collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2014 Hunt-WA Summer BBQ!!! July 26-27!!  (Read 102272 times)

Offline Fishstiq

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: 2014 Hunt-WA Summer BBQ!!! *CHOOSE A DATE!
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2014, 01:24:28 PM »
Anyone take a head count last year? I'd guess around 40 or so? Hard to tell...I was......maybe a touch.....sipping one or two beverages.

We kept a rough tally.  Everyone wasn't there at once, but all told close to 70 people came and went at some point. 

*Edit*

This is why we will be getting a porta potty this year!  I am not unclogging anyones....nevermind....again this year!!!

:puke:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

― Samuel Adams

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »
I forgot about that......I believe I was arriving and you were working on getting that...or someones...business taken care of!

Offline Becky

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2014, 01:28:32 PM »
Anyone take a head count last year? I'd guess around 40 or so? Hard to tell...I was......maybe a touch.....sipping one or two beverages.

We kept a rough tally.  Everyone wasn't there at once, but all told close to 70 people came and went at some point.

I was gonna say we had a list on the other thread, that x2 was roughly the amount with their spouses, then if you count kiddos there was a good number. List isn't there anymore though.

Offline Fishstiq

• Sourdough
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »
We have been discussing prizes for games, to get folks and kiddos more involved.  We are also incubating and hatching our own chickens now.  Last year, lots of the kids were excited to find an egg in the chicken coop and wanted to hatch them.  See where this is going....? 

So, we can set eggs to hatch a day or two before the bbq, and there could be baby chickens as prizes for kids.  I know not everyone has the resources (time, money, space) to raise them, but I thought it would be a cool prize for the kids and a really funny problem to stick some of you parents with!   :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

― Samuel Adams

Offline Goldeneye

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
  • One shot One Kill
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2014, 01:58:27 PM »

*Edit*

This is why we will be getting a porta potty this year!  I am not unclogging anyones....nevermind....again this year!!!

I remember you talking about having to do that.  A honey bucket is probably the best solution.   You may have a hard time convincing some of the more proper types to use it.

Offline Fishstiq

• Sourdough
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2014, 02:13:59 PM »

*Edit*

I remember you talking about having to do that.  A honey bucket is probably the best solution.   You may have a hard time convincing some of the more proper types to use it.

Hunt-WA has "proper types"?   :yike:

― Samuel Adams

Offline Becky

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2014, 02:15:11 PM »

*Edit*

Hunt-WA has "proper types"?   :yike:

Lol I was just typing that out, maybe they're on the wrong forum then..

Offline Chase 1

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Scout
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2014, 02:36:04 PM »
Good to see your up for hosting again Joe, had a great time last year! I'll bring holey boards for anyone that wants to toss some washers. Should I plan to bring Jalapeno poppers again?

The June date works best for me but only because the July date usually finds me down at Aquafest gettin rowdy.

Lookin forward to it!

Ron

Offline h20hunter

• Legend
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »
FYI....if this is at the end of July I will volunteer to go out and enjoy a morning on the water to load up with a fresh haul of crab.

Offline scottcrb

• NRA, RMEF, Wa marketing director Montucky Cold Snack, MDF, BHA,
  • Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Montucky Cold Snacks
  • Groups: nra, RMEF,MDF
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2014, 08:41:16 PM »
 :yeah: I.might be able to do.that as,well

Offline Fishstiq

• Sourdough
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2014, 08:02:41 AM »
Oh, good call!  I have a small fish tank aerator I put in a cooler to keep crabs alive, maybe I'll get some the day before.  I'm starting to like the July dates!

― Samuel Adams

Offline Fishstiq

• Sourdough
Re: 2014 Hunt-WA Summer BBQ!!! July 26-27!!
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »
Alright, time's up!  The date is set, July 26-27.  Seems like that will work for more peoples. 

― Samuel Adams

Offline h20hunter

• Legend
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2014, 10:26:19 AM »
Sweet

Offline hrd2fnd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Washington for Wildlife
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2014, 10:36:55 AM »
 :tup: on my calendar  :tup:
"Believe in your abilities and confidence will lead you on"

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »
I am going to try to make it this year. I will also try to get some crabs for the event.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal