collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Forest Service decides to allow ATVs on its roads (Okanogan-Wenatchee NF ONLY)  (Read 23167 times)

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Not as far as I know. If the shop that inspects your Commander signs off on it as per the states requirements,  you're good.

I sold my Commander because of width restrictions on all forest service regs in any state, 50 inches. My Commander was 62 with wheel spacers. I think they are around 60 without. Something to think about.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
www.commanderforum.org    is a good place for Commander owners. You can get good deals on parts, get problems answered etc. I still belong to it.

Offline firepin

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
Thanks CAMPMEAT, we are just looking right now. We really like the Commander, but waiting to make sure they allow us to ride were we want. We have a Jeep for trail fun.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
Thanks CAMPMEAT, we are just looking right now. We really like the Commander, but waiting to make sure they allow us to ride were we want. We have a Jeep for trail fun.

Where do you want to ride ?

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
Thank you Okanogan Forest Service..........

Offline 6x6in6

• Frontiersman
 :chuckle:

Careful, don't be causing no resource damage since since your off-road in that photo.   :chuckle:

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer

Careful, don't be causing no resource damage since since your off-road in that photo.   :chuckle:

I know, I know, but I'm in the ditch because washelkhunter ran me off the road.......... :tup:

Offline 6x6in6

• Frontiersman

I know, I know, but I'm in the ditch because washelkhunter ran me off the road.......... :tup:
Can't be so.  He would not have missed hitting you.  Because he's that damn good. (in his own mind).
My turn signals for my Rhino get delivered by the the brown truck dude today.  Install them an get my inspection - good to go!!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer

Can't be so.  He would not have missed hitting you.  Because he's that damn good. (in his own mind).
My turn signals for my Rhino get delivered by the the brown truck dude today.  Install them an get my inspection - good to go!!

Do you have anyplace to ride, like Walker Valley ? Or, can you ride in Mt Baker NF yet ?

Offline 6x6in6

• Frontiersman

Do you have anyplace to ride, like Walker Valley ? Or, can you ride in Mt Baker NF yet ?
Walker, yes, it's DNR land so requires the DP.
Mount Baker/Snoqualmie NF - That will be a cold day in *blank* before they nod their head on that.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer

Mount Baker/Snoqualmie NF - That will be a cold day in *blank* before they nod their head on that.

Mt Baker is Conservation NW's backdoor. I guess it won't ever be open.

Offline 6x6in6

• Frontiersman

Probably not.  The vast majority of roads just peter out due to overgrown anyways.  Not many "loop" roads to take and out and back type of riding is boring.
I spend most of my free time on the east slopes anyways.  I live in the rain and try to get away from it whenever possible.   :chuckle:
A couple places in particular this will become handy for me as I frequent the areas.  The Naneum Forest and it's DNR land - now I can ride off the Naneum and up over the top to Liberty or Lions Rock if I choose too.  Same for the LT Murray.  I can leave the LT and head west into the Manastash and ride the ORV stuff in there if I want or even go up towards Stampede.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer

Probably not.  The vast majority of roads just peter out due to overgrown anyways.  Not many "loop" roads to take and out and back type of riding is boring.
I spend most of my free time on the east slopes anyways.  I live in the rain and try to get away from it whenever possible.   :chuckle:
A couple places in particular this will become handy for me as I frequent the areas.  The Naneum Forest and it's DNR land - now I can ride off the Naneum and up over the top to Liberty or Lions Rock if I choose too.  Same for the LT Murray.  I can leave the LT and head west into the Manastash and ride the ORV stuff in there if I want or even go up towards Stampede.
\

I used to have a 400 hp jeep and we jeeped all over Liberty and LIons Rock, Buck Meadows over the Shoestring and go back home. That was years ago before any commie groups, no passes etc to enjoy OUR lands..

Offline 6x6in6

• Frontiersman
Went thru the dealer inspection today.  PASSED.
Went to the licensing agent - Got the piece of paper that says good to go.

Strap the Go-Pro on and I'm gonna do ride by video of the "Now Entering National Forest" sign, just for washelk.   :chuckle:

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
Went thru the dealer inspection today.  PASSED.
Went to the licensing agent - Got the piece of paper that says good to go.

Strap the Go-Pro on and I'm gonna do ride by video of the "Now Entering National Forest" sign, just for washelk.   :chuckle:

Good for you. Happy camper........

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]