collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Colockum Cows  (Read 9936 times)

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Colockum Cows
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 07:40:42 AM »
Here is what I found for the three user groups for Colockum 328,329

Modern was 190, now 325, increase of 135 permits.
Archery was 140, now 365, increase of 225 permits.
Muzzy   was 40, now 85, increase of 45 permits.

That only comes up to 775 permits so there must be another GMU that they are including in the Colockum herd that got some permits also.

I am thinking they dang near made the archery open to anyone who applies and they still get the application fee. I will have to wait and see the report on how many applied for that tag last year to confirm that.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »
The other permits might be in 330, 335, and Elk Area 2032 (Malaga).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 08:10:36 AM »
 :yeah:

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 08:29:17 AM »
The other permits might be in 330, 335, and Elk Area 2032 (Malaga).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That got me another 100 permits using those three areas.  They didn't increase the permits in those areas but adding them in would get you closer to the 1000 number they stated, 875 is what I am coming up with now.

If you add in the 40 master hunter in Fairview and the 25 for all of region three damage hunts where they call you when they have a problem that gets you a little closer to the 1000 mark.

Anyways it is a definite increase in permits.  I filled my Colockum cow tag last year and hope to get drawn again this year.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
None of it really is jiving.  They have more than 374 permits now and the letter says they are increasing from 374 to 1016.  It also says that the increase is mainly in antlerless tags.  So I guess I need to add into my number the extra bull tags.  I think they increased those by.....two in the Teanaway unit.

Offline time2hunt

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »
Why not give the youth 50 tags and a week to themselves to hunt cow and have a opportunity to harvest there first big game animal ????
Local 3482

Offline D-Rock425

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 01:56:11 PM »
Why not give the youth 50 tags and a week to themselves to hunt cow and have a opportunity to harvest there first big game animal ????
not a bad idea.

Offline nw_bowhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 02:57:15 PM »
not a bad idea.

Excellent idea

Offline nw_bowhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 03:04:21 PM »
Increasing the permits is not necessary the best for the elk heards and the areas will be even more competitive. I want to be to hunt anterless but this worries me with all the extra pressure that will be applied to the elk herds.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 03:55:38 PM »
Stop with your logical, common sense thinking, and generosity man!  We are talking WDFW here! Seriously though, that is an amazing idea!  I'm sure you know how tough it is for a youth to kill an elk in this state.  This idea would give them a solid chance at a really quality experience, not the pumpkin patch chaos of general season. :tup:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline time2hunt

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 07:47:14 AM »
Ya it just amazes me that they alway seem to for get are younger generation:( I heard that the winter herd count had app 2200 cows above there desired level
Local 3482

Offline luv2hunt

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, Ducks Unlimited, RMEF
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 11:27:41 AM »
Ok so the new reg's are on line now... Just to clarify, there are 425 modern tags, 475 archery tags, and only 90 muzzy tags. Wtf is the deal with the muzzy tags? WDFW never ceases to amaze me in the way they do things, it doesn't  make sense the way they broke the permits down, maybe i'm missing something  :dunno:?

http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01589/wdfw01589.pdf

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2014, 11:33:51 AM »
Ok so the new reg's are on line now... Just to clarify, there are 425 modern tags, 475 archery tags, and only 90 muzzy tags. Wtf is the deal with the muzzy tags? WDFW never ceases to amaze me in the way they do things, it doesn't  make sense the way they broke the permits down, maybe i'm missing something  :dunno:?

Wow that is an increase over the proposed increase that they sent out previously.

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2014, 11:39:56 AM »

That's a real good idea! Give all the tags to the youth and let the season run September through December to allow ample time to hunt along with there other curricular activities.

Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2014, 01:20:30 PM »

Looks to me like there isn't really a general muzzy season in 328 or 329, just in 335.  My guess is they have more rifle and archery guys hunting general seasons in those three gmus and that is why they get the majority of the permits, but who knows why they do what they do.  They did over double the old number of permits for each user group.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal