collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: How do we get back Sept 8-21 season?  (Read 41564 times)

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: How do we get back Sept 8-21 season?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »
Second Saturday might work if it was only a 9 day season. 14 days would put it too far into the rut, and also would conflict with some modern firearm permit hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »
Second Saturday might work if it was only a 9 day season. 14 days would put it too far into the rut, and also would conflict with some modern firearm permit hunts.

+1
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline et1702

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »

As I've mentioned previously, who cares if there are one or two rifle rut tag holders out there w/us.  There are already bear hunters and bird hunters out there now.  Plus, some years it would go deeper into the rut (like 2014) and then seven years out it would start on the 8th.

ET
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:16:23 PM by et1702 »

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
How do we get back Sept 8-21 season?
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 03:15:22 PM »
Apples to oranges.  We got screwed and I won't stop until we return to our 2006-2008 seasons.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:07:30 PM by dreamingbig »
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »
I don't care personally, but that's what the WDFW will say. And, they would want archery hunters to wear orange.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 03:17:35 PM »

As I've mentioned previously, who cares if there are one or two rifle rut tag holders out there w/us.  There are already bear hunters and bird hunters out there now.

ET
Why should archery hunters be afforded a longer season than other user groups?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline et1702

• Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014, 03:19:13 PM »

We don't wear orange now, with bear and bird hunters in the woods with us.  Why would one or two more hunters matter.  Doesn't make sense.

Offline et1702

• Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2014, 03:22:07 PM »

As I've mentioned previously, who cares if there are one or two rifle rut tag holders out there w/us.  There are already bear hunters and bird hunters out there now.

ET
Why should archery hunters be afforded a longer season than other user groups?

Ok, make it 13 days, as it is now.  I'm not going to get dragged into the debate about archery vs. ML vs. rifle.  But, there is a good reason why they progress from most primitive to modern.

ET

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2014, 04:09:18 PM »
I will.  Archery hunters should because it is flat out harder.  Don't agree?  Then make the switch to archery and see for yourself.

@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
If you don't mind the 13 day season the answer is easy, wait six years and you get the season you want.  It gets worse every year after that for six years and then bingo back to the good season.  :chuckle:

It should be just a set start date, 8-20 and 8-21 would be great but at this point I would love to just see the set date with the number of days we have, 13.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 04:22:55 PM »
I will.  Archery hunters should because it is flat out harder.  Don't agree?  Then make the switch to archery and see for yourself.

So what if its harder, how does that justify archery hunters having more opportunity? Its not ML and modern hunters problem that you are not as successful.

And FYI I do hunt archery!

Offline snowpack

• Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »

I don't think that is necessarily an accurate comparison.  If hunting the exact same dates with weapon choice, sure.  But Sept 8-21 with a bow vs Nov 8-20 with a rifle....I think it is in favor of the bow.

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »

So what if its harder, how does that justify archery hunters having more opportunity? Its not ML and modern hunters problem that you are not as successful.

And FYI I do hunt archery!

The WDFW says they care.  All they preach is equal success rates.  I didn't say it was too hard for me but it is harder avg to avg.

@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline Snapshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 08:06:45 PM »

What? You would'nt give up your compound for the op'ty to hunt in the middle of the rut and have a season that runs for 19 days at the best time of the year? And its deer season too!

Can we ban a muzzleloader from the WSB forum?

lol...too funny.
I'd just like to remind everybody that it's about the hunting, not just the killing. In other words, it's about the total experience, the sport itself and the challenge involved. Bowhunting, done right, is a justifiable and honorable pursuit. Done for the wrong reasons, simply chalking up kills and seeking personal glory, it's taking away rather than giving back to a principled way of life that has to be experienced to be understood. G.StCharles

Offline Snapshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »
I didnt give them the shaft. Mod compounds and muzzies today have no compare with what the original intent of the primitive season was all about. These weapons have outpaced their perceived category.
True, the weapons have evolved well beyond what they were when the separate seasons were first created. Fifteen years ago I wouldn't have said this...but I think I might live long enough to see "Primitive Weapons Only" at some level; maybe units only, or maybe seasons...time will tell.
I'd just like to remind everybody that it's about the hunting, not just the killing. In other words, it's about the total experience, the sport itself and the challenge involved. Bowhunting, done right, is a justifiable and honorable pursuit. Done for the wrong reasons, simply chalking up kills and seeking personal glory, it's taking away rather than giving back to a principled way of life that has to be experienced to be understood. G.StCharles

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]