times)

Offline jason stevens

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: youth moose
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 08:17:26 PM »
I think if she gets drawn you will have no trouble getting her help with the tag ...but with 4 pts your asking a lot ...hope you prove me wrong  :tup:
mee toobbuddy.

Offline James E

• Hunter
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 04:06:36 PM »
I put in for my buddies kid a few years ago.  He had no points and was drawn. I think it was the MT. Spokane area. He was successful, with a huge cow. He also had a friend who was drawn as well. My buddy will be over tomorrow night. You can pm me if you want.

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »
I understsand if you buy regular points as a youth you can carry them over but I feel that if you are never drawn in the youth category you should be able to carry those over as well.. Its hard enough to get drawn as it is. If a youth never gets drawn such as my niece so far all those points are lost.  There should be somekind of clause that if you are never drawn and  never get a chance to use the youth permits they should be rolled over. Just my :twocents:
If its brown knock it down

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 12:41:21 PM »
There should be somekind of clause that if you are never drawn and never get a chance to use the youth permits they should be rolled over.

If that were the case then kids shouldn't be allowed to also apply in the other moose categories. I think it's fair the way it is. If they want to accumulate points for bull moose, then apply for the regular bull moose permits.

Personally, I don't even feel there should be a separate youth category for moose. I'd rather see those cow moose tags go to seniors, who may have never hunted moose before and may only have a few years left to hunt at all.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 12:45:30 PM »
There should be somekind of clause that if you are never drawn and never get a chance to use the youth permits they should be rolled over.

If that were the case then kids shouldn't be allowed to also apply in the other moose categories. I think it's fair the way it is. If they want to accumulate points for bull moose, then apply for the regular bull moose permits.

Personally, I don't even feel there should be a separate youth category for moose. I'd rather see those cow moose tags go to seniors, who may have never hunted moose before and may only have a few years left to hunt at all.

:yeah:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 02:28:48 PM »

:yeah:
understood
If its brown knock it down

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 03:14:25 PM »
I'd rather see those cow moose tags go to seniors, who may have never hunted moose before and may only have a few years left to hunt at all.
Roll them over into a senior category, give them a bonus for living and sticking with Washingtons system all those years.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline benhuntin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 04:04:52 PM »

I'd rather see those cow moose tags go to seniors, who may have never hunted moose before and may only have a few years left to hunt at all.
Roll them over into a senior category, give them a bonus for living and sticking with Washingtons system all those years.
I would agree with that as long as they had not drawn any washington moose tag in their lifetime. Other than that let the kids have em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline jason stevens

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 07:11:25 AM »
Well even with a few points in all categories we got not selected a little shocked that she didn't drraw a youth deer tag but that the luck of the draw guess will try again next year.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 06:03:59 PM »
You know who to contact Jason.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline jason stevens

• Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »
We are already talking about it bud ill let ya know.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal