collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lighted Nocks  (Read 38525 times)

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/stiknstring.bow
Re: Lighted Nocks
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »
I forgot all about this thread..  :chuckle:
I still stand behind my statements though.
  I really should not respond to the accusations that I am "made of money" or that I was contradicting myself, or being ignorant of why they were designed...
Or my "arrogant traditional elitest attitude" and growing up in a hunting household, but just for clarification feel it is neccessary.
I have been suffering financial difficulties since lost everything in 2008 as part of losing a decent job with 4 dependants.
I now understand that the design was intended to be able to watch your arrow in flight to detect tuning issues (I use paper tuning to do this) yet still am of the opinion seeing the arrow in flight during low light situations is the benefit, they are not that obvious during a sunny day at the range.
I also did NOT come from a hunting family, I lived on the streets of downtown Seattle at the age of 14, actually got into hunting because I was tired of eating fish, and too proud to ask for handouts.

And to adress the issue of me "actually killing the future of hunting"  it is all about maintaining the priveledge, because unlike others, I see it as a priveledge, not a right.
"Traditional" to me, is being able to introduce my sport to my children and being able to hand it down as a TRADITION, it makes no difference what weapon you use, but if you choose to play a sport, the first thing you do is not try to change the rules to suit yourself, you play by the rules as they are established.
If, after you are an active participant you can change the rules for the benefit of the game, I support you.
But if you just want to make it easier, I wonder why you are doing it in the first place, cannot be because of the challenge if you say it is "too hard"
Separation of the hunting community has been an issue ever since they started resource allocation, one of these problems has been one user group seeing the benefits another receives, promoting jealousy.
Modern hunters wish they could hunt during the rut, yet are shut out because of the efficiency of their weapons, Muzzle loaders are given limited units and short seasons, Bow hunters get long seasons and near rut...
The reason the seasons are what they are is because the WDFW is forced to make it so that success rates are low, in order to preserve the ability to have seasons at all.
They really have no idea what is going to work, that is why they keep changing it, but one thing is for sure, the game itself cannot afford to maintain a harvest level that will make all users happy and still have animals for my (and your) children to be able to hunt.
So... My "arrogant, traditional elitest attitude" is merely a reflection that TRADITIONAL, to me,  MEANS THAT MY KIDS WILL BE ABLE TO HUNT no matter what weapon they choose, and attempting to change the regulations to make it easier will only put another nail in the coffin of the average hunter being able to hunt.
AGAIN< I DO NOT THINK THAT LUMENOCKS ARE THE ISSUE, merely that weapon choices are simply that, if you dont want to play by the rules, then dont switch.
When the rules are changed, and you like them, welcome !
I will support all new hunters, period.
I do not care what weapon they use.
I just have no use for cry-babies.

The mountains are calling and I must go."
- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
- John Burroughs
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor Trainer

Offline gilroym

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2015, 07:50:40 AM »
I used lighted nocks last year and without the little gleaming light I wouldn't have found the arrow. it does help in being successful a little as I was able to see my arrow placement during travel and draw a second time but the deer didn't go to far after the first shot and I would have been able to do that anyways it was just a little faster.

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 07:54:23 AM »
I used lighted nocks last year and without the little gleaming light I wouldn't have found the arrow. it does help in being successful a little as I was able to see my arrow placement during travel and draw a second time but the deer didn't go to far after the first shot and I would have been able to do that anyways it was just a little faster.

What state was this in?

Offline turkeyfeather

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NWTF
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »

What state was this in?
Why?  :dunno:
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is who you actually are while your reputation is merely who others think you are.

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 07:41:31 AM »

What state was this in?

Forgot wa legalized them last year.

Offline turkeyfeather

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NWTF
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 08:43:08 AM »

What state was this in?

Forgot wa legalized them last year.
:tup:
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is who you actually are while your reputation is merely who others think you are.

Offline gilroym

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 07:29:01 AM »
I used them last year it was nice finding my missed arrow. Not sure how it could increase your distance or shot opportunity it doesn't light up until you no longer control the arrow.

I get better seasons would be nice but I don't see how the focus on lighted nocks takes away from that battle. Same with mechanicals people wanted them and asked for them it was passed and their here.

The seasons issue affects all hunters and would require changing seasons for non archery hunters and that will take much more effort. If all three topics were in play they would all get an individual review.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 07:33:53 AM »
I don't see why people have such an issue with it.  If you use the Clean Shot Lighted Nocks, you're just going to find your arrow faster, it doesn't light up until you release, and you're supporting a local company.

Offline Kyle1112

• Hunter
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 08:43:07 AM »
I'm with ctwiggs1, Clean shots nicks are the best on the market if you ask me. Practice mode so you burn them up, super bright, waterproof, killer customer service. When I started using them I thought I may have some change in poi but none what so ever!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 08:47:51 AM »
Do they affect entry into Pope & Young?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline bowhunterty

• Longhunter
  • Hunt Hard or Stay Home!!!
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 08:58:55 AM »
Pianoman not now. P & Y changed thwere rules.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 09:07:32 AM »
Thanks. I've avoided them but i might think about changing my mind.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Kyle1112

• Hunter
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 10:07:43 AM »
If you go with clean shot, tell them kyle jaramillo sent you...

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 10:09:58 AM »
Absolute no brainer to use them.  Why wouldn't you?  The only thing they do is allow you to know exactly where your arrow hit.  This can make all the difference in recovering a hit animal.  Knowing for certain whether it was gut shot versus lungs etc...  Borderline unethical to refuse to use them when they are an option  :twocents:

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »
Absolute no brainer to use them.  Why wouldn't you?  The only thing they do is allow you to know exactly where your arrow hit.  This can make all the difference in recovering a hit animal.  Knowing for certain whether it was gut shot versus lungs etc...  Borderline unethical to refuse to use them when they are an option  :twocents:

Give me a break. 

Reasons to not use them:

1) expensive (breaking, losing arrows can still happen, they are not a flare)
2) loss of FOC
3) don't want to

Borderline unethical?  So it's ethical to gut shoot a deer as long as you know you did? 
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]