collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Good Trailer Camp Sites  (Read 10821 times)

Offline hiway_99

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Scout
    • https://m.facebook.com/100088313187853/
Re: Good Trailer Camp Sites
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »
The only problem with greyland state parks were the thieves last time I was there.  It was a well known problem with the rangers there.  My group had over $3500 in stuff stolen in one weekend.  Needless to say I haven't been back.  This was last year or the year before.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 12:18:33 PM »
Shady Pines in Conconully, Steve and his wife run a first class operation.  :tup:

http://www.shadypinesresort.com/
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline bhawley76

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 12:18:58 PM »
Twenty five mile creek at lake Chelan is one of my favorites, big salmon is another. :tup:

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 06:27:48 PM »
Shady Pines in Conconully, Steve and his wife run a first class operation.  :tup:

I took a look at this one as well last night, it seems just from their site and Liar Cove's site both places are pretty nice and appear friendly and well run. Definitely a place I will be staying in the near future!
"A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work"

Offline Stump

• Hunter
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 07:12:24 PM »
Cowlitz Falls Campground
889 Peters Rd.
Randle, WA 98377

This place is off the beaten path and has hook up for power and water with a dump station. The camp ground has a boat launch on the Cowlitz and the Cipus river is close. It is also close access to Scanewa lake and  Riffe lake is just a hope down a dirt road. All have great fishing.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 07:18:29 PM »

I took a look at this one as well last night, it seems just from their site and Liar Cove's site both places are pretty nice and appear friendly and well run. Definitely a place I will be staying in the near future!

If you like a little more subdued crowed go with Shady Pines, Liars Cove can get a little noisier than some like at night. Quite a few nights you can hear them having fun little past quite hours at Shady Pines, them again that might fit your needs.  :chuckle:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 09:08:01 PM »

If you like a little more subdued crowed go with Shady Pines, Liars Cove can get a little noisier than some like at night. Quite a few nights you can hear them having fun little past quite hours at Shady Pines, them again that might fit your needs.  :chuckle:

Looks like wife reserved a spot in june for liars cove..we've never stayed in conconully so it should be fun! A little noise doesnt bother me I'm used to it. Looking forward to that trip and ill check out shady pines for a future stay while there!

Sent from my electronic office device

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 07:01:01 AM »

Looks like wife reserved a spot in june for liars cove..we've never stayed in conconully so it should be fun! A little noise doesnt bother me I'm used to it. Looking forward to that trip and ill check out shady pines for a future stay while there!

There are 2 bars in town for eating out if you plan on doing that. Both are kid friendly. The Tamarack and the Sit-N-Bull. Plus a little store for basic needs. Gas is expensive up there by the way.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline scottcrb

• NRA, RMEF, Wa marketing director Montucky Cold Snack, MDF, BHA,
  • Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Montucky Cold Snacks
  • Groups: nra, RMEF,MDF
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 07:51:51 AM »
just got access to a bigger tent trailer so tagging as well

Offline Lingcod

• Hunter
  • Friends don't let friends eat farmed Salmon
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 08:31:44 AM »
West side: Dosewallips State park in Brinnon is really nice with everything you need. Fish on the Dosewallips river or pick oysters and clams on the hood canal, Seal Rock nearby is also great. Klalaloch is quite the haul but well worth it, especially is its open for Razor Clams.

East side: Fish lake out of Leavenworth is nice with some lunkers in the lake and you can rent a boat (Mosquitos can get bad mid-summer). Bumping Lake in Naches is nice with some nice hikes and great fishing.
“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 12:24:32 PM »

There are 2 bars in town for eating out if you plan on doing that. Both are kid friendly. The Tamarack and the Sit-N-Bull. Plus a little store for basic needs. Gas is expensive up there by the way.

Perfect thanks for the good info Campmeat!! Yea Gas isn't too much of a concern but I would have guessed more expensive than over here.

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 12:26:15 PM »

West side: Dosewallips State park in Brinnon is really nice with everything you need. Fish on the Dosewallips river or pick oysters and clams on the hood canal, Seal Rock nearby is also great. Klalaloch is quite the haul but well worth it, especially is its open for Razor Clams.

East side: Fish lake out of Leavenworth is nice with some lunkers in the lake and you can rent a boat (Mosquitos can get bad mid-summer). Bumping Lake in Naches is nice with some nice hikes and great fishing.

Yea we have a family cabin over by fish lake nice lake to get out and get some fishing done or taking the kiddos out!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »
Gamehunter034, you'll love it over there. There is so much to do and see along with the history of the old days. You won't be disappointed one bit.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »

Gamehunter034, you'll love it over there. There is so much to do and see along with the history of the old days. You won't be disappointed one bit.

I'm looking forward to it! Thanks again for the advice. I have hunted the sinlahekin many times but never spent time in conconully. I plan on doing as much as the wife and kiddo can handle!

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 05:38:12 PM »
Baker lake has tons of good sites

Howard miller steelhead park in concrete is nice.   So is rasar state park. 

Panorama point at baker lake is my all time favorite. We hit it a few times a year.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal