collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Yamaha T-8 and 9.9 Water Pump Rebuild  (Read 4345 times)

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
Re: Yamaha T-8 and 9.9 Water Pump Rebuild
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 08:40:39 PM »
Nice job Rob.... 

Wildman - now I see where I got to go next on mine...  Man o man I cleaned everything over and over, replaced lines, bulbs, etc.  But I see the culprit ---- fuel pump, looks like your still has residual crap from the ethanol fuel- sure mine is nasty inside, oh well better now than troll time....  I have gone to a separate 3 gallon daily fill tank set up with quick disconnect for my kicker, tired of tearing apart the carb year after year...   

The tiny jets on the Yamaha carb get crap very easily...  I also have two filters and a water separator and ONLY run Non-ethanol fuel all the time now days...   

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 09:18:13 AM »
Nice job Rob.... 

Wildman - now I see where I got to go next on mine...  Man o man I cleaned everything over and over, replaced lines, bulbs, etc.  But I see the culprit ---- fuel pump, looks like your still has residual crap from the ethanol fuel- sure mine is nasty inside, oh well better now than troll time....  I have gone to a separate 3 gallon daily fill tank set up with quick disconnect for my kicker, tired of tearing apart the carb year after year...   

The tiny jets on the Yamaha carb get crap very easily...  I also have two filters and a water separator and ONLY run Non-ethanol fuel all the time now days...   

That's exactly what i did to mine a couple years ago.  Got tired of screwing with it as it was tempermental if any water at all, even tiny amounts, entered it from the main tank connection, even though it contained non ethanol fuel.  Always a little water at the pick up in the tank.

Seperate 3 gallon tank of non ethanol and it purrs like a kitten.  Problems solved.
"About the time you realize that your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 09:54:51 AM »
Nice job Rob.... 

Evan after the pump rebuild It still ran a tad rough. So I pulled the carb apart again and blew through the jets. One jet had a little piece of goo come out like rubber cement. Got it all back together and it purrs! For how long though. Lol

Carry some 10 mm tools and drivers and it can be done anywere, anytime.

I was surprised Yamaha wanted 22 bucks for the fuel filter. What a joke. I went to the auto parts store and matched one up.

The Diaphrams are 11 and 32 bucks. Ugg.
part numbers
66m24471-01-00
66m24411-01-00

If you dont need the oil diaphran, dont get it. Its the 32 dollar one.

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 09:06:34 PM »
Yeah,  Yamaha parts are crazy priced for any of their parts. 

I hear you on the rubberized goo, it is like silicon almost... Agree - I think I can rebuild a carb as easy as I used to disassemble and put together a M-60 or even a M-16.. lol

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 09:22:28 PM »
Great write up, with pictures and everything. Nice job and should come in handy for the guys that have never done one.

I have to replace 10 to 15 impellers every summer in Alaska and I have never seen an impeller that bad in 36 years. lol It was definitely time for a new one. Again, great write up Huntnphool.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]